Windows 10: Malware removal

Discus and support Malware removal in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Okay, gang, the computer illiterate is back. I have voices doing commercials coming from my computer even when I'm offline. I assume it's some sort of... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Amadeus51, Feb 10, 2016.

1. Amadeus51 Win User

Malware removal

Okay, gang, the computer illiterate is back. I have voices doing commercials coming from my computer even when I'm offline. I assume it's some sort of Malware. I bought and DL McAfee, but I can't get it to either scan or open. It says it updated and I needed to reboot, which I did. But nothing is happening. Any ideas how to get the program to work?

:)

Amadeus51, Feb 10, 2016
  2. Bruce Hagen, Feb 10, 2016
  3. lacrumb Win User
    Malware removal

Download and install Malwarebytes and run that.

It works well on Windows 10.

lacrumb, Feb 10, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

Malware removal

No guarantees it will solve ALL your problems.
    However, for malware removal, nothing is better than Malwarebytes, in my opinon.
    Here is the link to download.
    Scroll down to the bottom and Download the Free version first and run it.
    If you like it , you can buy the Premium version later.
    I use the free version for at least 3 years now. It works great for me.

https://www.malwarebytes.org/antimal..._medium=social

Adding.....................
    Malwarebytes is probably only the 1st of many other steps to solve your problems.
    You might have inadvertently installed something pretty bad.
    I am no expert on this subject matter.
    My contribution to your query stops here.

davidhk, Feb 10, 2016
  5. simrick Win User
    Start with @davidhk 's suggestion of Malwarebytes antimalware. Run the "full" scan until it comes up clean (may take 2-3 runs). Reboot, and see if the problems return. If they do, you've got a rootkit, and need to run some other tools. Post back here and we'll guide you.

simrick, Feb 10, 2016
  6. Amadeus51 Win User
    I have already DL that item and run the scan. When I checked my McAfee listing, it seemed to say that it was for Win7, not 10. I couldn't find a separate DL for 10. Am I missing something?

Amadeus51, Feb 10, 2016
  7. OldMike65 Win User
    Did you download Malwarebytes?? Did you do a complete scan??? Mcafee is not as good......you were asked to use Malwarebytes.... Mike...

A 2nd option to try is Hitman Pro its only free to use for 30 days thou

OldMike65, Feb 10, 2016
  8. Amadeus51 Win User

Malware removal

Yes, I DL that program and ran it as a full scan. The voices I was hearing do not seem to have returned, so it would appear that the solution worked. Still need to make sure I have a working AV, tho'. Thanks for the help to everyone.

Amadeus51, Feb 10, 2016
  9. OldMike65 Win User
    If I was you, I would keep Malwarebytes on your computer, its free. Most of us use it, I bought it long time ago myself.
    Glad you fixed your problem too!!!! *Thumbs

OldMike65, Feb 10, 2016
  10. AnEdge Win User
    Just curious, after the scan was completed did it say it found infections?

AnEdge, Feb 10, 2016
  11. davidhk Win User
    I assume you paid for the McAfee. Suggesting to you to uninstall it may be out of the question.
    Continue to use McAfee, but keep Malwarebytes as your On-Demand Protection. It will not run until you open it. Once a week, run a Quick scan to make sure the computer is healthy. That's all you need to do with it.
    I have been, for 3 years, running Windows Defender as my Real-Time Protection and Malwarebytes as my On-Demand Protection. I have no issues at all.

Last comment :
    No security program is 100% fool-proof if the user is careless in internet surfing.
    Use proper discretion and observe the "dos" and "don'ts" of internet surfing.
    Don't get suckered/coerced into installing something until you come to a forum such as this and ask if it is any good, if it is legit or a rogue.

Give the computer a few days and see if the issue is truly gone or not.
    If no more issue after a few days, then please come back and give us an update and mark this thread as Solved.

Thank you.

davidhk, Feb 10, 2016
  12. Amadeus51 Win User
    I intend to keep the Malwarebytes, it listed a whole bunch of items it found. I need the McAfee more for the AV protection than anything else. It was originally installed on the computer when I got it, but everything had to be erased and redone when the original software went bad.

Amadeus51, Feb 10, 2016
  13. Amadeus51 Win User

Malware removal

Oh, I just rechecked. I reloaded the McAfee, now it's listed as up and running. Thanks for all the help. Learning to use Win10 is like learning a new language....and I'm not good with languages.

Amadeus51, Feb 10, 2016
  14. AnEdge Win User
    That's good the MBAM found all the crap. I would ditch McAfee (uses too much resources) and go with Avast free with Malwarebytes anti exploit added. Good duo IMO. Also it wouldn't hurt to run another scan with MBAM.

AnEdge, Feb 10, 2016
  15. OldMike65 Win User
    Ok understand, you also paid for this version too, If I understand correctly? I would suggest after your subscription runs out you might want to use Windows Defender at that point, as it is just as good as your McAfee and comes with your Windows 10 for FREE. Just a suggestion for you to think about. *Smile

OldMike65, Feb 10, 2016
Thema:

Malware removal

1. Malware removal - Similar Threads - Malware removal

2. All Executables close - after Malware removal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All Executables close - after Malware removal: Defender found and cleared the following Malware: Trojan PDF Phish MSR,, Trojan Phonzy, Trojan Wacatac. However I am not able to run any executable such as EventVwr, MSConfig, or even Reset PC - the executable runs and closes. This is happening for any executable on the PC. I...
  3. All Executables close - after Malware removal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All Executables close - after Malware removal: Defender found and cleared the following Malware: Trojan PDF Phish MSR,, Trojan Phonzy, Trojan Wacatac. However I am not able to run any executable such as EventVwr, MSConfig, or even Reset PC - the executable runs and closes. This is happening for any executable on the PC. I...
  4. How to remove malware?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove malware?: I recently downloaded an exe file and i am pretty sure i have a virus or malware on my pc now, every time i open my pc now i notice that the temperature is high for no reason and its sounds louder. The first thing i did is try to download an antivirus but every time i tried...
  5. How to remove malware?

How to remove malware?: I recently downloaded an exe file and i am pretty sure i have a virus or malware on my pc now, every time i open my pc now i notice that the temperature is high for no reason and its sounds louder. The first thing i did is try to download an antivirus but every time i tried...
  6. Troubleshooting Malware Removal: Seeking Help After PC Crashes Post-Tron.bat Execution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Troubleshooting Malware Removal: Seeking Help After PC Crashes Post-Tron.bat Execution: Hello,Last night, around 12 AM, I attempted to remove malware from my computer. Initially, I ran a scan with Microsoft Windows Defender, but it didn't detect any threats. So, I decided to try MalwareBytes instead. After using MalwareBytes, it detected some malicious items,...
  7. Troubleshooting Malware Removal: Seeking Help After PC Crashes Post-Tron.bat Execution

Troubleshooting Malware Removal: Seeking Help After PC Crashes Post-Tron.bat Execution: Hello,Last night, around 12 AM, I attempted to remove malware from my computer. Initially, I ran a scan with Microsoft Windows Defender, but it didn't detect any threats. So, I decided to try MalwareBytes instead. After using MalwareBytes, it detected some malicious items,...
  8. I need help with malware removal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help with malware removal: I have a trojan/Spyware on my laptop. I found it by accident when I was doing a clean up with glary utilities. I'd have never found it bc the Trojan is hidden and hides itself in a Sys file. Now I did a factory reset and just saw it's still there. I got an hp laptop.i ran now...
  9. I need help with malware removal

I need help with malware removal: I have a trojan/Spyware on my laptop. I found it by accident when I was doing a clean up with glary utilities. I'd have never found it bc the Trojan is hidden and hides itself in a Sys file. Now I did a factory reset and just saw it's still there. I got an hp laptop.i ran now...
  10. Windows Defender reports malware, but cannot remove it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender reports malware, but cannot remove it.: Windows Defender reports malware, but cannot remove it. Event Viewer shows attempts, Defender "start actions" does not remove malware and a scan reveals the same threats. Event Viewer says Defender had a critical issue, throws 0x80508032.Have run FRST and have the two...