Windows 10: Malware Bytes context menu

Discus and support Malware Bytes context menu in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I read over at the Malwarebytes forum that toggling it off and back on worked for some users. (context menu setting) Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Access Denied, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Malware Bytes context menu

I read over at the Malwarebytes forum that toggling it off and back on worked for some users. (context menu setting)

Access Denied, Apr 5, 2018
  2. Clint Win User

Since the 3.4.5 malware Bytes update, I no longer have "Scan with Malware Bytes" in the right click context menu. I have it turned on in settings. Any ideas?

Malware Bytes context menu [​IMG]

:)

Clint, Apr 6, 2018
  3. "Send To" Menu Blank After Windows 10 Pro Upgrade

I just encountered the same issue after a major Win10 update.

There was a Zero byte (corrupted) Bluetooth shortcut in the Send To folder

This corrupted shortcut caused the Send To context menu to freeze showing only one item

- with the mouse Busy circle (ex hourglass) displaying for 40 seconds or so

Navigating to the Send To folder and deleting any Zero byte shortcut(s) fixed the problem

- all the other shortcuts in the folder then appeared on the Send To context menu.

DougCuk_42, Apr 6, 2018
  4. Malware Bytes context menu

Compress Folder Option missing after latest windows 10 update

Okay, I found the answer to my problem within another post in the Microsoft Community.

On examining the contents of four of the C:\Users\User Profile\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo folders on my laptop (including Guest but not Default or Public) I found that there was not only the correct "Bluetooth device"
    item (along with other correct items) but after that there was an extraneous 0 byte "Bluetooth" entry.

Apparently it is this extraneous 0 byte "Bluetooth" entry that causes the other items in this folder to not show on the Send To context menu (it "truncates" the menu).

Deleted this 0 byte "Bluetooth" item (not "Bluetooth device") from each of these folders and now the Send To context menu for each user profile is fine.

Jonathan D. NH, Apr 6, 2018
  5. Cliff S New Member
    Hi Clint, I found out you need to have the real-time notifications also turned on, for it to show up in context menu.
    Probably has to do with the scan results being able to be shown, i dunno.

Cliff S, Apr 6, 2018
  6. Clint Win User
    Thanks Cliff for the reply. I also have that turned on.

Clint, Apr 6, 2018
  7. Cliff S New Member
    That's what I found for me after tinkering, too bad it's not one of those "one size fits all" solutions*Sad
    But then again, that's typical of using Windows*Wink

Cliff S, Apr 6, 2018
  8. Malware Bytes context menu

Not Myself, Apr 7, 2018
Thema:

Malware Bytes context menu

1. Malware Bytes context menu - Similar Threads - Malware Bytes context

2. Malware bytes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Malware bytes: i was playing watch dogs then malwarebytes were notifying me that it blocked a trojan or something i downloaded watchdogs on steam And im wondering if its really a trojan or something...
  3. Malware bytes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Malware bytes: i was playing watch dogs then malwarebytes were notifying me that it blocked a trojan or something i downloaded watchdogs on steam And im wondering if its really a trojan or something...
  4. Malware bytes compatibility with BitDefender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Malware bytes compatibility with BitDefender: Recently upgraded to Bit Defender VPN via support service who in turn deleted existing Malware Bytes protection on the premise that you should not have two security systems on the same unit. Cyber world tells me BD will not update if MB is installed which might explain why...
  5. Malware bytes compatibility with BitDefender

Malware bytes compatibility with BitDefender: Recently upgraded to Bit Defender VPN via support service who in turn deleted existing Malware Bytes protection on the premise that you should not have two security systems on the same unit. Cyber world tells me BD will not update if MB is installed which might explain why...
  6. context menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    context menu: i just reinstalled windows but when we right click on desktop which shows refresh option it i s always showing to my left . the menu opens to the left of my mouse.should not it be opening to the right of my mouse...
  7. Malware Bytes and Windows Defender

Malware Bytes and Windows Defender: I just did an upgrade to Malware Bytes and now Windows Defender is turned off but Defender is offering the option to do an occasional checkup. What is that all about?...
  8. Malware Bytes and SWinduws Defender

Malware Bytes and SWinduws Defender: I just did an upgrade to Malware Bytes and now Windows Defender is turned off but Defender is offering the option to do an occasional checkup. What is that all about?...
  9. context menue

in Windows 10 Customization
    context menue: my context menu does not show the ability to set windows in a pattern ,side by side etc. how can this be add? all tutorial for moving windows into various groupings start with right clicking to get the context menu which has these patterns....
  10. BitDefender Or Malware Bytes ?

BitDefender Or Malware Bytes ?: Hello, Brand new W10 user. a. Is it true that if you use a third party ant-virus program, the one MS provides with W10 (Called Defender ?) is automatically turned off ? If so, any workaround ? The paid third party ones so much better, that losing the MS is worth it...