Windows 10: Making Windows 10 More Personal and More Secure with Windows Hello

Discus and support Making Windows 10 More Personal and More Secure with Windows Hello in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; There's little difference between an officer standing in front of you and one watching a camera that's in your face. Depends what you are guilty of. Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Dave44, Mar 16, 2015.

1. adamf Win User

Making Windows 10 More Personal and More Secure with Windows Hello

Depends what you are guilty of.

adamf, Mar 17, 2015
  2. groze Win User

Finally, someone with my view that can explain it better than I can. Here is a big *Thumbs Mark Phelps

groze, Mar 17, 2015
  3. LEE
    Lee Win User
    . . .#1. . .*Roflmao2*Roflmao2*Roflmao2*Roflmao2. . .you need to go on the comedy circuit. . .your really good. . .*Smile

4. Making Windows 10 More Personal and More Secure with Windows Hello

It's nice to see Microsoft looking in the future.
    Us as users will have to decide to use such things or not.
    I personally don't need or want such gadgets but I'm just one person.

I try to remember just because something is possible doesn't necessary mean that should be done.

The place I get my pizza's from uses finger print scanner for their cash registers.
    That way they know which employee opens the register and what transaction was done.

When it comes to phones; if you can't keep track of your phone you probable won't remember which finger to use.

Face and eyes will depend whether one partied the night before. Might have to wait a day before your face and eyes were back to normal.

Their are + and - with just about everything.

Layback Bear, Mar 18, 2015
  5. groze Win User
    Layback bear the eye thing may not work if you have eye problem. I have a lazy eye.

groze, Mar 18, 2015
  6. I've been taken to task for my comments in my post #26 -- so in fairness to MS, let me explain that the original context in which I read this article (on another forum) was under the heading of "Microsoft is making the password obsolete in Windows 10"

The parts that REALLY bothered me were the following:
    and
    I'm not opposed to ADDING Biometrics for authentication to Win10; I'm opposed to MS having a plan to force the rest of us to use ONLY Biometrics for Win10.

For those interested in the entire article, here is the link: http://www.neowin.net/news/windows-h...-in-windows-10

Mark Phelps, Mar 18, 2015
  7. chrisa Win User
    Source? Other than paranoia. Pretty sure the use of Biometrics are going to be optional, just like using a Microsoft Account as your login is currently optional. None of the options are going away, while they'd prefer you used biometrics. Remember that for a good while, most people won't even have devices with which to use Biometrics. The market will ultimately shake out the winning strategy, usually based on ease of use.

You just have to get used to breathless bloggers claiming stuff is going to 'be dead' and whatever.

chrisa, Mar 18, 2015
  8. groze Win User

Did you even bother reading the article that Mark Phelps linked to? He showed you proof and Vlad Dudau is a news editor.

Here is the quote expanded

Neowin is a pretty good site, at lot of poster here would agree.

groze, Mar 18, 2015
  9. chrisa Win User
    The key words there actually being 'aiming to'. If it said what you think it says the quote would have been... 'Microsoft is going to replace them completely'. But hey... Microsoft is aiming to make inroads into the Phone market. Microsoft is aiming to be the biggest company on the planet. Whether they will succeed in such endeavors does not make them a certainty or that they 'are going to' happen. Aiming is a term and could mean a great many things while still holding true.

But in the end, Biometrics is going to be an option, one they'll be promoting as a way to provide secure systems, and one they hope will permanently take the place of passwords. Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't... but the old style is still going to be an option for backwards compatibility and particular outlier use cases.. same as oldstyle usernames are still available in lieu of using a Microsoft Account.

chrisa, Mar 18, 2015
  10. Phone Man Win User
    Instead of reading what some blogger said why not read the source article from Microsoft to see what MS actually said.

http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwin...windows-hello/

I just love the way these hack bloggers leave out the important things.

Jim *Mad

Phone Man, Mar 18, 2015
  11. Just like no one would behead hostages and post the pictures on Facebook.
    *Doh

"Biometric only" security is a stupid idea.
    How do you change your DNA, fingerprints, retina, etc. once you've been hacked?

That's why there are no illegal entries occurring in any countries in the world.

These are the same people who can't even come up with a secure electronic voting system.

lehnerus2000, Mar 18, 2015
  12. BunnyJ New Member
    Ok.. how do you hack DNA??

BunnyJ, Mar 18, 2015
  13. Making Windows 10 More Personal and More Secure with Windows Hello

Have you ever seen a DNA slide?
    The system is only going to read certain areas.
    Perhaps you are contending that it will read the position of every atom in a DNA strand.

Acquiring your DNA is easier than hacking your fingers off.

lehnerus2000, Mar 18, 2015
  14. BunnyJ New Member
    Ah,, no I've never seen a DNA slide..

BunnyJ, Mar 18, 2015
  15. I mean something like this:

Making Windows 10 More Personal and More Secure with Windows Hello [​IMG]

http://www.slideshare.net/iamkaripotter/dna-in-criminal-justicecomplete-slides

Still it will be a few years until we will have instant DNA readers built-in to PCs.

A thing to consider is that even if biometric security is foolproof, it doesn't mean that stupid criminals will believe it .

Check out the stories in these links for examples of dumb criminals:
    http://rawjustice.com/2010/07/17/15-...est-criminals/
    http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/rea...-1226708128173

Smart criminals would just use other methods (e.g. kidnapping family members, etc.).

lehnerus2000, Mar 19, 2015
Thema:

1. Making Windows 10 More Personal and More Secure with Windows Hello - Similar Threads - Making More Personal

2. windows security is not more available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows security is not more available: here you can see windows security is not present here but it's still delete some of crack files as a virus how can get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-security-is-not-more-available/50273b6a-5f68-4786-a755-7a1b5f91fe18
  3. windows security is not more available

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows security is not more available: here you can see windows security is not present here but it's still delete some of crack files as a virus how can get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-security-is-not-more-available/50273b6a-5f68-4786-a755-7a1b5f91fe18
  4. windows security is not more available

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Make Windows 10 more secure

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Make Windows 10 more secure: Hello, since I saw a video how easy it is to bypass the normal Windows login-screen, I was wondering how I could protect myself against it. Against live-boot from other media: I have enabled bitlocker encryption, so booting from a live-stick (e.g. Linux) should not give...
  6. Windows Security - Learn More

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security - Learn More: Some may not be aware of this and some may find the info available enlightening, interesting. > Windows Security 'dashboard'. > any category & at the top-right is Windows community videos...
  7. Is there no more person to person Chat Support for windows 10?

Is there no more person to person Chat Support for windows 10?: No more free remote access tech support? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-no-more-person-to-person-chat-support-for/7c9a6d98-cfbd-4bd2-9d8d-59d375dda290
  8. Making scrollbars more visible in Windows 10

Making scrollbars more visible in Windows 10: Thought I'd post a solution to this issue that works to my satisfaction. I installed the free WinAero Tweaker app. Under Advanced Settings > Scrollbars, you can change the scrollbar width. Making the scrollbars wider makes the scrollbar handles much more visible. I hated...
  9. Make windows 10 more secure then ever Before

Make windows 10 more secure then ever Before: Ladies and Gentlemen This Is a very Nice Guide to secure your windows 10 I value the information on here , and I had fun with it I pass it on to any one who values security I hop you enjoy it and you find it a good read Enjoy Harden Windows 10 - A Security...
  10. Security: How to Make My PC More Secure?

Security: How to Make My PC More Secure?: I want to make my Windows 10 Pro PC more secure from something like a robbery or where my physical PC is in danger, not from a threat like a hacker or something on the internet who gains access to my PC. As I was using my PC, I just realized that I store so much personal...