Windows 10: Malware safe to quarantine/disable?

Discus and support Malware safe to quarantine/disable? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, Recently my laptop will have some pop up from s1.snc.com.ru from time to time and I went to google it and download Malwarebytes Adwcleaner 7.4.1... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by WAmandaW, Oct 21, 2019.

1. WAmandaW Win User

Malware safe to quarantine/disable?

Hi,

Recently my laptop will have some pop up from s1.snc.com.ru from time to time and I went to google it and download Malwarebytes Adwcleaner 7.4.1 and run a scan and discovered that there are PUPs and Adware.

I need some assistance to advice is it alright to quarantine these followings.

Please help. Thank you.
    Malware safe to quarantine/disable? bf2e3b6c-fd31-4e74-b57c-eb04dd0e9aba?upload=true.jpg Malware safe to quarantine/disable? 50149b7e-6861-402c-ae07-9f76304249cc?upload=true.jpg

:)

WAmandaW, Oct 21, 2019

2. Quarantined Trojan:JS/Flafisi.B

Trojan:JS/Flafisi.B threat description

When Windows Defender detects and quarantines a threat you are protected and the quarantined item/file/threat cannot harm your computer anymore. Also: Quarantined items will be removed automatically after some time.

That being said...

Why you cannot find/see a Remove possibility, I do not know.

I'm not a Windows 10/Windows Defender user so I'm not 100 % sure that the below from this site (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/help/antimalware-faq)
    copied/pasted info is correct (later EDIT: info is not correct. See my other replies!):

On Windows Defender Antivirus for Windows 10 version 1703 and later:

• Use the Windows search box to find and open the Windows Defender Security Center
    • Navigate to the Virus & threat protection > Scan history.
    • Under Quarantined threats, select See full history
    Once you have reviewed the quarantined items you can:

• Select Remove all to delete all quarantined software.
    • Select individual files, and then click Remove or
      Restore
    • Select Quarantined items and then View details. You might be asked for an admin password or to confirm your choice.
    ======

I've seen other posts on a similar threat detection for Flash Player where the user also said he didn't have the Remove option...

See here:

====

Suggestion to upload the detected file to MS:
    Submit files for malware analysis

and to also upload it to VirusTotal and/or any other service listed here:
    List of Online File analyzers & services

In addition you might want to run some scans with one or the other tool mentioned here:

List of Malware Removal Tools

Jsssssssss, Oct 21, 2019
  3. msplace Win User
    Same malware detected by Win 10 Defender repeatedly & quarantined repeatedly

This situation is increasingly troubling. For about a month, Win 10 Defender has been notifying me every few days it has detected & removed malware. When I open Defender for details, it lists either Rogue:JS/TechBrolo.A or Rogue:JS/TechBrolo.E and I find
    it hasn't actually removed the malware, but quarantined it. I don't understand what is being done when malware is "quarantined" or why Win 10 doesn't remove it. It is strongly recommended in Defender that I do so, but I have to check the box and click Remove.
    Which I do. I've also scanned offline, done quick scans and one full scan, none of which turned up anything.

Why is Win 10 quarantining but not removing it? Is there any way of indicating to Defender not to allow any file with string Rogue:JS/TechBrolo in the file name? Defender says it is a Trojan Horse type. Since it is repeatedly directed at my PC and I assume
    sits there until Defender finds and at least quarantines it, am I at risk between Defender scans? Or does "Real Time" protection mean that risk doesn't exist?

I'm puzzled too at the file name. I would think malware would have innocuous sounding or highly technical seeming names. "Rogue" and "Tech" together ... might just as well name the file LethalMalware.

msplace, Oct 21, 2019
  4. Malware safe to quarantine/disable?

Disable Automatic Quarantine in W10

It’s also relatively easy to disable Windows Defender's automatic remediation in Windows 10, if that’s something that you’d like to do:

Disable Automatic Quarantine in W10

GreginMich, Oct 21, 2019
Thema:

Malware safe to quarantine/disable?

1. Malware safe to quarantine/disable? - Similar Threads - Malware safe quarantine

2. Windows defender claims malware was quarantined but my accounts were still compromised,...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender claims malware was quarantined but my accounts were still compromised,...: i foolishly downloaded a malware, im sure it was a trojan and windows defender quarantined 4 of them. I did all types of scans and they all came out clear. Over the next few days i noticed my social media accounts were compromised as well as 1 credit card and my amazon...
  3. hutters.click: safe or malware?

hutters.click: safe or malware?: on the 8th of August 2022 I received 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 a number of Pop ups from hutters.click "via windows edge" stating the following messages:*** SYSTEM ERROR ***Viruses found-click to fix...9:24 * via Microsoft edgeMcAfee: System is at riskTurn on your...
  4. Question about Malware in Quarantine

Question about Malware in Quarantine: I downloaded malware. It was in quarantine. I clicked removal as I thought it would delete it. What if the malware is now out of quarantine roaming through my computer?[Original Title: Help!]...
  5. msftconnecttest.com safe or malware?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    msftconnecttest.com safe or malware?: Hi everyone I just set up my new modem and as soon as my PC connected to the new modem, I got directed to a page called msftconnecttest.com.The website displayed nothing.Not knowing what this was I searched Google to get a mix of people saying it can be a redirect and malware...
  6. Definitely Safe and trusted file quarantined by Windows Defender

Definitely Safe and trusted file quarantined by Windows Defender: Hello! I have an HP laptop with an Intel Pentium Gold 4415U processor and 4 GB RAM. I got the default Windows 10 Home version that came with a laptop installed in it. I hate recently upgraded Windows to version 2004, and after that, I created a simple python coded game for...
  7. Disable Safe boot

Disable Safe boot: Hey, I was doing some experiments with windows and I accidentally jumped into safe boot mode. Now its asking for password, which I don't remember because I used to sign in using my PIN or fingerprint. After that I read various discussion on this topic from internet and...
  8. Disabling Windows Defender auto quarantine

Disabling Windows Defender auto quarantine: Is there an option to disable the auto quarantine? I'd rather have a dialog box asking me every time what to do rather than seeing my files go into quarantine automatically. 160233
  9. Safe to disable tasks?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Safe to disable tasks?: For the past few months, my computer wakes up in the middle of the night. Using "powercfg -lastwake" in cmd I was able to trace the cause to Update Orchestrator. I found this guide and followed it....
  10. Malware and safe mode

Malware and safe mode: Can malware prevent starting in safe mode? If so, what can be done? Someone clicked on a photo in Facebook and got a red banner saying that malware had been detected, and she should call a phone number. The person at the number told her to type something in, and she did...