Windows 10: malfunctioning of laptop keyboard

Discus and support malfunctioning of laptop keyboard in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After installing drivers in my Compaq cq58, some keys on the keyboard are not responding. I tried uninstalling the new driver, the problem worsens.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GeraldMlambo, Nov 1, 2019.

1. malfunctioning of laptop keyboard

After installing drivers in my Compaq cq58, some keys on the keyboard are not responding. I tried uninstalling the new driver, the problem worsens. What could be the possible reason and solution to this.

:)

GeraldMlambo, Nov 1, 2019
  2. Jelo Sen Win User

Keyboard Malfunction

We appreciate the information you provided. This issue might be caused by a mismatched driver for your keyboard or pointing device. We suggest to Roll Back the driver by following the below steps:

• Press Windows Key + X, and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Keyboards category, right-click the keyboard device, and select
      Properties.
    • Under the Driver tab, click Roll Back Driver. This will restore your old driver.
    • Restart your PC.
    If you don’t want to roll back the driver you can try disabling the pointing device by:

• Right side of task bar
    • Click the pointing device symbol (looks like a laptop mouse)
    • Right click
    • Then click on Disable
    Note: You might need to do it every time you power your device.

Should you have further questions please let us know.

Jelo Sen, Nov 1, 2019
  3. Specific Keyboard Keys Malfunctioning

My keyboard keys have recently been malfunctioning. Sometimes, the keys do not register at all, and sometimes, it as to be pressed and held with force to register. Only a few select keys are effected, namely the: right arrow key, \, e, g, h, and 8 and 9 on the numerical keypad.

The keyboard was the factory keyboard included with my Asus X751LD laptop.

This started after I used a Java application. It is very unlikely to be a hardware issue, as the laptop was never moved or subjected to drops. Another possible factor is I have used Autosofted Keyboard Presser.

The keys function, although with lag, after startup, but stop working within a few seconds.

I have tried the following to no avail:

• Restarting
    • Restarting in Safe Mode
    • Updating keyboard drivers in Device Manager
    • Updating Java

These sites did not help:

Does anyone know how to fix this?

(Was a pain typing this, makes me understand just how much I use the e key)

Edit:

I tested the keyboard with a Linux live CD. First time I booted, the keys will not registrar in a notepad app unless I repetitively press them around 20 times. I rebooted into Linux again, this time the keyboard worked OK, but missed keystrokes occasionally. In both situations it was the same keys as described above that were malfunctioning.

After rebooting into Windows, the keyboard functioned like the 2nd situation above (occasional missed strokes) for around 5min. Then no amount of pressing on the malfunctioning keys could make it register.

George Tian, Nov 1, 2019
  4. malfunctioning of laptop keyboard

keyboard malfunction

hi. I have a problem with my laptop. all of the keys in the keyboard are malfunctioning. its so sudden. I used this a week ago, and everything seemed fine. but now i'm only using on-screen keyboard. pls help.

jannethdegracia, Nov 1, 2019
Thema:

malfunctioning of laptop keyboard

1. malfunctioning of laptop keyboard - Similar Threads - malfunctioning laptop keyboard

2. Laptop Keyboard Malfunctioning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop Keyboard Malfunctioning: My laptop keyboard Top row not working.1. Esc, not working2. The volume: up or down3. The backlit..stays on4. the screen brighten or dimmer. not workingI updated driver: reinstalled driver, restarted computer. Reinstalled win 10, Installed new Keyboard. These individual keys...
  3. Laptop Keyboard Malfunctioning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop Keyboard Malfunctioning: My laptop keyboard Top row not working.1. Esc, not working2. The volume: up or down3. The backlit..stays on4. the screen brighten or dimmer. not workingI updated driver: reinstalled driver, restarted computer. Reinstalled win 10, Installed new Keyboard. These individual keys...
  4. Laptop Keyboard Malfunctioning

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. keyboard malfunction

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keyboard malfunction: I bought a Lenovo v14-ikb type-81ya windows 10 home os , it's been not over a year that the keyboard started to malfunction , I have updated all the drivers yet in vain some keys like n,h,m,y,u6,7 doesn't work at once but when tapped multiple times it registers the keys and...
  6. keyboard malfunction

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    keyboard malfunction: I bought a Lenovo v14-ikb type-81ya windows 10 home os , it's been not over a year that the keyboard started to malfunction , I have updated all the drivers yet in vain some keys like n,h,m,y,u6,7 doesn't work at once but when tapped multiple times it registers the keys and...
  7. Keyboard malfunction

Keyboard malfunction: When pressing the windows key the computer suddenly shutdown, onscreen keyboard works, how can I the keyboard to its original function?Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-malfunction/625080ec-1b8e-4f45-b753-ceac079b631e
  8. KEYBOARD MALFUNCTION ON LAPTOP

KEYBOARD MALFUNCTION ON LAPTOP: Hi Please help. My "ESC", "2", "F1", "F2" do not work. However, it works if I press it simultaneously with another key. For example, pressing "1" and "2" at the same will actually produce "12". But when pressing just "2", nothing will happen. Note: I've tried:1. uninstalling>...
  9. Keyboard malfunctioning

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard malfunctioning: some keys are not working, but the troubleshooter says normal. tried auto driver update for keyboard, but says driver is already updated to latest one. I have tried connecting external keyboard but those same keys weren't working; so the problem lies inside! now typing on...
  10. Dell laptop keyboard malfunctions

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Dell laptop keyboard malfunctions: Sometimes but not always, when I try to log on to admin account, the password is not accepted. I have gotten it to work after entering it 5 times - I was told maybe keyboard is sick but it works for my standard account log on so don't think it is. System only 5 months old....