Windows 10: Making Word export more functional for Steps Recorder

Discus and support Making Word export more functional for Steps Recorder in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Greetings, I am aware that there is no way to edit Steps Recorder other then exporting it to Word. Would it be possible to make the export more... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by andy28348, Dec 2, 2019.

1. andy28348 Win User

Making Word export more functional for Steps Recorder

Greetings,

I am aware that there is no way to edit Steps Recorder other then exporting it to Word. Would it be possible to make the export more accurate? I find that the images are much too large and takes hours to edit. Would there be an update or patch of some kind to allow the transition much smoother if it's not possible to edit the actual recording .mht file?

:)

andy28348, Dec 2, 2019

2. Edit the Steps recorder document

How can I edit the Steps recorded by the Steps recorder application? Once I finish recording the necessary steps, there are few steps I'd like to delete and few comments that I'd like to edit.

So if I open the saved file in word document and edit it there I need it to,

• automatically update the number of the proceeding steps when I delete one in between.
    • Retain the size of the images and overall page size in the MHTML document. (I've noticed that if I make a single change, the size of image increase more than the screen size and the MHTML document isn't responsive.)

Anwesh Gangula, Dec 2, 2019
  3. weybrew Win User
    weybrew, Dec 2, 2019
  4. Try3 Win User

Steps Recorder there... but not there

Are you trying to use this? - C:\Windows\System32\psr.exe
    [Start menu, Windows accessories, Steps recorder - but often referred to as the Problem steps recorder]

It is supposed to launch a small UI dialog and it should also be shown on the Taskbar but, from your description, this does not happen. Does anything happen at all?

Making Word export more functional for Steps Recorder [​IMG]

Denis

Try3, Dec 2, 2019
Thema:

1. Making Word export more functional for Steps Recorder - Similar Threads - Making Word export

2. Steps recorder is missing steps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Steps recorder is missing steps: Hi I'm trying to use Steps Recorder to record steps so that I can turn them into test cases. However, It only records one step and misses all the others. I have tried changing the default save location but this has no effect. FTR I'm evaluating Desktop Step Recorders so...
  3. Steps Recorder error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Steps Recorder error: Hello, when ever I try to start recording on Steps Recorder, It says: "An error occurred while attemping to start recording and the Steps Recorder will now close." I've been searching online for answers but I found none. Can someone please help me? Have a good day....
  4. Problems Steps Recorder

Problems Steps Recorder: Hello --- I used this tool to document a issue, but I can find out how to change the output format or how to view the results. Any info on how to use this would be appreciated...
  5. how to disable step recorder

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how to disable step recorder: I have windows 10 home version. Is there a way to disable this in the home version. I know it can be disabled in the pro version. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-disable-step-recorder/525a17c6-5492-4812-b998-ab969155e6bd
  6. Exporting issue in word

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Exporting issue in word: can't able to export data kindly pls help. attach file for your reference. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/exporting-issue-in-word/2fb1d61f-8497-492f-88bb-bca58d826b45
  7. Steps Recorder

Steps Recorder: HI All, Is there any option in step Recorder where we setup the record option with Mouse right Click or shortcut key or i like would like to know how can i avoid some screens from being getting recorded. Thanks, Vijay...
  8. STEPS RECORDER

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    STEPS RECORDER: THE STEP RECORDER WORKS FINE MOST OF THE TIME. BUT WHEN I NEED TO SAVE A RECORDING THE MOST IT WILL NOT GIVE ME THAT OPTION AFTER PUSHING STOP RECORDING. IS THE RECORDING CAPTURED SOMEWHERE ESLE ON THE COMPUTER AUTOMATICALLY?...
  9. How is the step recorder constructed

How is the step recorder constructed: I need to know how is the step recorder constructed not how it works https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-is-the-step-recorder-constructed/82d34904-e6e0-4618-b7cd-778ce330b973
  10. Steps Recorder there... but not there

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Steps Recorder there... but not there: I had been reading about using a screen steps recorder and found that one is built into Windows 10. I found it but despite multiple attempts to use it, launching it does nothing. I found the program files, shortcuts, and .exe files, but using them does not turn on the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. using steps recorder export

2. windows 10 steps recorder word

3. save steps recorder file in word document

4. steps recorder export to word