Windows 10: malicious software threat

Discus and support malicious software threat in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; When turning on laptop I received a voice message and visuals supposedly from Microsoft Defender advising my laptop had been used by malicious software... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Brian JAB, Sep 3, 2021.

1. Brian JAB Win User

malicious software threat

When turning on laptop I received a voice message and visuals supposedly from Microsoft Defender advising my laptop had been used by malicious software to steal my identity. Advised to call 1 800 #

:)

Brian JAB, Sep 3, 2021

2. malicious software removal tool

Hi Alex,

We would like to know more about the issue by answering the following questions below:

• Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool?
    • What is the last action taken before this issue happens?

We suggest that you check this link for more details regarding your issue:
    The Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool (MSRT) helps remove specific, prevalent malicious software from computers that are running supported versions of Windows.

We look forward to your response.

Anthony Gal, Sep 3, 2021
  3. Marby Rey Win User
    Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool

Hi David,

Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool (MSRT) helps remove malicious software from computers. To address your concern on how to remove the detected threats, we suggest that you check this
    article
    and follow the section: When the Malicious Software Removal Tool detects malicious software.

Feel free to ask back any question and let us know how it goes.

Marby Rey, Sep 3, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Malicious Software Removal Tool 5.43 released

Source: MSRT December 2016 addresses Clodaconas, which serves unsolicited ads through DNS hijacking Microsoft Malware Protection Center

See also:

Brink, Sep 3, 2021
Thema:

1. malicious software threat - Similar Threads - malicious software threat

2. malicious software removal tool

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    malicious software removal tool: Is there anyway to determine if the tool removed anything during the W11 update process? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/malicious-software-removal-tool/cd9309e3-4ce2-4bea-aac9-af0b052f78ca
  3. Malicious software removal tool

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Malicious software removal tool: As part of the regular patch tuesday, MS released a malicious software removal tool. This year that frequency went from monthly to quarterly, and event that varies. This month (Nov 20) there's a new one out, 2 months after the last one: KB890830 v5.84, and it's been detected...
  4. Malicious Software Removal Tool

Malicious Software Removal Tool: The most recent malicious software removal tool download from Windows Update was May 12. Has Microsoft ended the MSR tool program? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/malicious-software-removal-tool/8793a7d4-e58a-42c3-b839-0336a299ab4c
  5. malicious software

malicious software: how to remove Avast Software & Santivirus software https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/malicious-software/c8ca8152-1b40-4ccb-b34a-0d5ecabf9680
  6. Windows malicious software remover

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows malicious software remover: Does Windows malicious software remover running for about 30 minutes on my computer mean that I have downloaded some sort of malware or virus? submitted by /u/elonmusk12345_ [link] [comments]...
  7. malicious software removal

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    malicious software removal: I downloaded above and can't find it. Please advise how I can get to it? Not in download folder. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/malicious-software-removal/49294d9a-bfcb-41ab-91cf-8d4546693c1c"
  8. Malicious Software Removal Tool

Malicious Software Removal Tool: I have Norton Antivirus on my computer and two or three times now I have seen a pop up in the bottom right corner from Norton which says "Malicious software removal tool was blocked from accessing the internet". It seems weird that my Antivirus would block a tool which is on...
  9. malicious software warning

malicious software warning: I use windows defender & the google browser when clicking some facebook videos that are on the side of my page, it activates a malicious software warning & locks my browser & computer The problem is I viewed the same links before & nothing happened Whats going on ? 90681
  10. Malicious Software Removal Tool

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Malicious Software Removal Tool: *Info Shawn has posted a formal announcement of this on this thread: Update: KB890830 update for Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool - May 2017 - Windows 10 Forums TC I just did a Check for Updates (WU) and got this. Out of the blue in the middle of the month?...