Windows 10: Malicious files on an attached hard drive?

Discus and support Malicious files on an attached hard drive? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi I store most of my downloaded program and other files, music. movies, pictures, Flight Simulator and Trainsim on USB attached hard drives. Should... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by daniellouwrens, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Malicious files on an attached hard drive?

Hi

I store most of my downloaded program and other files, music. movies, pictures, Flight Simulator
    and Trainsim on USB attached hard drives.

Should I be adding these to my scheduled malware scans?

Any advice or comments appreciated.

Cheers

Daniel

W10 Home fully updated

:)

daniellouwrens, Jun 29, 2020

2. email attachments

Hello Allan,

To attach a document file on an email, you can follow the step given below:

For Windows 10 Mobile:

• Launch to File Explorer app.
    • Press and hold the file that you need to attach on the email, and select
      button.
    • Select Outlook Mail on the suggested applications.

For Windows Phone 8.1:

• Download and install
      Files
      app.
    • Launch Files app.
    • Tap and hold the document that you need to attach on the email, and select
      button.
    • Select the Mail app on the suggested applications.

Feel free to post back if you have other queries.

Timoteo IV Ofr, Jun 29, 2020
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Unable to attach documents to email error The following files couldn't be attached: IMG.pdf. Please try again later

Hi Mikalbe,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• How are you accessing mail e.g. Mail app or Outlook?
    • Is the issue with a particular format of attachments?
    I suggest you to try attaching a different format of file and check if you are able to attach file and send mail. Also install all pending Windows updates and check. If the issue still persists follow the steps below.

App Troubleshooter

I suggest you to run app troubleshooter for issues related to edge and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

Do let us know if you are able to attach files to email. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Jun 29, 2020
  4. Malicious files on an attached hard drive?

SLI with different cards

Here is what is did
    step 1:
    Malicious files on an attached hard drive? 1516036961984-png.png

step 2:
    Malicious files on an attached hard drive? 1516036994068-png.png

:/ i dont get this doe ?

okay ive done the same thing as you but i cant put the file back into the folder

• Copy nvlddmkm.sys in C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_5518e59e8d3b48f4\ to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\ and replace the existing one.
    that thing

gamingturkey1, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

Malicious files on an attached hard drive?

1. Malicious files on an attached hard drive? - Similar Threads - Malicious files attached

2. Hard Drive OS Repair/Access on a hard drive attached as a external hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard Drive OS Repair/Access on a hard drive attached as a external hard drive: I have a computer originally from my son. It had not been running for 5-7 years, burnt power supply. I was updating to most current Win 10 and the files got corrupted at version 1909 and it won't boot. In Win PE recovery mode I've tried system restore, system reset, advanced...
  3. Is there a way to repair an attached hard drive that has gone bad?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is there a way to repair an attached hard drive that has gone bad?: I have several hard drives, a couple from older pc's, that I would like to get files from. Is there a way to do this? I brought one to a computer repair shop who returned all the directory and file names on a new drive ... but with 0 bytes of information.?! not helpful...
  4. Stuck on BSOD with external hard drive attached

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck on BSOD with external hard drive attached: I was processing raw image files from an external hard drive when my screen went completely black. After a few seconds, I got the BSOD for the first time ever. It has been sitting at 100% complete for about 20 minutes. The fan is making a lot of noise (it's usually silent)....
  5. USB hard drive attached to Linksys EA3500 Router.

USB hard drive attached to Linksys EA3500 Router.: It’s also recommended that you map the external drive on your computer for fast, easy access. Mapping a network drive is simple. Just follow the steps listed below. 1. Open File Explorer from the taskbar or the Start menu. Alternatively, you can use the Windows Key + E...
  6. Unable to Boot Windows 10 with External Hard Drive Attached

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to Boot Windows 10 with External Hard Drive Attached: So this question is asked here and there with nothing concrete. I have an alienware alpha with Windows 10. Whenever I plug in an external hard drive Seagate Backup Plus NAB90MJS 2019 the computer goes into black screen. Things I have tried: 1. Using Legacy BIOS 2....
  7. Attaching external drive and not able to open files

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Attaching external drive and not able to open files: I have attached an external hard drive to my laptop and although the computer recognizes the new device (it pops up under "devices and printers"), I am not seeing where I can actually access the folders that are in the hard drive. It will let me open the properties info for...
  8. files on external hard drive

files on external hard drive: Hi, This a bit complicated We had a PC crash last year & PC world downloaded all our files on our Maxtor external hard drive now I want to put all our pictures/ photos back on & if I click on the file & find 'send' it only offers to send the file to Docs or shortcut to...
  9. Attached hard drive does is not displayed in my network.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Attached hard drive does is not displayed in my network.: I can't access it. It DOES, however, show that it is attached when I go to settings for Bluetooth and Other Devices. Ideas; suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/attached-hard-drive-does-is-not-displayed-in-my/be1c92d5-975e-44fd-a38e-06d52b794e12
  10. Scan to External Hard Drive Attached to Asus Router

Scan to External Hard Drive Attached to Asus Router: Hoping someone can help me with this...scanning to external hard drive attached to router. My setup: Windows 10 on a Dell Optiplex 9010 (purchased from Dell's refurbished site, if that means anything) Asus RT-AC3200 router HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 printer Printer is...