Windows 10: Malfunctioning play/pause media key

Discus and support Malfunctioning play/pause media key in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Alright I've had this issue for several weeks now and still haven't managed to figure out the issue so I'll just kind of list things in chronological... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RaymanUpthegrove, Nov 17, 2020.

1. Malfunctioning play/pause media key

Alright I've had this issue for several weeks now and still haven't managed to figure out the issue so I'll just kind of list things in chronological order

• Before the newer update, my internal keyboard broke due to liquid being spilled on it, and as I can't afford to have it replaced, I bought an external keyboard. I wanted to disable my internal keyboard as it was broken but that wasn't an option so instead, I replaced the driver with an incompatable one. Everything worked fine.
    • At some point the pause/play button which on my internal keyboard was f10 broke off completely including the little rubber button part of it meaning it now doesn't get any input.
    • Then the new update happened making that hack of replacing the driver impossible as it would reinstall/fix itself each time and you can't change it without restarting even as a temporary fix.
    • At this time my computer became very buggy but the main issue was now if I play any media at all music, videos, etc. the play/pause key repeatedly is pressed and thus I can't properly listen/watch anything. I managed to disable this key's affecting my browsers but that's where my success has ended.
    • I've tried every trick in the book to disable or reroute that key specifically in hopes that would work but it hasn't stopped the issue or even succeeded in disabling the correct key
    • I've also tested this while my external keyboard is unplugged and the problem persists so it's definitely something having to do with my internal keyboard.

Does anyone have any idea what the issue is and how to actually fix it? If there's a way to just disable media keys pause/play, skip, etc. from working entirely with any apps or programs that would solve the problem it seems like but I have no idea how to do that. Forums I've painstakingly combed through have said there should be a check box to disable media keys under control panel and hardware/keyboard but i've scoured through any and all keyboard settings and found nothing like that.

:)

RaymanUpthegrove, Nov 17, 2020
  2. ShilinS I Win User

Media auto play and pause

Hi

while playing audio /video in builtin groove music or 3rd party vlc player I am facing issue that media randomly play and pause contentiously . I confirmed there is no keyboard input by opening word(so no key pressed).

ShilinS I, Nov 17, 2020
  3. Volume is increasing when media is paused and then played !

When I pause and then play media in applications , be it VLC player , Windows Media Player or any other , the volume increases automatically ! HELP PLEASE ! It is really frustrating adjusting volume very time I pause and play.

aatificial, Nov 17, 2020
  4. Hao S Win User

Malfunctioning play/pause media key

Disable the media playback (play pause menu) when adjusting volume (via f7 f8 keys)

Let us disable the media playback (play pause menu) when adjusting volume (via f7 f8 keys) (for films and TV).

Hao S, Nov 17, 2020
Thema:

Malfunctioning play/pause media key

1. Malfunctioning play/pause media key - Similar Threads - Malfunctioning play pause

2. Audio playback malfunctions after frequent pause/play action

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio playback malfunctions after frequent pause/play action: I transcribe research interviews. This requires frequent pausing, rewinding, and playing. This process runs smoothly until eventually windows media player also legacy version or Express Scribe simply stop playing the audio for the same reason. This has occured on my Microsoft...
  3. Play/Pause Media button not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Play/Pause Media button not working: For some reason my play/pause media button on my keyboard doesn't work right, when I press it the music rapidly pauses and then un-pauses, so fast that you cant even tell that I tried to pause it. Both the Skip and Rewind media buttons work fine, but the Play/Pause button...
  4. Play/Pause and stop media keys not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Play/Pause and stop media keys not working: Hi everyone,So I've got a weird problem, and I haven't found anyone else with the same issue.For some reason the play/pause and stop media keys on my keyboard K55 aren't working. If I test it on keyboardchecker.com it says MediaPlayPause and MediaStop, so the keys itself do...
  5. Play/Pause and stop media keys not working

Play/Pause and stop media keys not working: Hi everyone,So I've got a weird problem, and I haven't found anyone else with the same issue.For some reason the play/pause and stop media keys on my keyboard K55 aren't working. If I test it on keyboardchecker.com it says MediaPlayPause and MediaStop, so the keys itself do...
  6. Pause Media Key not being recognized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pause Media Key not being recognized: My Play/Pause key is not working, it's behavior is really weird. It works and then randomly stops working. And that won't change. Skip or Volume Up/Down are working fine though.The only "fix" that temporary helped was booting in safe mode and then back to normal mode. But...
  7. Pause Media Key not being recognized

Pause Media Key not being recognized: My Play/Pause key is not working, it's behavior is really weird. It works and then randomly stops working. And that won't change. Skip or Volume Up/Down are working fine though.The only "fix" that temporary helped was booting in safe mode and then back to normal mode. But...
  8. Media playback pauses and plays rapidly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Media playback pauses and plays rapidly: Hi, I'm using my HP Laptop 15-da0xxx and any time I use any kind of media playback, it rapidly begins pausing and unpausing, as if the space bar were being held down continuously. If I press the space bar or f10, it stops momentarily, only to begin again after a few...
  9. Windows key works as a media play/pause button

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows key works as a media play/pause button: After reinstalling windows 10 Home to my laptop i have faced this error. Whenever i push the windows button it works as play/pause button. I have tried sfc /scannow and got no corrupt files on my computer. ps. I also tried pushing the button in Tails OS but i got the same...
  10. Media auto play and pause

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Media auto play and pause: Hi while playing audio /video in builtin groove music or 3rd party vlc player I am facing issue that media randomly play and pause contentiously . I confirmed there is no keyboard input by opening wordso no key pressed....