Windows 10: Malfunction USB ports and BSOD (when restarting), after closing laptop lid

Discus and support Malfunction USB ports and BSOD (when restarting), after closing laptop lid in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Sometimes, when reopening my laptop lid after closing it, I find that my USB ports are not working (unplugging and replugging my USB devices does not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by OhItWorks, Aug 13, 2019.

1. OhItWorks Win User

Malfunction USB ports and BSOD (when restarting), after closing laptop lid

Sometimes, when reopening my laptop lid after closing it, I find that my USB ports are not working (unplugging and replugging my USB devices does not fix it). I proceed to restart my laptop, and will end up being stuck at the "blue restart screen" for a very long time, or at the "BSOD screen" without restarting, which ultimately forces me to hard-shutdown my laptop by long-pressing on the Power button

I have tried configuring some settings, but only to no avail.

Below are some the info that I have uploaded.

In Event Viewer,

• Source: Kernal-Power
    • Event: 41
    • General description: The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly
    BugcheckCode 159
    BugcheckParameter1 0x4
    BugcheckParameter2 0x12c
    BugcheckParameter3 0xffff818862f8f040
    BugcheckParameter4 0xfffff8055fbfc7e0

Mini-Dump Files:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1LSsDyHrftGCL_ZyCbo0ORGil2S-RwxP2

Laptop Info:

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home

Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362

Other OS Description Not Available

OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation

System Name PALADIN07

System Manufacturer LENOVO

System Model 20H5CTO1WW

System Type x64-based PC

System SKU LENOVO_MT_20H5_BU_Think_FM_ThinkPad E570

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7500U CPU @ 2.70GHz, 2901 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

BIOS Version/Date LENOVO R0DET96W (1.96 ), 20-Sep-18

SMBIOS Version 3.0

Embedded Controller Version 1.96

BIOS Mode UEFI

BaseBoard Manufacturer LENOVO

BaseBoard Product 20H5CTO1WW

BaseBoard Version SDK0J40709 WIN

Platform Role Mobile

Secure Boot State Off

PCR7 Configuration Elevation Required to View

Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS

System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32

Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1

Locale United Kingdom

Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.18362.267"

User Name PALADIN07\Aaron

Time Zone Malay Peninsula Standard Time

Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB

Total Physical Memory 15.9 GB

Available Physical Memory 7.89 GB

Total Virtual Memory 18.8 GB

Available Virtual Memory 8.73 GB

Page File Space 2.88 GB

Page File C:\pagefile.sys

Kernel DMA Protection Off

Virtualization-based security Not enabled

Device Encryption Support Elevation Required to View

Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes

Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions Yes

Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware No

Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes

:)

OhItWorks, Aug 13, 2019
  2. Ruz San Win User

Laptop restarts after closing the lid

Hi,

It appears that your laptop hibernates when you close its lid. This feature terminates running processes on your machine since it allows the system to use very little power. If
    Do nothing is already selected for Choose what closing the lid does
    in Power Options, let's try to make hibernation unavailable. Follow these steps:

• Right-click on the Windows icon on your home screen.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Click Yes if you get a prompt window.
    • Type powercfg.exe /hibernate off then press Enter.
    See if this will prevent the laptop from hibernating when you close the lid.

Let us know how it turns out.

Ruz San, Aug 13, 2019
  3. rmoreau Win User
    How to force shutdown on laptop lid close ?

Hi,
    I want to force a shutdown when the user close the laptop lid even if MSWord is open and the document was not saved.
    Any suggestion ?

Regards

rmoreau, Aug 13, 2019
  4. mewmew Win User

USB Malfunction

I have Windows 7 64 bit on my ASUS laptop and am having problems with the USB for my ddr mat.

USB headset, mouse, keyboard all work. The DDR mat driver installs and works on other computers and laptops but on my laptop it gives me a driver not found, USB has malfunctioned/damaged. I have tried it in all of the different USB ports on the laptop, nothing works.

Any ideas?

mewmew, Aug 13, 2019
Thema:

1. Malfunction USB ports and BSOD (when restarting), after closing laptop lid - Similar Threads - Malfunction USB ports

2. Bsod when closing and opening laptop lid

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bsod when closing and opening laptop lid: I'm running Windows 10 version 21H2, and every time I close the laptop lid, when I open it I get a BSOD which says your windows insider build ran into a problem with the error IRQL_LESS_THAN_NOT_EQAL and application failed is amdkmpfd.sys When the pc automatically restarts i...
  3. Bsod when closing and opening laptop lid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bsod when closing and opening laptop lid: I'm running Windows 10 version 21H2, and every time I close the laptop lid, when I open it I get a BSOD which says your windows insider build ran into a problem with the error IRQL_LESS_THAN_NOT_EQAL and application failed is amdkmpfd.sys When the pc automatically restarts i...
  4. Bsod when closing and opening laptop lid

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Computer restarts when lid is Closed

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer restarts when lid is Closed: Hello, I have an Asus ROG G750JM and the laptop has started to restart every time i close the lid. When i put the lid backup, it is booting up and anything i was doing on Windows Browsers, games,etc is lost. I checked all my power settings and they have not changed. Fully...
  6. BSOD when closing laptop lid

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD when closing laptop lid: I'm running Windows 10 version 20H2, and every time I close the laptop lid, when I open it I get a BSOD with the error IRQL_LESS_THAN_NOT_EQAL. Looking in event viewer, TPM driver has consistently failed with Event IDs 15 & 27, and then seconds later there a several...
  7. Laptop Keeps Restarting When Closing the Lid

Laptop Keeps Restarting When Closing the Lid: Hello, Sometimes when I close my laptop lid and leave the PC for sometime 3 hours plus I come back to my machine to find that it has reset itself. As a result of this all of my programmes and files that I had open when I left the device have been closed. I have spent hour...
  8. Close lid functions malfunction

Close lid functions malfunction: I have a HP 2018 Elitebook 840 G1 14 inch and I've tired multiple times to set up the close lid function so i can close the lid and still have my windows open on another screen. But no matter what i do or change it still goes straight to shut down after i close it. How can...
  9. Laptop restarts automatically after closing Lid

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop restarts automatically after closing Lid: Hello, I close the lid of the laptop, and then when opening the lid after a few hours, the laptop has restarted automatically because of which I lose my work. This has happened 3-4 times before too. Can anyone please tell me what may be the reason behind this? And any...
  10. when to close the lid of laptop after shutdown

when to close the lid of laptop after shutdown: hello when i shutdown my laptop it the screen become dark after 6 secs (approx) but the two led lights at the right corner of keyboard still blinks for 15 secs(approx) so shall i wait for the ligjt to stop blinking or shall i just close the lid pannel after screens goes...