Windows 10: Malware has remote access to my pc?

Discus and support Malware has remote access to my pc? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Please forgive me for my lack of knowledge with some of this but Ive been dealing with this for days now I couldn't decide if I was just being paranoid... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by coltongibson, Dec 23, 2018.

1. Malware has remote access to my pc?

Please forgive me for my lack of knowledge with some of this but Ive been dealing with this for days now I couldn't decide if I was just being paranoid or if there was actually something(or someone) that has hijacked my PC. I will Let the you all decide but to me this all seems bizarre.

I dont remember exactly how I stumbled onto this other than a few days ago my net was acting weird. im gonna list several event id codes but the ones that are the most troublesome to me are these:

event id 7034: The Windows Search service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 349 time(s).

7023: The Windows Search service terminated with the following error:

The system cannot find the drive specified.

8033: The browser has forced an election on network \Device\NetBT_Tcpip_{A4658475-46E6-469E-BA87-CA74AAC1DF8B} because a master browser was stopped.

10016: The machine-default permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID

{C2F03A33-21F5-47FA-B4BB-156362A2F239}

and APPID

{316CDED5-E4AE-4B15-9113-7055D84DCC97}

to the user NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE SID (S-1-5-19) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

4: Log Name: System

Source: Virtual Disk Service

Date: 12/23/2018 1:43:59 PM

Event ID: 4

Task Category: None

Level: Information

Keywords: Classic

User: N/A

Computer: LAPTOP-JME2E5FG

Description:

Service stopped.

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="Virtual Disk Service" />

<EventID Qualifiers="16896">4</EventID>

<Level>4</Level>

<Task>0</Task>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2018-12-23T18:43:59.172723000Z" />

<EventRecordID>3882</EventRecordID>

<Channel>System</Channel>

<Computer>LAPTOP-JME2E5FG</Computer>

<Security />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data>@2010001</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

4799:A security-enabled local group membership was enumerated.

4672: Special privileges assigned to new logon. these 2 just keep repeating)

1500: The SNMP Service encountered an error while accessing the registry key SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SNMP\Parameters\TrapConfiguration.

100: Local Hostname LAPTOP-JME2E5FG.local already in use; will try LAPTOP-JME2E5FG-2.local instead(this error was caused by bonjour)

As Im Listing these it just hit me that these problems started occurring immediately after I got my laptop back from the HP repair shop.

I am running a hp notebook on windows 10.

The pc was generating new accounts constantly and apparently elevating these accounts above the one and only user(and admin) account on this pc. I've been getting denied access to more and more things.When I seen that bonjour was running an app on my windows pc it threw up a red flag and the app it was running was a DNSresponder. However the issues have only gotten more bizarre. MY net kept kicking me off so I logged onto my mothers asus laptop(win8) to see if the problem persisted on hers. it did.

After a quick check to see which wifi network i was on it was giving me my wifi address+2. Something was forcing my moms laptop to connect to the internet via my computer even tho all options for sharing my net connection were turned off. In Network and sharing center it shows this pc being connected to a private network yet all other signs were indicating I had somehow became part of a workplace network. When I open event viewer theres a custom log named "Server". So after a little digging using cmd (and later powershell) it turns out yes I am indeed acting as a server or something and there is a partition on my HDD that is hidden.

Also this two pcs are the only devices on this network that arent running IOS and the only two that were infected.

Then I found a .txt file inside a hidden folder titled "REGFLUSH": rthat contained the following:

RegFlush> Starting...

RegFlush> attempting to flush ->HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT

RegFlush> Successfully flushed

RegFlush> attempting to flush ->HKEY_CURRENT_USER

RegFlush> attempting to flush ->HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

RegFlush> attempting to flush ->HKEY_USERS

RegFlush> Done...

After digging around theres lots of weird stuff in these multiple hidden files. one txt list my OS as windows_NT, My Platform as mobile, my ram as 8gb(its only 4)and my I have zero windows credentials. then I found the policy definition scripts... C:\Windows\PolicyDefinitions is a folder full of .adml files that force different policies. one in particular was a script that was forcing me onto a domain which in turn forced me into a workplace. Then the script told itself to connect to all other devices within the workplace(naturally) in turn infecting every other device that seemingly isnt Mac.Heres the script for that:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<!-- (c) 2013 Microsoft Corporation -->

<policyDefinitions xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" revision="10.0" schemaVersion="1.0" xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/GroupPolicy/2006/07/PolicyDefinitions">

<policyNamespaces>

<target prefix="WJ" namespace="Microsoft.Policies.WorkplaceJoin" />

<using prefix="windows" namespace="Microsoft.Policies.Windows" />

</policyNamespaces>

<resources minRequiredRevision="1.0" />

<categories>

<category name="WorkplaceJoin" displayName="$(string.WJ_WorkplaceJoinCategory)">

<parentCategory ref="windows:WindowsComponents" />

</category>

</categories>

<policies>

<policy name="WJ_AutoJoin" class="Machine" displayName="$(string.WJ_AutoJoin)" explainText="$(string.WJ_AutoJoinExplain)" key="Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WorkplaceJoin" valueName="autoWorkplaceJoin">

<parentCategory ref="WorkplaceJoin" />

<supportedOn ref="windows:SUPPORTED_Windows_6_3_NOARM" />

<enabledValue>

<decimal value="1" />

</enabledValue>

<disabledValue>

<decimal value="0" />

</disabledValue>

</policy>

</policies>

</policyDefinitions>

The list goes on and on. Things like hideunctab in search.

pushtoinstall-Disabled

POWERSHELL: enable module logging-enabled

remote execution policy-enabled

EnableScriptBlockLogging

EnableScriptBlockInvocationLogging

EnableUpdateHelpDefaultSourcePath-SourcePathForUpdateHelp" valueName="DefaultSourcePath" required="true (its a loop?)

Windows Defender:

VirusThreatProtection_UILockdown

VirusThreatProtection_HideRansomwareRecovery

FirewallNetworkProtection_UILockdown

AppBrowserProtection_UILockdown

AppBrowserProtection_DisallowExploitProtectionOverride

DeviceSecurity_HideTPMTroubleshooting

I'll stop there because I believe the point has been made. Theres policy definition scripts like these for everything facet of my OS.

Help..

:)

coltongibson, Dec 23, 2018

2. Remote access

In this case, we suggest checking this
    link
    to learn more about using the Remote Desktop app. This article will guide you on how to remotely access a desktop PC or a mobile device. For additional troubleshooting can you also answer the following questions:

• Is your computer connected to a domain?
    • Are you receiving error messages when using
      the Remote Desktop app?

We will wait for your reply.

Jefferson Ore, Dec 23, 2018
  3. mlee49 Win User
    help to remote connect

No need to setup a permanent remote connection for FB add-on's. I'd suggest Team Viewer. It's free and will allow you to access his pc safely and take control.

mlee49, Dec 23, 2018
  4. Steevo Win User

Malware has remote access to my pc?

hijacked via remote network access

Sounds like you are the recipient of stolen goods. All of our work laptops have this feature where it locks the BIOS and hard disk remotely if stolen, misplaced, or after a certain number of failed access attempts to the data on the disk without the TPM key.

I would suggest returning it to wherever you bought or got it.

Steevo, Dec 23, 2018
Thema:

Malware has remote access to my pc?

1. Malware has remote access to my pc? - Similar Threads - Malware has remote

2. Someone has a remote access to my PC, how to block them?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Someone has a remote access to my PC, how to block them?: I've experienced today a control takeover on my pc as i was doing my business, the hacker started typing chinese, opened a lot of windows, used the mouse. I've shut down the pc immediately and deactivated the WIFI. I've ran anti-malware scans but nothing to report here. I've...
  3. Someone has a remote access to my PC, how to block them?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Someone has a remote access to my PC, how to block them?: I've experienced today a control takeover on my pc as i was doing my business, the hacker started typing chinese, opened a lot of windows, used the mouse. I've shut down the pc immediately and deactivated the WIFI. I've ran anti-malware scans but nothing to report here. I've...
  4. Someone has a remote access to my PC, how to block them?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Remotely accessing pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remotely accessing pc: Hi so I have 2 computers a windows 10 desktop and a windows 10 laptop with the same microsoft account log in on both and I want to use remote desktop to get into my laptop and vice versa but every time I try to it gives me an error message saying "Your computer could not...
  6. Remotely accessing pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remotely accessing pc: Hi so I have 2 computers a windows 10 desktop and a windows 10 laptop with the same microsoft account log in on both and I want to use remote desktop to get into my laptop and vice versa but every time I try to it gives me an error message saying "Your computer could not...
  7. Remotely accessing pc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. I think someone has remote access to my PC

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I think someone has remote access to my PC: i tried to delete some files from my pc and i got this error [ATTACH] The only user I have is "PC" which is the one i created . went to event viewer and i found this [ATTACH] What should i do now? i also found that someone has made an account for some farmers dating...
  9. remote access my pc over the internet

remote access my pc over the internet: remote access my pc over the internet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-access-my-pc-over-the-internet/910a7c32-c936-4c27-837f-8975a1cc5208
  10. Someone has Remoted into a PC on my network!

Someone has Remoted into a PC on my network!: I have an urgent situation. I have several PC at home on a network. I'm lazy so I use Real VNC from one PC, to hit my other PC on the netork (all password protected). I VNC onto one of my PC and noticed the lock/logon screen was up, and a message "The PC is logged on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. The SNMP Service encountered an error while accessing the registry key SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SNMP\Parameters\TrapConfiguration.