Windows 10: Malfunction of wireless mouse, device driver for keyboard

Discus and support Malfunction of wireless mouse, device driver for keyboard in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; 1. My wireless mouse scrolls up and down in wrong direction even after resetting and disconnecting and reconnecting. The problem persists when I use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Dr. Saurav Ranjan Das, Sep 1, 2020.

1. Malfunction of wireless mouse, device driver for keyboard

1. My wireless mouse scrolls up and down in wrong direction even after resetting and disconnecting and reconnecting. The problem persists when I use the mouse in another PC. I am using windows 10.

2. I am using multimedia keyboard at the ps2 port. Multimedia functions of the keyboard need device driver installation. Is it available?

Will it support?

3. Is it possible to use DMP serial port 80 column printer using usb to serial connector to an windows 10 machine? Is there device driver available?

:)

Dr. Saurav Ranjan Das, Sep 1, 2020
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Wireless mouse "driver is unavailable" issues

Hi,

The error Driver is unavailable means that there is no available driver installed for your mouse that’s why it is not working. We suggest that you check the mouse driver from the device manager. Follow the steps below:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Look for Mice and other pointing devices and click it to expand.
    • Check if there is a driver for the wireless mouse.

If there is none, we suggest that you visit the manufacturer’s website of the mouse and download then install the latest mouse driver compatible to Windows 10.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Anne Ros, Sep 1, 2020
  3. Microsoft Wireless 2000 keyboard and mouse

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Community.

We understand your concern and we will assist you to resolve the issue.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

1. What other troubleshooting steps have you performed to resolve the issue?

2. Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers in question?

I would suggest that you try the methods that are stated below and check if your problem rectifies.

Method 1: Hardware and Device.

Run the hardware and device troubleshooter to check if there are any errors that might cause driver malfunction.

• On the search bar and type “Troubleshooting
    • Click on troubleshooting, then click on “Hardware and sound”.
    • Under Hardware and sound, click on “hardware and devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.

Method 2: Un-install and Re-install drivers.

• Right click on the Start Menu and select Device Manager
    • Open Device Manager, double click and expand Keyboard and
      Mouse respectively
    • Right-click the device, and click Uninstall.
    • Windows will prompt you to confirm the device’s removal. Click
      OK
      to remove the driver.
    • After the uninstallation is complete, reboot your computer.
    Once done, click on the link below to download and install the latest drivers for the devices. Install according to the architecture of the OS, ie, 32 or 64 bit.

Keyboard and Mouse (32 Bit).

https://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/d/wireless-mouse-2000

https://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-in/d/wireless-keyboard-2000

Keyboard and Mouse (64 Bit).

https://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/d/wireless-mouse-2000

https://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-in/d/wireless-keyboard-2000

Hope this information helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Sep 1, 2020
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Malfunction of wireless mouse, device driver for keyboard

Logitech Wireless Mouse

Hi Ken,

Not working wireless mouse could be due to the following:

• Outdated device driver
    • No device driver installed
    • Faulty wireless mouse receiver

We would like to know some information to better isolate the issue:

• Have you done any changes (like updating your Windows) on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Have you tried using using your wireless mouse on other computer and checked if the issue persists?
    • Have you tried updating your wireless mouse driver?

For initial troubleshooting steps, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how to run Windows troubleshooter:

• Type troubleshoot in the search box and press Enter.
    • Select Hardware and Devices, then click
      Run the troubleshooter

If the troubleshooter didn't work, you can check this
    article
    about updating your wireless mouse driver.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Remon Ont, Sep 1, 2020
Thema:

Malfunction of wireless mouse, device driver for keyboard

1. Malfunction of wireless mouse, device driver for keyboard - Similar Threads - Malfunction wireless mouse

2. mouse and keyboard malfunctions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mouse and keyboard malfunctions: my pc suddenly opens "how to get help in windows" in my browser every time i click my mouse or press a button in my keyboard. and when i type something in the address bar it suddenly transfer to the tab that has been opened automatically with same "get some help browser". i...
  3. mouse and keyboard malfunctions

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    mouse and keyboard malfunctions: my pc suddenly opens "how to get help in windows" in my browser every time i click my mouse or press a button in my keyboard. and when i type something in the address bar it suddenly transfer to the tab that has been opened automatically with same "get some help browser". i...
  4. drivers on a wireless keyboard and mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    drivers on a wireless keyboard and mouse: can you update the drivers on a wireless keyboard and mouse and slow down the wheel https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drivers-on-a-wireless-keyboard-and-mouse/3f4f0f8c-d5ad-4e6f-a952-6625ae63bc5c
  5. drivers on a wireless keyboard and mouse

drivers on a wireless keyboard and mouse: can you update the drivers on a wireless keyboard and mouse and slow down the wheel https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drivers-on-a-wireless-keyboard-and-mouse/3f4f0f8c-d5ad-4e6f-a952-6625ae63bc5c
  6. Mouse and Keyboard malfunction

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse and Keyboard malfunction: My mouse and keyboard are not responding sometimes for a while sometimes not at all. Additionally my left mouse button acts as the right one sometimes then it goes back to normal. The mouse sensitivity changes randomly, it happened also when refreshing my desktop. My browser...
  7. Mouse and Keyboard malfunction

Mouse and Keyboard malfunction: My mouse and keyboard are not responding sometimes for a while sometimes not at all. Additionally my left mouse button acts as the right one sometimes then it goes back to normal. The mouse sensitivity changes randomly, it happened also when refreshing my desktop. My browser...
  8. Mouse and Keyboard malfunction

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Keyboard and Mouse Malfunction

Keyboard and Mouse Malfunction: I own a Dell 5500 Series laptop and I have Windows 10 operating system. Recently I bought a Dell wireless keyboard and mouse and after a month of using it I started to face keyboard and mouse Malfunctioning issue. These are few things that I have been facing for some time...
  10. DONGLE for Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Malfunction

DONGLE for Wireless Keyboard and Mouse Malfunction: This is my 2nd Purchase and both did the same error. This item is not even 2 months old, and this was purchased by our Procurement Department. I keep getting an notification that the USB cannot recognize due to malfunction. Please Help Me!...