Windows 10: Making Windows Notification appear behind a window fullscreen program?

Discus and support Making Windows Notification appear behind a window fullscreen program? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The new Windows notifications appear over my windowed fullscreen games, especially in one game covering up the minimap. Is there a way to make it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by xiiliea, Aug 31, 2015.

1. xiiliea Win User

Making Windows Notification appear behind a window fullscreen program?

The new Windows notifications appear over my windowed fullscreen games, especially in one game covering up the minimap. Is there a way to make it appear under them? It used to work perfect in Windows 8 and earlier, where the speech bubble notification would appear over my non-fullscreen programs, but would be hidden behind windowed fullscreen ones.

:)

xiiliea, Aug 31, 2015
  2. Brianx87 Win User

Taskbar hidden behind windows

I have this issue reoccurring all the time and I find it very annoying especially on an ultrawide monitor.

The taskbar remains hidden behind fullscreen and side snapped windows. The issue appears only a few hours after every fresh install I have made recently. Sometimes its fine and you can see it visible by a few pixels but mostly it remains hidden, upon hitting
    the windows key it will appear but when clicking on the taskbar it then disappears making it pretty useless.

Brianx87, Aug 31, 2015
  3. DIY_glenn Win User
    Update 1607 causes DWM.exe to use 5.5GB of RAM!!

That might be a problem. I'm only seeing this problem in fullscreen. When I exit fullscreen, the memory usage seems to be going down, not quite sure on this. Is this where you want me to run the software?

Strange enough, it seems like if I open the Air app (which is running in fullscreen) then click Esc so it goes to a small window, then double click to make it fullscreen again, the memory leak is not there...

It seems like it only appears when the Adobe Air app starts directly in fullscreen (I don't have the source code, so I can not change that).

Does that make any sense? Has Windows 10 with 1607 got an update regarding fullscreen applications?

DIY_glenn, Aug 31, 2015
  4. bro67 Win User

Just set them to not pop up. I turned off all of my notifications, since I hate the stupid pop-ups. If there is something that needs attention, I just have to look at the notification center to see if it is white. Majority of the notifications are for stupid stuff like (Speed up your computer by disabling features and/or program, etc..).

bro67, Aug 31, 2015
  5. xiiliea Win User
    Well yeh I can do that but I need my Dropbox notifications, for a certain project. Sometimes I'm waiting in desktop for my friend to add a file to it so I can work on it immediately.

xiiliea, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Making Windows Notification appear behind a window fullscreen program? - Similar Threads - Making Notification appear

2. Menu bar appears behind or covered by program preview

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Menu bar appears behind or covered by program preview: I have multiple monitors, sometimes applications get moved to monitors that are not turned on, I used to hover the program on the taskbar and then right click the program preview and then click move and use the arrow keys. Since upgrading to Windows 11 the menu bar appears...
  3. Menu bar appears behind or covered by program preview

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Menu bar appears behind or covered by program preview: I have multiple monitors, sometimes applications get moved to monitors that are not turned on, I used to hover the program on the taskbar and then right click the program preview and then click move and use the arrow keys. Since upgrading to Windows 11 the menu bar appears...
  4. Windows 11 no notifications/banners in fullscreen mode

Windows 11 no notifications/banners in fullscreen mode: After some sort of recent update not sure when it started happening, I do not get notification popups for any app if in a fullscreen game.DND is NOT on.Notifications in question set to high prority.All options for DND including turn on when in fullscreen mode OFF. Game bar...
  5. Windows 11 no notifications/banners in fullscreen mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 no notifications/banners in fullscreen mode: After some sort of recent update not sure when it started happening, I do not get notification popups for any app if in a fullscreen game.DND is NOT on.Notifications in question set to high prority.All options for DND including turn on when in fullscreen mode OFF. Game bar...
  6. Taskbar appearing in fullscreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar appearing in fullscreen: I have tried resetting the Windows explorer in the task manager which didn’t work and then I tried automatically hide the task bar and I hides the task bar even when I’m not in a game so I’m wondering how to hide the task bar when I’m fullscreen...
  7. Taskbar appearing in fullscreen

Taskbar appearing in fullscreen: I have tried resetting the Windows explorer in the task manager which didn’t work and then I tried automatically hide the task bar and I hides the task bar even when I’m not in a game so I’m wondering how to hide the task bar when I’m fullscreen...
  8. Not receiving notifications in fullscreen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Not receiving notifications in fullscreen: Hello there, for the last few months I have not been getting notifications while I have anything in full screen. I currently have Focus Assist turned off and I still hear notification sounds from apps such as Discord but I cannot see the actual notification box in the bottom...
  9. Newly Opened Windows Appear BEHIND Currently Opened Window

in Windows 10 Customization
    Newly Opened Windows Appear BEHIND Currently Opened Window: This just began happening a week or two ago (today is 7-7-2019) from what I can tell. It occurs no matter what kind of window is currently opened nor which kind of window I then open to view. I have to minimize my window and go find the window I've just opened. Would...
  10. Pop-ups are appearing behind parent window

in Windows 10 Support
    Pop-ups are appearing behind parent window: Hi all, Since installing 10, whenever |I open a pop-up window (e.g. right-click, properties dialog, the copy/move/delete progress window etc), they open behind the main parent window. Any ideas how to change this? Thanks TD 14318