Windows 10: Malfunctioning of touch pad and keyboard

Discus and support Malfunctioning of touch pad and keyboard in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have Lenovo G40-70, winfdows 10 Recently I have been observing a strange behavior. The delete button doesn't work when I press it, but at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AvnishThakkar, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Malfunctioning of touch pad and keyboard

Hello,

I have Lenovo G40-70, winfdows 10 Recently I have been observing a strange behavior. The delete button doesn't work when I press it, but at randomly. Then it doesn't stop deleting the text until it deletes everything in the text box.

Initially thought hardware button issue. However, another strange thing which happens simultaneously is synaptic touch pad also stops working. Let me tell you another observation, as soon as I press tab things go back to normal. So it seems the freezing of touch pad and malfunction happens in the text box.

While booting also sometimes it stuck at Lenovo symbol but if unfreezes with pressing TAB button.

Already tried updating drivers.

Can some link the dots to help me?

:)

AvnishThakkar, Sep 3, 2019

2. Wake from Sleep with Touch Pad and Keyboard

My laptop is an ASUS X55LA. I have attached both photos and yes, I was referring to the device manager. BTW there is no 'Power Management' settings in my BIOS.

Malfunctioning of touch pad and keyboard [​IMG]

Malfunctioning of touch pad and keyboard [​IMG]

SamTheGr8est, Sep 3, 2019
  3. Amit KV Win User
    Keyboard and touch pad issue

I have HP x360 laptop with Windows 10 on it. The problem is my keyboard and touch pad only works in BIOS mode but not when Windows get loaded. I have tried installing different OS too (Windows 7, Windows 8) but the problem still persists. During hardware
    tests, the keyboard and touch pad tests show successful which suggests it's not an hardware issue. I have tried updating keyboard and touch pad drivers, even updated BIOS version. If anyone has the solution, kindly help me out.

Amit KV, Sep 3, 2019
  4. Pawan1709 Win User

Malfunctioning of touch pad and keyboard

touch pad

Hi Gary,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

The touch pad can be disabled by you on the Control Panel of your computer.

Refer the steps below to disable the touchpad on your computer.

• Right click on Start, and then click
      Control Panel.

• Click Hardware and Sound.

• Click Keyboard.

• In the Mouse Properties
      window:

• Click the Device Select tab to disable the touch pad.

• Click the Touch Pad tab to adjust touch pad settings.

• Click OK to save the settings and restart the system and check.

Try updating the Touchpad drivers from the
    manufacturer's website
    and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the drivers:

a. Press Windows key + X key and click
    Device Manager.

b. Expand the Touchpad tab.

c. Right-click and click on Update driver software.

d. Restart the computer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan1709, Sep 3, 2019
Thema:

Malfunctioning of touch pad and keyboard

1. Malfunctioning of touch pad and keyboard - Similar Threads - Malfunctioning touch pad

2. Keyboard, touch pad and onscreen keyboard stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard, touch pad and onscreen keyboard stopped working: My hp pavilion 360 convertible keyboard stopped working. I uninstalled and reinstalled windows 10, then the touchpad and onscreen keyboard stopped working too. I cannot type at all. Help!!!...
  3. My keyboard suddenly freezes and press / and my touch pad malfunctioning and the UI...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My keyboard suddenly freezes and press / and my touch pad malfunctioning and the UI...: I was recently handed down a 5 year old laptop with fresh new installed os and SSD. after 5 months, my ui suddenly black out for a second and freeze then after restarting it, my keyboard suddenly freezes and continuously type / without my control disabling the keyboard and...
  4. My keyboard suddenly freezes and press / and my touch pad malfunctioning and the UI...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My keyboard suddenly freezes and press / and my touch pad malfunctioning and the UI...: I was recently handed down a 5 year old laptop with fresh new installed os and SSD. after 5 months, my ui suddenly black out for a second and freeze then after restarting it, my keyboard suddenly freezes and continuously type / without my control disabling the keyboard and...
  5. My keyboard suddenly freezes and press / and my touch pad malfunctioning and the UI...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. keyboard and touch pad quit working

keyboard and touch pad quit working: I have an HP laptop and cannot use my laptop keyboard or touchpad. I have an external keyboard and mouse that I am currently using to type this. I did an HP diagnostics and spoke to an agent. they say it is a microsoft 10 problem. How do I fix this?...
  7. touch pad

touch pad: .Hello, I have an Dell Inspiron 5558 and I was trying to find a setting that would disable the touch pad when I had a USB mouse plugged in, I know I can disable it in Device manager but when the computer restarts it is enabled again even though the Device Manager says it is...
  8. Keyboard and Touch pad don't work

Keyboard and Touch pad don't work: I factory reset my laptop a couple of weeks ago. When I did, it updated my Windows 10 to a more current version. After this update I have been unable to use my keyboard and touchpad. When I go into the bios both still work, but once Windows boots they don't work again. I have...
  9. laptop keyboard and touch pad is not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    laptop keyboard and touch pad is not working: After reinstalling windows 10,my laptop's keyboard and touch pad doesn't works after 2 or 3 days. But actually turns off by itself. We have done everything but all insane.Please help me!...
  10. Keyboard and touch pad issue

Keyboard and touch pad issue: I have HP x360 laptop with Windows 10 on it. The problem is my keyboard and touch pad only works in BIOS mode but not when Windows get loaded. I have tried installing different OS too (Windows 7, Windows 8) but the problem still persists. During hardware tests, the keyboard...