Windows 10: Malware probably deleted my virus and threat protection tab at Windows Security. How do I...

Discus and support Malware probably deleted my virus and threat protection tab at Windows Security. How do I... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Some weeks ago I saw I didn't have the virus and threat protection tab on my Windows Security. I tried searching for the cause and tried a lot of stuff... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Bob Freckle, Feb 28, 2020.

1. Malware probably deleted my virus and threat protection tab at Windows Security. How do I...

Some weeks ago I saw I didn't have the virus and threat protection tab on my Windows Security. I tried searching for the cause and tried a lot of stuff register-editor, gpedit.msc etc etc and came to the conclusion that malware was probably the cause. I installed TotalAV and did a full system scam and did indeed find some malware on my pc and deleted them all. The problem still remains that my virus and threat protection is gone though, so my question is: Is there a way to get it back? If so, how?

:)

Bob Freckle, Feb 28, 2020

2. No Virus and Threat Protection Tab

Hello,

Open Group Policy snap-in by running gpedit.msc command.

Go to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Defender Security Center > Virus and threat protection.

Set 'Hide the Virus and threat protection area' setting to Not Configured.

Let us know if this helps!

Kapil Arya MVP, Feb 28, 2020
  3. JCH54 Win User
    virus and threat protection

Virus and threat protection has stopped and will not restart, Windows 10 ver 1709, antimalware client ver 4.12.16299.15 . SuperAntiSpyware installed.

I have tried most of the suggestions from the support pages, all have been ineffective. Any suggestions

Moved from: Virus and Malware / Windows Defender / Updating Virus and Spyware Definitions / Windows 10

JCH54, Feb 28, 2020
  4. Malware probably deleted my virus and threat protection tab at Windows Security. How do I...

Windows security Virus & threat protection.

Windows security Virus & threat protection tells me that "Your Virus & threat protection is managed by your organization" Something is wrong since I don't have an organization. Please help

Charles RKetron, Feb 28, 2020
Thema:

Malware probably deleted my virus and threat protection tab at Windows Security. How do I...

1. Malware probably deleted my virus and threat protection tab at Windows Security. How do I... - Similar Threads - Malware probably deleted

2. Virus and threat protection tab missing.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Virus and threat protection tab missing.: This is not a question but a solution to this problem, my laptop for some reason didn't show the virus and threat tab that you would normally find in the Windows Security settings; after countless hours of research, I tried every single "solution" I found: "go to group...
  3. Virus/ Threat Protection in Windows Security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virus/ Threat Protection in Windows Security: My Virus/ Threat Protection in Windows Security will not load.Circle just spins. Thanks, J https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/virus-threat-protection-in-windows-security/3e8c49f0-f3d3-49c2-ae5d-276fbb032981
  4. virus threat protection on in windows security

virus threat protection on in windows security: why can't I turn virus threat protection on in windows security https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virus-threat-protection-on-in-windows-security/4b908ecd-e61d-41d4-b711-80cbe629d7d3
  5. How do I turn on my virus and threat protection?

How do I turn on my virus and threat protection?: Whenever I go on it says that it is managed by my organization and I don't know what that means because I don't belong to one https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-on-my-virus-and-threat-protection/b46170fe-1721-4770-b738-a69a9815589a
  6. Windows security Virus & threat protection.

Windows security Virus & threat protection.: Windows security Virus & threat protection tells me that "Your Virus & threat protection is managed by your organization" Something is wrong since I don't have an organization. Please help...
  7. No Virus and Threat Protection Tab

in Windows 10 Customization
    No Virus and Threat Protection Tab: So, I want to use Adobe Premiere Pro but my computer keeps saying the same thing. Could not find the shared documents directory. I looked up the problem and found that there this thing in windows 10 security that stops you from opening shared files but it's an easy fix....
  8. Windows Security Virus and threat protection

Windows Security Virus and threat protection: Something's wrong with the windows security scanners. Both the quick and full scan is not fully working properly. They only scan up to 49 files not complete the whole job they were designed to do. Once it reaches 49 the notification says the scan is complete. I need to know...
  9. Windows Security Virus and threat protection

Windows Security Virus and threat protection: Something's wrong with the windows security scanners. Both the quick and full scan is not fully working properly. They only scan up to 49 files not complete the whole job they were designed to do. Once it reaches 49 the notification says the scan is complete. I need to know...
  10. security - virus & threat protection

security - virus & threat protection: My computer is showing virus & threat protection is managed by my organization. We are a small office and each computer should only have Windows Defender running. We also had Malwarebytes. I deleted Malwarebytes but now I cannot run Defender. I don't see any other...