Windows 10: malicious browser extension activity 4

Discus and support malicious browser extension activity 4 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I've started getting alerts from Norton for "malicious browser extension activity 4" from a website called 403 Forbidden. No idea why they've just... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Kashegan, Oct 30, 2020.

1. Kashegan Win User

malicious browser extension activity 4

I've started getting alerts from Norton for "malicious browser extension activity 4" from a website called 403 Forbidden. No idea why they've just started coming, but Norton requires a shutdown to 'repair' the issue. I can't find the website and have no idea what is causing this. can anyone help, please?

:)

Kashegan, Oct 30, 2020
  2. OneMoar Win User

TPU 's useful browser extensions

Post your browser and any useful extensions
    there is my current daily browser load-out

Browser Chrome
    Extensions
    • Chrono Download manager
    https://chrome.google.com/webstore/...anager/mciiogijehkdemklbdcbfkefimifhecn?hl=en

• Practical start-page
    Practical Startpage

• ublock Origin
    uBlock Origin

• tampermonkey script manager
    Tampermonkey
    • TamperMonkey Scripts
    youtube control center dev​YePpHa/YouTubeCenter
    anti-adblock killer​reek/anti-adblock-killer

OneMoar, Oct 30, 2020
  3. malicious web browser extension (Image Hover Zoom)

How can I rid my PC from this adware Russian pop up adware and malicious web browser extension (Image Hover Zoom)

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

WardMaxson, Oct 30, 2020
  4. malicious browser extension activity 4

malicious web browser extension (Image Hover Zoom)

Hi Ward,

To help us identify the cause of the issue and then find the proper resolution for it, please provide us the following information:

• Which browser are you using?
    • Have you tried using other browsers? Are you experiencing the same issue?
    • Have you tried resetting your browser settings?
    • Have you tried scanning your PC for viruses or other malicious software using Windows Defender?

We hope to hear from you soon.

Aileen Alf, Oct 30, 2020
Thema:

malicious browser extension activity 4

1. malicious browser extension activity 4 - Similar Threads - malicious browser extension

2. Potential malicious activity

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Potential malicious activity: Hello All,First post on here, thanks in advance for your help.I have identified some activity on my PC which I am suspicious of. It came to my attention when a pop up window started showing up and replicating itself every few minutes, first image below. In short it is telling...
  3. wSpeedAsk Browser Extension - Malware

wSpeedAsk Browser Extension - Malware: Split from this thread.Hi,I am going through the same problem as you guys.There is an extension named 'wSpeedAsk' and it reinstalls itself even after getting removed from all the browsers edge, brave, chrome.It is loaded from 'C:\ProgramData\Cljnhuz' and this folder too comes...
  4. Question converning browser extensions ...

in Browsers and Email
    Question converning browser extensions ...: I was thinking of adding some extensions to my browser. I concern is that most, if not all, of the extensions want persmissions to access webpages visited, passwords, etc.. Seems to me that these extensions are just as risky as not using them. Why do these extensions need...
  5. How secure are extensions in browsers?

How secure are extensions in browsers?: I'm sure we all use a few (I know I do - BitDefender Traffic Light and Windows Defender Browser Protection), but given the recent news about Avast and AVG hoovering up and on-selling user data without permission, I want to start a discussion about whether, in order to make...
  6. Malwarebytes Browser Extension for Chrome

Malwarebytes Browser Extension for Chrome: Currently I use Defender and run Malwarebytes on demand. Does WD perform any browser related protection? I know it doesn't cover PUP's in std mode, Just wondering what the consensus is about this Malwarebytes Browser Extension for Chrome? Sounds like a good idea, but I...
  7. Malwarebytes or avast browser extension.

Malwarebytes or avast browser extension.: Hello , So i recently received a malwarebytes premium license for free and i decided to use the malwarebytes browser too , now my question is , which browser extension is better , malwarebytes or avast? i already had avast for chrome , but i think that malwarebytes might be...
  8. Browser extensions disabled

in Browsers and Email
    Browser extensions disabled: I use various browsers on my computers associated with the different uses I put them to. On my Windows 10 machine, every time I launch Firefox, I find all of the extensions I have installed have been disabled. I have to re-enable them in settings and relaunch the browser....
  9. Mozilla browser Container Extension

in Browsers and Email
    Mozilla browser Container Extension: How many of you have used the new Mozilla "face book" extension for its Firefox browser that isolates the Facebook identity of users from rest of your web activity ?? Facebook Container Extension, once installed in the user’s Firefox browser, makes it harder for Facebook to...
  10. Continuing to protect Chrome users from malicious extensions

in Windows 10 News
    Continuing to protect Chrome users from malicious extensions: We’re always working to improve Chrome extensions while keeping our users as safe as possible. In May 2014 we announced a new policy to protect Windows users by enforcing that extensions be hosted on the Chrome Web Store. The results were encouraging: we saw a 75% drop in...