Windows 10: Malware Ransom Threat

Discus and support Malware Ransom Threat in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I received a ransom request a few months ago via email. I ignored and deleted it expecting it was not real. I received the following threat this... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Niche_IS, May 1, 2019.

1. Niche_IS Win User

Malware Ransom Threat

I received a ransom request a few months ago via email. I ignored and deleted it expecting it was not real. I received the following threat this morning......I removed the password for security reasons, but the hacker knew my password. I have since installed Kaspersky Total Security and Malwarebytes. What else should I do? Can this hacker be tracked and brought to justice?

Hello!

This is important information for you!

Some months ago I hacked your OS and got full access to your account *** Email address is removed for privacy *** On day of hack your account *** Email address is removed for privacy *** has password: ########

So, you can change the password, yes.. Or already changed... But my malware intercepts it every time.

How I made it:

In the software of the router, through which you went online, was a vulnerability. I used it...

If you interested you can read about it: CVE-2019-1663 - a vulnerability in the web-based management interface of the Cisco routers.

I just hacked this router and placed my malicious code on it.

When you went online, my trojan was installed on the OS of your device.

After that, I made a full backup of your disk (I have all your address book, history of viewing sites, all files, phone numbers and addresses of all your contacts).

A month ago, I wanted to lock your device and ask for a not big amount of btc to unlock.

But I looked at the sites that you regularly visit, and I was shocked by what I saw!!!

I'm talk you about sites for adults.

I want to say - you are a BIG pervert. Your fantasy is shifted far away from the normal course!

And I got an idea....

I made a screenshot of the adult sites where you have fun (do you understand what it is about, huh?).

After that, I made a screenshot of your joys (using the camera of your device) and glued them together.

Turned out amazing! You are so spectacular!

I'm know that you would not like to show these screenshots to your friends, relatives or colleagues.

I think $725 is a very, very small amount for my silence.

Besides, I have been spying on you for so long, having spent a lot of time!

Pay ONLY in Bitcoins!

My BTC wallet: 1GLvEgpHZxBMhkcoUXP69owPTbHs51mHGe

You do not know how to use bitcoins?

Enter a query in any search engine: "how to replenish btc wallet".

It's extremely easy

For this payment I give you two days (48 hours).

As soon as this letter is opened, the timer will work.

After payment, my virus and dirty screenshots with your enjoys will be self-destruct automatically.

If I do not receive from you the specified amount, then your device will be locked, and all your contacts will receive a screenshots with your "enjoys".

I hope you understand your situation.

- Do not try to find and destroy my virus! (All your data, files and screenshots is already uploaded to a remote server)

- Do not try to contact me (you yourself will see that this is impossible, the sender address is automatically generated)

- Various security services will not help you; formatting a disk or destroying a device will not help, since your data is already on a remote server.

P.S. You are not my single victim. so, I guarantee you that I will not disturb you again after payment!

This is the word of honor hacker

I also ask you to regularly update your antiviruses in the future. This way you will no longer fall into a similar situation.

Do not hold evil! I just good do my job.

Good luck.

:)

Niche_IS, May 1, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Microsoft Advanced Threat Analytics - NotPetya malware

Source: Advanced Threat Analytics security research network technical analysis: NotPetya Microsoft Secure

Brink, May 1, 2019
  3. djbbenn Win User
    New Trojan that Demands a Ransom

There is a new virus out there discovered by virus hunters known as "Cryzip". The Trojan encrypts your files and then demands a $300 ransom for the decryption password to get your files back. After encrypting the files, the virus leaves a nice step-by-step guide of how to go about paying the ransom off. It's supposedly spread through email Spam, and has successfully evaded anti-virus scanners.

Source: eWeek

djbbenn, May 1, 2019
  4. Borg 386 Win User

Malware Ransom Threat

Trojan malware: The hidden cyber threat to your PC

Trojan malware: The hidden cyber threat to your PC | ZDNet

Borg 386, May 1, 2019
Thema:

Malware Ransom Threat

1. Malware Ransom Threat - Similar Threads - Malware Ransom Threat

2. Malware Ransom and TouchScreen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Malware Ransom and TouchScreen: China hacked US business equipments and are planting destructive malwares for our intellectual properties. Disabling isnt enough. Go to the registry and completely wipe out all malware monitoring device. It'll look like someone is moving your mouse but if you use touchscreen,...
  3. Help needed for removing .Foop ransom malware from my PC

Help needed for removing .Foop ransom malware from my PC: Please help me to restore files with .Foop ransom malware from my PC... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/help-needed-for-removing-foop-ransom-malware-from/c902f2da-2951-412b-98c8-e03774967574
  4. RANSOM WARE

RANSOM WARE: I got this today after installing a note pad. Any direction would be appreciated All your files are Encrypted! For data recovery needs decryptor. How to buy decryptor: ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- | 1....
  5. Ransom Ware

Ransom Ware: I have a family member with a pc running MSW 10. She turned the pc on today and you hear a voice claming his from Microsoft and so as to save the internet you must contact him at a phone number with a credit card. Turning the pc off dos not fix it. HELP!...
  6. Could 'Sharex' be a malware threat? how to remove?

Could 'Sharex' be a malware threat? how to remove?: windows 10, 1809, Hp desktop I discovered by accident an app that doesn't even exist in the program list, apparently it was a collaboration between MS and Sharex, apparently bundled without the consent of the user. It's ability to 'share' local documents and the likes via...
  7. ransome ware

ransome ware: i have had 2 threatening emails stating they know my password which they give, but not the complete one.they say they have hacked my emails and other files and they want payment in dollars to stop it. should this have been picked up by defender?...
  8. Malware threats

Malware threats: I have just received two emails threatening me with the elimination of all of my data if I do not provide 900 Euros in bit coin. How can I verify that this is a legitimate threat and how did it pass through Defender' protection, if valid?...
  9. General question - Malware or virus threat

General question - Malware or virus threat: Hello, On turning-on my computer, first thing is updating antivirus (AVG), scan computer, and if I download anything, first is to scan it with the antivirus. Recently I attached an external usb disk (new, clean and empty) and to free some disk space moved many files to the...
  10. Microsoft Advanced Threat Analytics - NotPetya malware

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Advanced Threat Analytics - NotPetya malware: On June 27, 2017 reports on a new variant of Petya (which was later referred to as NotPetya) malware infection began spreading across the globe. It seems the malware’s initial infection delivered via the “M.E.doc” update service, a Ukrainian finance application. Based on our...