Windows 10: Malvertising attack on Microsoft Games

Discus and support Malvertising attack on Microsoft Games in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; The have been a number of reports of fake virus warnings when using Microsoft Games (and possibly other apps) as shown in screenshot below>>>... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by bhringer, Jun 2, 2019.

1. bhringer Win User

Malvertising attack on Microsoft Games

The have been a number of reports of fake virus warnings when using Microsoft Games (and possibly other apps) as shown in screenshot below>>>

Malvertising attack on Microsoft Games 456e14f3-e959-452d-bcd7-f6b1b9575961?upload=true.png

As reported in German MC there may be otherfake offers for prize redemption.

https://answers.microsoft.com/de-de...iten-mit/62d2039d-8c3a-4684-a994-d43cff7bd7ab

Currently, it occurs more that 10 malicious banner ads are called at the start or the use of apps on Windows, open the fraud Web pages in the default browser.

These websites either promise prizes in a lottery or threaten that the PC with viruses is contaminated. Both are nonsense.

It's not local malicious software on the PC! As a result, it is not necessary to install any tools to scan or to install the system at all.

As long as you just close the window without confirming any questions to start scans or to pick up winnings, the thing is without consequence. The apps include advertising banners on external networks. About this, also repeated fraudulent banner apparently delivered in addition to normal advertising. Apparently, the operators of these ad networks have their deliveries still not under control. Such things appear every now and then in the Web browser. There, they can at least block through the use of an adblockers.

The relevant Web pages should be reported via the browser as fraud page. Some of them are currently already by the Windows SmartScreen filter considered malignant. To solve the problem on the server side, the corresponding apps should not be used simply.

Who has the ability to block advertising on DNS level, E.g. via a central adblocker on your network such as a Pihole, you should block these sites:

*.adnxs.com
    *.nuxues.com

*.vungle.com

Currently Windows Defender Smartscreen is not recognizing this and therefore not blocking.

The fake virus warnings eventually direct to a download page for Reimage Repair which is classified by Microsoft as potentially unwanted application (PUA) but not detected as malware by Windows Defender at this time. A scan of the downloaded file at VirusTotal indicates nine different antivirus/antimalware programs detect it as malware and some may block the download or even the landing page for the download.

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/file...a01da737d1b93fe0f16ba5e614e0e904c56/detection

When the fake virus screen appears simply close the page (or tab). If page will not close open Task Manager (Ctrl + Shift + Esc) and kill the browser process (End Task)) As a precaution clear your browser cache and temporary internet files.

~bhringer

Author's note: Several Microsoft apps/services (MSN Money, News and Weather) are scheduled to be discontinued June 3 and I speculate in the process some other services may have been left vulnerable in the process. Hopefully this issue is temporary and will be resolved shortly.

For Windows 19 users, more information may be available at Feedback Hub (Windows key + F).

:)

bhringer, Jun 2, 2019
  2. DaveM121 Win User

About Ransomware attack

Here is Microsoft's Customer Guidance on the Ransomware Attack:

• In March, we released a security update which addresses the vulnerability that these attacks are exploiting. Those who have Windows Update enabled are protected against attacks on this vulnerability. For those organizations who have not yet applied the
      security update, we suggest you immediately deploy Microsoft Security Bulletin MS17-010.

• For customers using Windows Defender, we released an update earlier today which detects this threat as Ransom:Win32/WannaCrypt.
      As an additional “defense-in-depth” measure, keep up-to-date anti-malware software installed on your machines. Customers running anti-malware software from any number of security companies can confirm with their provider, that they are protected.

• This attack type may evolve over time, so any additional defense-in-depth strategies will provide additional protections. (For example, to further protect against SMBv1 attacks, customers
      should consider blocking legacy protocols on their networks).

For the full article,
    Click HERE

DaveM121, Jun 2, 2019
  3. windows 10 microsoft games

if uninstall the game then reinstall the game will I lose all my awards?

rusty wheelchar, Jun 2, 2019
  4. Malvertising attack on Microsoft Games

windows 10 microsoft games

Hello,

To better help you with your concern, kindly tell us the steps you have performed when uninstalling the game.

In the meantime, we suggest that you perform the steps below to check if it will help us resolve your concern:

• Click the Start button and then click Settings.
    • Choose System and then click Apps & features.
    • Click on the game you are referring to and then click the Uninstall button.
    We are looking forward to your response.

Jamille Nar, Jun 2, 2019
Thema:

Malvertising attack on Microsoft Games

1. Malvertising attack on Microsoft Games - Similar Threads - Malvertising attack Microsoft

2. resolving an attack on my pc by Microsoft

in Windows 10 Gaming
    resolving an attack on my pc by Microsoft: hi i have been hacked by microsoft again and this time they installed spotify on my pc . It appears as though it is hiding from me as I saw in the start menu first but is no longer there . How do I ensure the complete removal of this hack ? as well as , what agency or place...
  3. resolving an attack on my pc by Microsoft

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    resolving an attack on my pc by Microsoft: hi i have been hacked by microsoft again and this time they installed spotify on my pc . It appears as though it is hiding from me as I saw in the start menu first but is no longer there . How do I ensure the complete removal of this hack ? as well as , what agency or place...
  4. resolving an attack on my pc by Microsoft

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. sudden attack korean game in game keys error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sudden attack korean game in game keys error: hi i would like to ask that whenever i on english language pack the game keys dont work ... whenever i in korean langaugae everyithing works well... i cant read korean so i need help http://sa.nexon.com/main/index.aspx this game linkthis my youtube link...
  6. sudden attack korean game in game keys error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sudden attack korean game in game keys error: hi i would like to ask that whenever i on english language pack the game keys dont work ... whenever i in korean langaugae everyithing works well... i cant read korean so i need help http://sa.nexon.com/main/index.aspx this game linkthis my youtube link...
  7. Attack

Attack: I NEED TO SHUT DOWN MY SCHOOL SERVER. HELP? contact me for I.p address and details lets make it happen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/attack/982fa328-11d5-4f29-ab80-a7caccd52143
  8. How to Get Ride of Malvertising?

How to Get Ride of Malvertising?: Hello, How do I remove a Malvertisement? It keeps popping up in the lower right corner of my screen. Malwarebytes blocks the website that it tries to redirect to when I close it, but it still keeps popping up. Thank you! [Original Title: Malvertising]...
  9. Malvertising

Malvertising: Hello, How do I remove a Malvertisement? It keeps popping up in the lower right corner of my screen. Malwarebytes blocks the website that it tries to redirect to when I close it, but it still keeps popping up. Thank you!...
  10. Microsoft - Customer Guidance for WannaCrypt attacks

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft - Customer Guidance for WannaCrypt attacks: Microsoft solution available to protect additional productsToday many of our customers around the world and the critical systems they depend on were victims of malicious “WannaCrypt” software. Seeing businesses and individuals affected by cyberattacks, such as the ones...