Windows 10: Malware regarding old passwords (SCAM EMAIL)

Discus and support Malware regarding old passwords (SCAM EMAIL) in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Yesterday and this morning I received 2 separate emails containing sensitive information that is well out of date (maybe 6 or 7 years old), but it... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Damian.Ferm, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Malware regarding old passwords (SCAM EMAIL)

Yesterday and this morning I received 2 separate emails containing sensitive information that is well out of date (maybe 6 or 7 years old), but it still worries me that this information is available to these scammers. How would I go about finding where they got this information without contacting the scammer directly? Would them having access to this information violate the GDPR of Europe?

Thanks.

:)

Damian.Ferm, Dec 3, 2018
  2. 7.62 Win User

Email clients not remembering passwords

Hi all

A friends computer will not remember his gmail password. He used to use outlook, and seeing that I use thunderbird and it would be easier to troubleshoot I installed that for him. Now that was working for a few weeks, and now the same problem is occuring.

We are 100% sure the password is correct, as we can access the email account through webmail, but the local clients will not remember the correct password. Of course the 'Remember password' button is checked, but still no good.

It returns with incorrect password.

Any suggestions?

7.62, Dec 3, 2018
  3. Desiree Yau, Dec 3, 2018
Thema:

Malware regarding old passwords (SCAM EMAIL)

1. Malware regarding old passwords (SCAM EMAIL) - Similar Threads - Malware regarding old

2. Malware Scam

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Malware Scam: How do I talk to someone at Microsoft about a malware scam and people masquerading as Microsoft security personnel? This is urgent. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/malware-scam/dd7e742c-28ee-4c5e-b6bc-bdcafa09e7ee
  3. Scam Email??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scam Email??: I revived this email however I DID Not Renew or Sign Up for Anything. I'm thinking it is a Scam. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scam-email/7586457e-1f75-46d0-991a-33466a9cc526
  4. password reset email - is it a scam?

password reset email - is it a scam?: Hi I have received a reset password email apparently from Microsoft. I have logged into to Microsoft NOT through the email link and reset my password. This then generated a new email, attached to the first one, in a thread. However, this account while set up is not in...
  5. Scam email regarding windows defender invoice

Scam email regarding windows defender invoice: I presume this is a scam as it is saying you are tsking 400 dollars as a yearly fee https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/scam-email-regarding-windows-defender-invoice/27d04a92-92ee-4e74-8ef5-f08de752b60e
  6. Regarding a Defender firewall auto renewal email - Is it a scam?

Regarding a Defender firewall auto renewal email - Is it a scam?: Hello , I received the following email on August 13th 2020 from Microsoft team and I wanted to know whether its a genuine email from microsoft or not. I really need help as I am touch with these people and I did what they said. Please reply and help me out asap and also...
  7. Old email and password

in Windows 10 Customization
    Old email and password: I set up my original Microsoft and Xbox account with another email address *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. It no longer exists and I do not remember the password. I am unable to use my Microsoft Jigsaw and Solitaire games. It keeps asking for the password for...
  8. Re Potential Scam email regarding Windows 10

Re Potential Scam email regarding Windows 10: Hello there. I just got a new computer that is Windows based and logged on into it and then a few days ago, I received this message. Did you send it to me or is it a scam? if it is legit, someone hacked my new computer when I logged into Windows. If you could please clarify...
  9. email scam?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    email scam?: I've been receiving emails stating my Windows10 will expire soon. Is this a legit email? Also is there a phone number for support? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-scam/fd20a1ff-bf69-4278-8089-b23decf709dd
  10. Scam email?

Scam email?: I received the following unsolicited email. Is this a scam/phishing? Microsoft account password reset Inbox x [ATTACH] Microsoft account team <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***> Nov 19, 2018, 4:28 PM (7 days ago) [IMG] [IMG] to me [IMG] Microsoft account...