Windows 10: Malware removal

Discus and support Malware removal in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello. I am running Windows 10. I had a pop up take over my screen while online, using Firefox. It started talking to me and telling me I was under... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JonMcD2, Sep 6, 2018.

1. JonMcD2 Win User

Malware removal

Hello. I am running Windows 10. I had a pop up take over my screen while online, using Firefox. It started talking to me and telling me I was under attack, etc. Figured it was ransomware and shut down pc immediately. I have run scans using Defender, AVG, Avast, Spybot, and Malwarebytes. Nothing comes up. But I continue to get notifications from Defender saying "Unauthorized changes blocked. Controlled folder access blocked." I can't figure out how to find and remove whatever this is. Any ideas?

:)

JonMcD2, Sep 6, 2018

2. Best way to remove problem Malware

Hi There,

I am trying to remove a bundle of Malware without success.

There is a bundle of listed programs which I try to uninstall through the typical Control Panel effort, but they remain listed there:

Buenosearch Toolbar
    MyPC Backup
    PC Performer
    Speed Test 127
    UnknownFile

I was looking at this weblink which provides a 5 step process for Buenosearch alone:
    http://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-bueno-search/

Not sure how much certain guides can be trusted. One of the first things I read was to download Revo Uninstaller, and I've not heard of it so I'm not sure if it's trustworthy..........

radioraheem, Sep 7, 2018
  3. removal of sidecubes malware

Do not get SpyHunter. It's just as bad as the malware you have,

Follow the steps here.

https://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-sidecubes-virus/

If it is not listed in the Control Panel, or it can't be removed there, move on to step 2. HitmanPro might not be needed.

Bruce Hagen, Sep 7, 2018
  4. Malware removal

Best way to remove problem Malware

Hi There,

I am trying to remove a bundle of Malware without success.

There is a bundle of listed programs which I try to uninstall through the typical Control Panel effort, but they remain listed there:

Buenosearch Toolbar
    MyPC Backup
    PC Performer
    Speed Test 127
    UnknownFile

I was looking at this weblink which provides a 5 step process for Buenosearch alone:
    http://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-bueno-search/

Not sure how much certain guides can be trusted. One of the first things I read was to download Revo Uninstaller, and I've not heard of it so I'm not sure if it's trustworthy..........

radioraheem, Sep 7, 2018
  5. removal of sidecubes malware

Do not get SpyHunter. It's just as bad as the malware you have,

Follow the steps here.

https://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-sidecubes-virus/

If it is not listed in the Control Panel, or it can't be removed there, move on to step 2. HitmanPro might not be needed.

Bruce Hagen, Sep 7, 2018
  6. Guest5 Win User
    Malware removal

Understood, OldMike. I will keep your suggestion in mind. I always appreciate suggestions from those who know more than I do. I think the Malware did do more than one scan, because I had to approve removal of what it found twice. I don't see Windows Defender on the list of programs. I think it was on there before they redid the software. Pluto TV also disappeared.

Guest5, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

Malware removal

1. Malware removal - Similar Threads - Malware removal

2. All Executables close - after Malware removal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All Executables close - after Malware removal: Defender found and cleared the following Malware: Trojan PDF Phish MSR,, Trojan Phonzy, Trojan Wacatac. However I am not able to run any executable such as EventVwr, MSConfig, or even Reset PC - the executable runs and closes. This is happening for any executable on the PC. I...
  3. All Executables close - after Malware removal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All Executables close - after Malware removal: Defender found and cleared the following Malware: Trojan PDF Phish MSR,, Trojan Phonzy, Trojan Wacatac. However I am not able to run any executable such as EventVwr, MSConfig, or even Reset PC - the executable runs and closes. This is happening for any executable on the PC. I...
  4. How to remove malware?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove malware?: I recently downloaded an exe file and i am pretty sure i have a virus or malware on my pc now, every time i open my pc now i notice that the temperature is high for no reason and its sounds louder. The first thing i did is try to download an antivirus but every time i tried...
  5. How to remove malware?

How to remove malware?: I recently downloaded an exe file and i am pretty sure i have a virus or malware on my pc now, every time i open my pc now i notice that the temperature is high for no reason and its sounds louder. The first thing i did is try to download an antivirus but every time i tried...
  6. Troubleshooting Malware Removal: Seeking Help After PC Crashes Post-Tron.bat Execution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Troubleshooting Malware Removal: Seeking Help After PC Crashes Post-Tron.bat Execution: Hello,Last night, around 12 AM, I attempted to remove malware from my computer. Initially, I ran a scan with Microsoft Windows Defender, but it didn't detect any threats. So, I decided to try MalwareBytes instead. After using MalwareBytes, it detected some malicious items,...
  7. Troubleshooting Malware Removal: Seeking Help After PC Crashes Post-Tron.bat Execution

Troubleshooting Malware Removal: Seeking Help After PC Crashes Post-Tron.bat Execution: Hello,Last night, around 12 AM, I attempted to remove malware from my computer. Initially, I ran a scan with Microsoft Windows Defender, but it didn't detect any threats. So, I decided to try MalwareBytes instead. After using MalwareBytes, it detected some malicious items,...
  8. I need help with malware removal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help with malware removal: I have a trojan/Spyware on my laptop. I found it by accident when I was doing a clean up with glary utilities. I'd have never found it bc the Trojan is hidden and hides itself in a Sys file. Now I did a factory reset and just saw it's still there. I got an hp laptop.i ran now...
  9. I need help with malware removal

I need help with malware removal: I have a trojan/Spyware on my laptop. I found it by accident when I was doing a clean up with glary utilities. I'd have never found it bc the Trojan is hidden and hides itself in a Sys file. Now I did a factory reset and just saw it's still there. I got an hp laptop.i ran now...
  10. Windows Defender reports malware, but cannot remove it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender reports malware, but cannot remove it.: Windows Defender reports malware, but cannot remove it. Event Viewer shows attempts, Defender "start actions" does not remove malware and a scan reveals the same threats. Event Viewer says Defender had a critical issue, throws 0x80508032.Have run FRST and have the two...