Windows 10: Malware or legit file

Discus and support Malware or legit file in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Is this a real windows file? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/malware-or-legit-file/97333b49-73be-4ebd-ad21-cd47aea47253" Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Ron Craig 961, May 16, 2019.

1. Malware or legit file

Is this a real windows file?

Malware or legit file ce75e6bd-70d2-43e6-929e-146bd56f980e?upload=true.png

:)

Ron Craig 961, May 16, 2019
  2. newtekie1 Win User

sourceforge bundles malware

From the main Filezilla Sourceforge page you can also browse the files, this is usually used for downloading older versions but you can download the latest version as well through there. At the top right of the file list is an option to switch to "Direct Download Link" to On. So anything you download from the file list will be the actual file, not the malware filled Sourceforge installer.

newtekie1, May 16, 2019
  3. Le Boule Win User
    Le Boule, May 16, 2019
  4. Boatvan Win User

Malware or legit file

Did our Epson printer get hacked?

Another question, is this on a home network or a work network? The steps @eidairaman1 listed are always a good first step. If this is on a work network you manage, I'd be much more concerned than the home one. It is possible someone is screwing with you, but malware could also be the culprit.

Boatvan, May 16, 2019
Thema:

Malware or legit file

1. Malware or legit file - Similar Threads - Malware legit file

2. I am afraid that PhotosService.exe is malware or a trojan? is is a legit sofware or false...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I am afraid that PhotosService.exe is malware or a trojan? is is a legit sofware or false...: the file location isC:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.Windows.Photos_2024.11010.10002.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\PhotosServicewhole folder has 4 files in it with Virustotal resultsPhotosService.exe...
  3. I am afraid that PhotosService.exe is malware or a trojan? is is a legit sofware or false...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am afraid that PhotosService.exe is malware or a trojan? is is a legit sofware or false...: the file location isC:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.Windows.Photos_2024.11010.10002.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\PhotosServicewhole folder has 4 files in it with Virustotal resultsPhotosService.exe...
  4. I am afraid that PhotosService.exe is malware or a trojan? is is a legit sofware or false...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Is this legit?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is this legit?: So i buyed yesterday a windows key and when i tried to used it it said that was already used by another person , i contacted the gamivo support and they said to try to activate through cellphone call i did That but it was a bit strange , when i clicked "activate with...
  6. Is this legit?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is this legit?: So i buyed yesterday a windows key and when i tried to used it it said that was already used by another person , i contacted the gamivo support and they said to try to activate through cellphone call i did That but it was a bit strange , when i clicked "activate with...
  7. Malware Files?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Malware Files?: Update to my other post. It got worse. Error Broker and Kernel Broker keeps reinstalling, I cant access any browsers or applications except the ones with auto startup. It says I do not have permission to open them. Files Explorer too, after some time, I get a window popup...
  8. PUP malware detected - is it legit?

PUP malware detected - is it legit?: Hi. I purchased a refurbished computer with Windows 10 Pro, Version 10.0.18363 Build 18363 installed. My anti-malware program keeps finding these two 'threats', which Google tells me are Windows related. Anyone know if they are legit and can be safely ignored, or should they...
  9. Legit way to have Windows Defender recognize application as non malware

Legit way to have Windows Defender recognize application as non malware: Hi, Is there a proper channel a developer can go through to register their application as a legit software and not a malware? Our application opens our custom project which is made up of lots of xml files 20,000 to 100,000 files and everytime we open a project, Windows...
  10. Are these files Malware?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Are these files Malware?: I woud like to know how to delete 2 files in my temp files folder and if they are dangerous. The first one is DBUtil_2_3.sys. It only shows up sometimes. The secone is CR_0EDE.tmp. They don't automa tically delete when I check all the files in the temp folder indicating I...