Windows 10: Making Word export more functional for Steps Recorder

Discus and support Making Word export more functional for Steps Recorder in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Greetings, I am aware that there is no way to edit Steps Recorder other then exporting it to Word. Would it be possible to make the export more... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by andy28348, Dec 2, 2019.

1. andy28348 Win User

Making Word export more functional for Steps Recorder

Greetings,

I am aware that there is no way to edit Steps Recorder other then exporting it to Word. Would it be possible to make the export more accurate? I find that the images are much too large and takes hours to edit. Would there be an update or patch of some kind to allow the transition much smoother if it's not possible to edit the actual recording .mht file?

:)

andy28348, Dec 2, 2019

2. Edit the Steps recorder document

How can I edit the Steps recorded by the Steps recorder application? Once I finish recording the necessary steps, there are few steps I'd like to delete and few comments that I'd like to edit.

So if I open the saved file in word document and edit it there I need it to,

• automatically update the number of the proceeding steps when I delete one in between.
    • Retain the size of the images and overall page size in the MHTML document. (I've noticed that if I make a single change, the size of image increase more than the screen size and the MHTML document isn't responsive.)

Anwesh Gangula, Dec 2, 2019
  3. weybrew Win User
    weybrew, Dec 2, 2019
  4. Try3 Win User

Steps Recorder there... but not there

Are you trying to use this? - C:\Windows\System32\psr.exe
    [Start menu, Windows accessories, Steps recorder - but often referred to as the Problem steps recorder]

It is supposed to launch a small UI dialog and it should also be shown on the Taskbar but, from your description, this does not happen. Does anything happen at all?

Making Word export more functional for Steps Recorder [​IMG]

Denis

Try3, Dec 2, 2019
Thema:

1. Making Word export more functional for Steps Recorder - Similar Threads - Making Word export

2. What are the fields output by Steps Recorder?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What are the fields output by Steps Recorder?: Hi, I'm using Steps Recorder as a way to log user actions so I can harvest data (programs used, buttons selected, etc.) I'd like to know, are there standard field definitions for Microsoft tools (e.g.: excel, word, …)? Some are obvious, but if there is a file with...
  3. How is the step recorder constructed

in Windows 10 Customization
    How is the step recorder constructed: I need to know how is the step recorder constructed not how it works https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-is-the-step-recorder-constructed/82d34904-e6e0-4618-b7cd-778ce330b973
  4. Problem Steps Recorder Windows 10

Problem Steps Recorder Windows 10: Hi Is there a way that I can extract the screenshots from my PSR file into excel? (without individually snipping each) https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-steps-recorder-windows-10/b712a900-381e-404e-ab34-1d536e77c1e8
  5. Steps Recorder won't open.

Steps Recorder won't open.: I've installed the 1809 update on my Lenovo desktop and it has been working great except the last week or two the Steps Recorder program is not opening. I click the icon and the program. I restart the computer and it won't open. It just will not open....
  6. Windows 10 camera function steps

Windows 10 camera function steps: show the function steps of windows 10 camera https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-10-camera-function-steps/b69809a1-de91-4ec9-9178-2c1649ae3d56
  7. Steps Recorder there... but not there

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Steps Recorder there... but not there: I had been reading about using a screen steps recorder and found that one is built into Windows 10. I found it but despite multiple attempts to use it, launching it does nothing. I found the program files, shortcuts, and .exe files, but using them does not turn on the...
  8. Enable or Disable Steps Recorder in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Steps Recorder in Windows: How to: Enable or Disable Steps Recorder in Windows How to Enable or Disable Steps Recorder in Windows post or send this record to a support professional to help them diagnose the problem. This tutorial will show you how to enable or disable Steps Recorder for all...
  9. Open and Use Steps Recorder in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Open and Use Steps Recorder in Windows: How to: Open and Use Steps Recorder in Windows How to Open and Use Steps Recorder in Windows post or send this record to a support professional to help them diagnose the problem. Steps Recorder doesnt record text that you type (such as a password), except for...
  10. The CLOUD Act is an important step forward, but more steps needed

in Windows 10 News
    The CLOUD Act is an important step forward, but more steps needed: On Feb. 27, we went to the U.S Supreme Court to argue a case that has become known as the “Microsoft warrant case.” As we arrived at court that morning, we thought it was important to repeat a point we’ve been making since we first filed our legal challenge more than four...