Windows 10: Malware, Reset PC, Sudden Major Sluggish Speeds

Discus and support Malware, Reset PC, Sudden Major Sluggish Speeds in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Here's a story...a few days ago I got hit with malware. Someone got ahold of my PayPal information and tried to buy some things. I'm getting those... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Moppu, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Moppu Win User

Malware, Reset PC, Sudden Major Sluggish Speeds

Here's a story...a few days ago I got hit with malware. Someone got ahold of my PayPal information and tried to buy some things. I'm getting those taken care of.

Meanwhile...back in Windows 10 version 1803 (installed on a 120gb SSD, data installed on 1tb HDD)

After running Avast scans multiple times to find all the malware it could, everything seemed OK. Then I noticed some serious skipping in songs, and sometimes I would get an error somewhere along the lines of "the audio driver crashed." I also had some serious lag in programs and some would frequently become unresponsive. Thinking it could be fixed with a nice "Reset PC," I bit the bullet and enjoyed every minute of trying to reinstall everything.

Now, everything is inexplicably sluggish again. Especially when doing things related to my HDD. Things were absolutely fine one day, then the next was like someone jumped in my computer and installed an invisible bottleneck. Programs becoming unresponsive again...even ending a task would lag.

Could this be related to my malware? I have every driver installed/updated. Think a good ol' complete format and reinstall be in order? Although, I'm thinking that wouldn't fix the HDD lag. It's fairly fragmented but nothing Windows couldn't handle in the past.

Oh, and one last kicker: I spilled a cup of water into my PC maybe a month ago. Rejoice for the top mounted fans! Could everything be starting to kick into serious hardware failures? Things were running fine for quite a while after my failed water cooling attempt (humor!) so things going from good to bad really quick makes me think it's not hardware...but then again. Water. *Mad

:)

Moppu, Oct 8, 2018

2. Best way to remove problem Malware

Hi There,

I am trying to remove a bundle of Malware without success.

There is a bundle of listed programs which I try to uninstall through the typical Control Panel effort, but they remain listed there:

Buenosearch Toolbar
    MyPC Backup
    PC Performer
    Speed Test 127
    UnknownFile

I was looking at this weblink which provides a 5 step process for Buenosearch alone:
    http://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-bueno-search/

Not sure how much certain guides can be trusted. One of the first things I read was to download Revo Uninstaller, and I've not heard of it so I'm not sure if it's trustworthy..........

radioraheem, Oct 8, 2018
  3. Sluggish WiFi Speeds on Desktop

Unfortunately, the steps in the link didn't work.

• I have a TP-Link Archer C8
    • I have Norton Antivirus; I tried disabling both the firewall and anti virus and no luck. My wife's laptop has the same version of Anti virus and no noticable difference in her Internet speeds. Hers also runs Windows 10.
    • I've tried multiple browsers and various video games, but they're all slow. Speed Test is also saying i'm hovering betrween 4 - 9 mbs.
    • Everything's been cleared out.
    The USB i have is an Etekcity AC1200 USB

I can provide any information you need;,

JonCastro28, Oct 8, 2018
  4. Riel Alc Win User

PC Sluggish After Waking From Sleep

Thank you for the update.

"Could it be that their drivers are not compatible with my current Windows build?" - Yes, there's a possibility that's why you're experiencing some performance issue.

Another thing, some users have reported that the possible reason why their computers are sluggish is fast startup (enabled by default). We may try disabling the fast startup, then check if the issue will still occur. To do so, please follow the steps below:

• Open Power Options.
    • Click Choose what the power buttons do.
    • Under Shutdown settings, uncheck Turn on fast startup (recommended).
    • Click Save changes.

And we also suggest checking the Processes and Performance in Task Manager if you feel your computer is sluggish.

We would appreciate an update about how it went.

Riel Alc, Oct 8, 2018
Thema:

1. Malware, Reset PC, Sudden Major Sluggish Speeds - Similar Threads - Malware Reset Sudden

2. PC sluggish

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC sluggish: My PC is not performing well. The apps are slow and sometimes its not responding. The computer is only 2 years old and everytime there is an update I make sure that it will install properly. I dont have problem with the driver I want my PC become reliable but it is working...
  3. PC sluggish

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC sluggish: My PC is not performing well. The apps are slow and sometimes its not responding. The computer is only 2 years old and everytime there is an update I make sure that it will install properly. I dont have problem with the driver I want my PC become reliable but it is working...
  4. Sudden Sluggish Internet Speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sudden Sluggish Internet Speed: Hi, Here's my problem. Over the course of several months, I've noticed a drop in my internet responsiveness. I finally got around to diving into the problem. My first thought was that I picked up a virus. I ran scans with Malware Hunter, Malwarebytes, Spybot Search &...
  5. Sudden Sluggish Internet Speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sudden Sluggish Internet Speed: Hi, Here's my problem. Over the course of several months, I've noticed a drop in my internet responsiveness. I finally got around to diving into the problem. My first thought was that I picked up a virus. I ran scans with Malware Hunter, Malwarebytes, Spybot Search &...
  6. Sudden Sluggish Internet Speed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Sudden and Major PC Problem -BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sudden and Major PC Problem -BSOD: My gaming PC was absolutely fine all day yesterday. Today, I went to do some homework on a website for school, it worked fine for about five minutes, but then, everything stopped responding, I watched my mouse lag as I tried to get different applications to work, and then I...
  8. Malware, Reset PC, Sudden Major Sluggish Speeds

in Windows 10 Support
    Malware, Reset PC, Sudden Major Sluggish Speeds: Here's a story...a few days ago I got hit with malware. Someone got ahold of my PayPal information and tried to buy some things. I'm getting those taken care of. Meanwhile...back in Windows 10 version 1803 (installed on a 120gb SSD, data installed on 1tb HDD) After running...
  9. Windows 10 suddenly sluggish

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 suddenly sluggish: Checked cpu/gpu/hd/memory usage - normal. Changed swap size to recommended - no changes. Ran SFC and fixed everything - still as sluggish. It seems games are running just fine and all, but the general UI and everything else seems so sluggish (the general response time of...
  10. PC suddenly freezing and sluggish.

in Windows 10 Support
    PC suddenly freezing and sluggish.: My Dell Inspiron 580 Desktop PC running Windows 10 was fine when I switched it off but the next day won't work properly. It will eventually boot after about 10 mins to the desktop but if you hove over the start menu or quicklaunch menu you just get the egg timer. I usually...