Windows 10: Malicious hash on a notepad

Discus and support Malicious hash on a notepad in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; IF you put a malware hash in a notepad, and also rename it into an executable, will it make it into the malware, or will it be just blank... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MatasR, Jan 21, 2021.

1. MatasR Win User

Malicious hash on a notepad

IF you put a malware hash in a notepad, and also rename it into an executable, will it make it into the malware, or will it be just blank

:)

MatasR, Jan 21, 2021

2. Notepad

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below:

• Open Task Manager. Here’s a tip: press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC.
    • Click on Startup tab.
    • Select Notepad from the list and click on Disable.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us
    for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 21, 2021
  3. JCabebe Win User
    Notepad

I followed your suggestion but wasn't able to find Notepad listed on the startup. There are some listed as program but don't know which ones it could be.

JCabebe, Jan 21, 2021
  4. dalchina Win User

Files hash info

I suggest you verify whether the files really are identical. Generate different hashes- as f14tomcat suggests below..

What convinces you the hash value computed is embedded in the file?

dalchina, Jan 21, 2021
Thema:

1. Malicious hash on a notepad - Similar Threads - Malicious hash notepad

2. Signtool.exe hashing process

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Signtool.exe hashing process: Hi,We are not able to generate SHA256 hash of a .exe file, similar to hash generated by Signtool sign's command. We need to learn Signtool's hashing process.We have a requirement for Reproducible Build, origin verification, and Automated Hash validation, as a part of our...
  3. Signtool.exe hashing process

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Signtool.exe hashing process: Hi,We are not able to generate SHA256 hash of a .exe file, similar to hash generated by Signtool sign's command. We need to learn Signtool's hashing process.We have a requirement for Reproducible Build, origin verification, and Automated Hash validation, as a part of our...
  4. SHA1 hash mismatch

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    SHA1 hash mismatch: Hello!I have discovered an archive of the windows 8 Consumer Preview direct download link from early 2012. I was planning on using it for development purposes, but the provided SHA1 file hash for the 32 bit english copy mismatches the one i downloaded. the one provided at the...
  5. SHA1 hash mismatch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SHA1 hash mismatch: Hello!I have discovered an archive of the windows 8 Consumer Preview direct download link from early 2012. I was planning on using it for development purposes, but the provided SHA1 file hash for the 32 bit english copy mismatches the one i downloaded. the one provided at the...
  6. trojan:script/wacatac.h!ml, I opened Notepad++ and it opened this malicious plugin.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    trojan:script/wacatac.h!ml, I opened Notepad++ and it opened this malicious plugin.: trojan:script/wacatac.h!ml, I opened Notepad++ and it opened this malicious plugin. After Windows Security deleted 4 files it had created in some places in the system, 2 hours after that no files were detected anymore. Is it still on my PC?...
  7. trojan:script/wacatac.h!ml, I opened Notepad++ and it opened this malicious plugin.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    trojan:script/wacatac.h!ml, I opened Notepad++ and it opened this malicious plugin.: trojan:script/wacatac.h!ml, I opened Notepad++ and it opened this malicious plugin. After Windows Security deleted 4 files it had created in some places in the system, 2 hours after that no files were detected anymore. Is it still on my PC?...
  8. trojan:script/wacatac.h!ml, I opened Notepad++ and it opened this malicious plugin.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. ISO Hash Verification

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    ISO Hash Verification: hello everyone i just got off the phone with ms tech support and 6 reps 2 departments later nobody has a clue what i'm talking about so i've downloaded the iso from the media creation tool and directly from the ms websiteboth Win10Homex64 iso files are 3.99GB but ms tech...
  10. Files hash info

in Windows 10 Support
    Files hash info: Hi i have two identical files, except the hash is different, I need to copy the hash information from one file to the other. Is this possible ..? And if so how. thanks 135315