Windows 10: Malfunctioning system use of Xbox Wireless Adaptor

Discus and support Malfunctioning system use of Xbox Wireless Adaptor in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Recently my two Xbox Wireless Adaptor(s) have been demonstarting the following behaviour: Xbox Wireless Adaptor is presented to be functioning... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DrCrazyMii, Jun 18, 2019.

1. Malfunctioning system use of Xbox Wireless Adaptor

Recently my two Xbox Wireless Adaptor(s) have been demonstarting the following behaviour:

• Xbox Wireless Adaptor is presented to be functioning properly in both the system settings and device manager.
    • Trying to reconnect or pair controllers will lead to the devices flashing to indicate an attempt to pair.
    • Not a single Xbox One controller is recognized or paired.
    • Using the system settings to view the controllers to pair will show nearby connectable devices other than the Xbox Controllers.

All of the above symptoms are limited to my PC, and are not reproduced on other systems using the identical adaptors and controllers.

This applies to both of my adaptors; the original and the newer smaller variant.

I've tried to fix the issue with the following troubleshooting methods to no avail:

• Removing the device(s) from the systems settings menu.
    • Uninstalling the device(s) from device manager (and it's associated software).
    • Uninstalling all traces of the Xbox One controllers from device manager.
    • A combination of the above with manually installing drivers.
    • A combination of the above with restarting my computer.

The nuclear option of wiping my computer is totally out of the question, as I have only recently finished restoring over 2TB of data to my computer that would take me over a couple weeks to re-restore.

I'm not willing to blame a Windows/driver update or clashing software as this had occured simply after disconnecting my Xbox One controllers for a couple seconds, with the symptoms persisting after several days and Windows updates.
    I'm currently on the latest version of Windows being offered to me (1903), with the issue being present before this major update.

Does anyone have any idea how I would be able to restore this to a functional state?

:)

DrCrazyMii, Jun 18, 2019
  2. qualitie Win User

Wireless adaptor not working?

This is the basic desktop specs I have

Dell Inspiron 660 Desktop 3rd gen Quad Core i5-3340 3.1Ghz 12G

It looks like I may have bad wireless adaptor card even though the windows diagnostics show it is fine. It is able to detect one of my routers (have 2 in the house) but is unable to connect. Had reset router multiple times and other computers in the house are able to pick up and connect fine. What are the steps/tests I should undertake to confirm the wireless adaptor card is the problem. Can I replace it myself, am ok with basic troubleshooting. Will be glad to provide more information. Please advice.

qualitie, Jun 18, 2019
  3. Severe 5Ghz WiFi interference from Xbox Wireless Adaptor for Windows

Hi,

The Xbox Wireless Adapter is not properly detected by your computer is one of the reasons why you're having an interference connection. To help you resolve this concern, we recommend that you follow the steps below:

Step 1: Remove the Xbox Wireless adapter on your computer. Then, perform a clean boot on your device. To do this, you may refer to the link below:

click here

Step 2: Plug in the Xbox Wireless adapter and check if the issue persists.

For additional troubleshooting steps, you may visit the link below:

Troubleshoot the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows

Kindly update us with the results.

Wilfred Mac, Jun 18, 2019
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Malfunctioning system use of Xbox Wireless Adaptor

Xbox Controller is not connecting to Wireless Adapter

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate your time and patience to work on this issue. To have a better clarity on the issue please reply to the following questions:

• Are you using an Xbox one controller?

If you are using an Xbox one controller, I suggest you to refer the steps in the article

How to connect an Xbox One Wireless Controller to a Windows PC
    and see if that helps in resolving the issue.

I would also suggest you to uninstall all the hidden devices under USB hive and check if you are able to connect the wireless adapter. Please follow the steps mentioned below to uninstall the hidden drivers:

1. Press and hold the Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    2. Select Device manager.
    3. Click View tab.
    4. Select Show hidden devices.
    5. Expand Universal Serial Bus and remove all the greyed out devices. To remove the greyed out devices, right click on the device and select
      uninstall.
    6. Restart your computer.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 18, 2019
Thema:

Malfunctioning system use of Xbox Wireless Adaptor

1. Malfunctioning system use of Xbox Wireless Adaptor - Similar Threads - Malfunctioning system Xbox

2. Xbox wireless adaptor APPCRASH dwm.exe fault module gameinput.dll

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox wireless adaptor APPCRASH dwm.exe fault module gameinput.dll: I use a xbox series x controller Not the elite connected to my pc via a xbox wireless adaptor. When I am done playing a game, I quit the game and return back to the desktop and then turn of the xbox controller, I get a error in reliability monitor telling me APPCRASH dwm.exe...
  3. Xbox controller adaptor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox controller adaptor: I know the new generation of Xbox controller adaptor can only be used at win10, but as I updated my system to win11 it cannot be detected anymore. I cannot automatically download the driver. Can you help me with that?Thank you....
  4. Xbox Wireless Adaptor Issues

Xbox Wireless Adaptor Issues: Hello, Really struggling this Christmas morning to get my gift to work. My Wireless Adaptor shows no signs of life no light on the USB. I am plugging it in to my PC through the extension? USB strip that came along with the controller. One thing to note is that this worked...
  5. Xbox Controller Wireless Adaptor Driver not found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Controller Wireless Adaptor Driver not found: I would like to preface this by saying that I am familiar with technology I'm an engineer and I have tried everything in my arsenal to solve the problem but have failed. I own a Microsoft Wireless Adaptor for my Xbox one controller. I am able to use it on my laptop but not...
  6. Xbox controller with wireless adaptor - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Xbox controller with wireless adaptor - Windows 10: I've just bought the Xbox controller/ wireless adaptor combo, works wired however when connecting the wireless adapter it states "XBOX ACC" with the driver being unavailable; anyone found a workaround? TIA. submitted by /u/ThrilIhaus [link] [comments]...
  7. Xbox wireless USB adaptor ACC

Xbox wireless USB adaptor ACC: I purchased a xbox wireless controller + USB adaptor for windows 10 last year. I just went to use it and it doesn't auto install when it suppose to. That is embarrassing when it's a Microsoft product and does not work on windows. It shows up as xbox acc in device manager. I...
  8. XBOX wireless adaptor not working anymore

XBOX wireless adaptor not working anymore: i have 2 xbox wireless adaptors that were both working for my 2 wireless controllers but hasnt been working the last 2 weeks. it doesnt come up on device manager and the adaptors dont even light up anymore even when i press button on the device...
  9. Xbox One Wireless Adaptor For Windows

Xbox One Wireless Adaptor For Windows: I have connected in the above adaptor since reinstalling the latest version of windows and the PC is failing to recognise the device as being plugged in. It isn't appearing in device manager and no new device notification plays when it is connected. I have tried it in...
  10. Wireless adaptor not working?

Wireless adaptor not working?: This is the basic desktop specs I have Dell Inspiron 660 Desktop 3rd gen Quad Core i5-3340 3.1Ghz 12G It looks like I may have bad wireless adaptor card even though the windows diagnostics show it is fine. It is able to detect one of my routers (have 2 in the house)...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why does my xbox wireless adaptor keep malfunctioning

2. xbox wireless adapter malfunction