Windows 10: Malware removal

Discus and support Malware removal in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello. I am running Windows 10. I had a pop up take over my screen while online, using Firefox. It started talking to me and telling me I was under... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JonMcD2, Sep 6, 2018.

1. JonMcD2 Win User

Malware removal

Hello. I am running Windows 10. I had a pop up take over my screen while online, using Firefox. It started talking to me and telling me I was under attack, etc. Figured it was ransomware and shut down pc immediately. I have run scans using Defender, AVG, Avast, Spybot, and Malwarebytes. Nothing comes up. But I continue to get notifications from Defender saying "Unauthorized changes blocked. Controlled folder access blocked." I can't figure out how to find and remove whatever this is. Any ideas?

:)

JonMcD2, Sep 6, 2018

2. Best way to remove problem Malware

Hi There,

I am trying to remove a bundle of Malware without success.

There is a bundle of listed programs which I try to uninstall through the typical Control Panel effort, but they remain listed there:

Buenosearch Toolbar
    MyPC Backup
    PC Performer
    Speed Test 127
    UnknownFile

I was looking at this weblink which provides a 5 step process for Buenosearch alone:
    http://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-bueno-search/

Not sure how much certain guides can be trusted. One of the first things I read was to download Revo Uninstaller, and I've not heard of it so I'm not sure if it's trustworthy..........

radioraheem, Sep 7, 2018
  3. removal of sidecubes malware

Do not get SpyHunter. It's just as bad as the malware you have,

Follow the steps here.

https://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-sidecubes-virus/

If it is not listed in the Control Panel, or it can't be removed there, move on to step 2. HitmanPro might not be needed.

Bruce Hagen, Sep 7, 2018
  4. Malware removal

Best way to remove problem Malware

Hi There,

I am trying to remove a bundle of Malware without success.

There is a bundle of listed programs which I try to uninstall through the typical Control Panel effort, but they remain listed there:

Buenosearch Toolbar
    MyPC Backup
    PC Performer
    Speed Test 127
    UnknownFile

I was looking at this weblink which provides a 5 step process for Buenosearch alone:
    http://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-bueno-search/

Not sure how much certain guides can be trusted. One of the first things I read was to download Revo Uninstaller, and I've not heard of it so I'm not sure if it's trustworthy..........

radioraheem, Sep 7, 2018
  5. removal of sidecubes malware

Do not get SpyHunter. It's just as bad as the malware you have,

Follow the steps here.

https://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-sidecubes-virus/

If it is not listed in the Control Panel, or it can't be removed there, move on to step 2. HitmanPro might not be needed.

Bruce Hagen, Sep 7, 2018
  6. Guest5 Win User
    Malware removal

Understood, OldMike. I will keep your suggestion in mind. I always appreciate suggestions from those who know more than I do. I think the Malware did do more than one scan, because I had to approve removal of what it found twice. I don't see Windows Defender on the list of programs. I think it was on there before they redid the software. Pluto TV also disappeared.

Guest5, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

Malware removal

1. Malware removal - Similar Threads - Malware removal

2. is WebCompanion Malware or PUP and was uninstalling/removing this program enough or should...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    is WebCompanion Malware or PUP and was uninstalling/removing this program enough or should...: Another question this time about a program that used to be on my PC called WebCompanion. I cant remember when I got it but I have since the found and removed the program as did not remember ever installing any programs by that name and found out it was a threat through a full...
  3. Does factory resetting windows 10 remove malware?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Does factory resetting windows 10 remove malware?: I might have gotten some malware on my 1month old pc. I have tried using malwarebytes and windows defender to scan for any viruses but both came up negative. However, since both were free software I was still skeptical. I was extremely paranoid because I might have just gave...
  4. How to remove this malware called, "Windows 10", and get back my precious Windows 8.1 that...

How to remove this malware called, "Windows 10", and get back my precious Windows 8.1 that...: How do I remove this vicious malware "Windows 10"? It was forcefully installed on my computer, is there any way to get rid of it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-to-remove-this-malware-called-windows-10-and/e5f87444-6f38-41d1-819b-c1e9aa73be2c
  5. Malware removal

Malware removal: Hello today i was checking task manager and found out that half of the RAM resourses were used somewhere and found out that trojan type malware have been dowanloadet on my PC and now i was wondering how to remove it the folder it resdies in has no stuff in it and it messed...
  6. Microsoft Code-Signing PCA "not valid" and Malware removal tool says this file is malware

Microsoft Code-Signing PCA "not valid" and Malware removal tool says this file is malware: My laptop was slow of late so i ran a malware scanner and removal tool. It found an object with a .tmp extension and said that "the digital signature on this file is invalid. Program is altered or corrupted since it was code signed by its author. This is typical for...
  7. The Malware Remover tells me a Microsoft Time-Stamp Service file is suspicious, what do I do?

The Malware Remover tells me a Microsoft Time-Stamp Service file is suspicious, what do I do?: My laptop was slow of late so i ran a malware scanner and removal tool. It found an object with a .tmp extension and said that "the digital signature on this file is invalid. Program is altered or corrupted since it was code signed by its author. This is typical for...
  8. MS Malware removal tool

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MS Malware removal tool: Hello, On the site "MS Malware removal tool", there is a new tool version 5.87 4 days ago, but the downloaded file is an old version "Windows-KB890830-x64-V5.86.exe". Unreliable site. Where is the new version? Answers will be appreciated. Thanks Motim...
  9. How to remove Internet-start Adware or Malware or Browser Hijacker, I don't know what it is?

How to remove Internet-start Adware or Malware or Browser Hijacker, I don't know what it is?: So I installed DriverPack Solution 17 to check and update the outdated drivers of my Sony Vaio Laptop. But while updating the drivers an Adware or Malware or Browser Hijacker, I don't know what it is named Internet-start was installed accidentally. I scanned my whole system...
  10. How To Remove Svchost.exe malware

How To Remove Svchost.exe malware: Hello , my name is Maheswara,i have question . How to remove svchost.exe in windows 10 ? I Dont know svchost.exe is virus or not but i have photo about Svchost.exe. how to fix it?[IMG]...