Windows 10: Malware Extension keeps reinstalling itself on Edge!

Discus and support Malware Extension keeps reinstalling itself on Edge! in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi I have a bitcoin miner trojan or something that keeps popping up on Malwarebytes every time i reset pc. It has to be hiding as a fake Microsoft task... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DankShark69, Sep 18, 2022.

1. Malware Extension keeps reinstalling itself on Edge!

Hi I have a bitcoin miner trojan or something that keeps popping up on Malwarebytes every time i reset pc. It has to be hiding as a fake Microsoft task program or something.. I delete and quarantine but they keep coming back? any suggestions?

:)

DankShark69, Sep 18, 2022
  2. Noela Tum Win User

edge extensions

Hello,

This issue with Microsoft Edge may occur if there is a system conflict. To isolate the issue, please answer the following questions:

• When did you first encounter the issue?
    • Can you give us a screenshot of the exact error message when you reopen Microsoft Edge?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far?

You can also check out this helpful
    article
    about extensions on Microsoft Edge for more information.

Hope this helps and we'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Noela Tum, Sep 18, 2022
  3. Stecyk Win User
    How to Uninstall and Reinstall Microsoft Edge Because of Malware Issue

Windows 10 Pro – 64 bit Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.752)
    Microsoft Edge Version 80.0.361.111 (Official build) (64-bit)

Hello,

Question

How do I uninstall Microsoft Edge and reinstall it? Do I need to do anything special to help ensure that the malware is gone when I uninstall? Are there any specific things or steps that I should do before uninstalling so that I keep my favorites and other important settings?

Background Information

In the past few days, I began getting malicious redirects when on the Wall Street Journal website. I would begin reading an article and then be redirected to some spammy site. Or the redirection would fail. Often Norton 360 would warn me that it blocked attacks from malicious websites. This problem only seems to happen on the Wall Street Journal.

Because my problem was localized to only one website, I thought it was their issue. So I wrote to them to complain. They suggested that I clear my cache to see if that makes a difference and that I should try Google Chrome.

I cleared my cache. Problems remained. I tried Google Chrome and the beta version of Microsoft Edge. My problems disappeared. So that leads me to believe that my Microsoft Edge is corrupted with malware somehow.

Norton 360 and Malawarebytes say that my computer is clean. Yet by its behavior, I know that I have an issue.

I am hoping that my problem is localized to Microsoft Edge and not my entire computer. That is, if the problem were deeper than Microsoft Edge, I would expect that Google Chrome would be affected too.

While I do not have an extensive list of favorites, I don't want to lose them either. Because they are synced, I am hoping that I will recover them when I reinstall.

I don't have many extensions, just Dashlane, Office, and Save to Pocket.

I look forward to your help. Thank you.

Stecyk, Sep 18, 2022
  4. Malware Extension keeps reinstalling itself on Edge!

Cannot install extensions in Edge

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with installing Extension in Microsoft Edge. I will certainly help you with the issue.

I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if that helps:

• Launch your Edge browser and click on the 3-dotted
      More link. You will see an Extensions item.

• Click on Extensions to open the following panel. Here you will see a
      Get extensions from the Store link.

• Currently, extensions like Amazon Assistant, Evernote Web Clipper, LastPass, Mouse Gestures, Office Online, OneNote Web Clipper, Page Analyzer, Pinterest Pin It Button, Reddit Enhancement
      Suite, Save to Pocket, Translate for Microsoft Edge, etc., are available for Edge.

• Clicking on one of them will open the Windows Store page which offers this extension.

• Click on the
      Free button to install it.

• To enable the extension, click on
      Turn it on. If you do not want to enable it, click on Keep it off. Once you do this, you will see this entry in the list of extensions installed. Here you see only one as I have installed only one extension.

• Once the Edge extension is enabled, you will see it added to your panel. Right-clicking on it will offer you two options:

• Show next to address bar

• Manage.

• You can toggle the switch to On/Off position – for the Pin It button as well as for showing it next to the address bar.

• You will also see buttons that show you more
      Options and one that lets you Uninstall the Edge extension.

• Clicking on
      Options will show additional settings offered for that plugin in a new browser tab that will open automatically.

• Clicking on
      Uninstall will uninstall the Edge extension.

• The settings and options available for each extension, will of course differ.

Hope this information helps.

Please get back to us with an update on the issue, we will be happy to help.

Ankit Rajput, Sep 18, 2022
Thema:

Malware Extension keeps reinstalling itself on Edge!

1. Malware Extension keeps reinstalling itself on Edge! - Similar Threads - Malware Extension keeps

2. roblox keeps reinstalls itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    roblox keeps reinstalls itself: but roblox reinstalls itself everytime i join on a diff account between different one before joining a game, roblox will reinstall. It'll say "Installing Roblox" with a bar, even thought i already have the game installed, obviously because I was just in a game on a different...
  3. roblox keeps reinstalls itself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    roblox keeps reinstalls itself: but roblox reinstalls itself everytime i join on a diff account between different one before joining a game, roblox will reinstall. It'll say "Installing Roblox" with a bar, even thought i already have the game installed, obviously because I was just in a game on a different...
  4. roblox keeps reinstalls itself

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. microsoft edge keeps on closing by itself

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft edge keeps on closing by itself: What should I do and when I go out of microsoft edge the screen is black and onlt shows the taskbar and recycling bin icon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-edge-keeps-on-closing-by-itself/c52b5c4c-5c9a-4cad-bd20-90fbe2c7cc31
  6. microsoft edge keeps on closing by itself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microsoft edge keeps on closing by itself: What should I do and when I go out of microsoft edge the screen is black and onlt shows the taskbar and recycling bin icon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-edge-keeps-on-closing-by-itself/c52b5c4c-5c9a-4cad-bd20-90fbe2c7cc31
  7. This file that installs an extension keeps reinstalling itself and the extension

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    This file that installs an extension keeps reinstalling itself and the extension: the file is at C:\ProgramData\Oexsnj\Ligfxc\DAE36356 and that is from where it download this extension called "uPrivateFast" and there was a manifest.Json file and this other ryiz file so I scanned it with Malwarebytes two times and nothing showed up so I tried deleting it...
  8. Microsoft Edge for extension message "contains malware"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Edge for extension message "contains malware": Certain Extensions message for Microsoft Edge says "contains malicious malware? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/microsoft-edge-for-extension-message-contains/a811b021-cf87-42ab-a8f0-42969f0d3731
  9. Malware - Watch Tv Now Extension in eDGE

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Malware - Watch Tv Now Extension in eDGE: How can I get rid of this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/malware-watch-tv-now-extension-in-edge/de234e46-c4fd-4056-be47-ac744e8f211e
  10. Edge - extensions are gone and don't reinstalls

in Browsers and Email
    Edge - extensions are gone and don't reinstalls: Hello! Win10 FCU Edge - I install some extensions, all works fine. After that I makes some deep Win10 configuration for some days. But then all extensions are gone from Edge! I will detailed describe the situation... 1. Clean Win10 FCU. I install many Edge extensions...