Windows 10: Malware submission

Discus and support Malware submission in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have the source code to a known malware (at least is known on wiki), and as someone who has no knowledge in malware reverse engineering or the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by LeGoo, Jan 7, 2019.

1. LeGoo Win User

Malware submission

I have the source code to a known malware (at least is known on wiki), and as someone who has no knowledge in malware reverse engineering or the ability to assemble the source codes, i need to find someone who does. As of now i have found someone, but i dont really trust the person. The malware itself is destructive but have no spreading routine set, if the source codes falls into someone with the ability to modify the malware, the results can be catastrophic. For now i think the most sensible thing to do is to submit the source code ( as i dont think windows defender detects it as a malware), and than reassemble it and test it. If anyone has better ideas as in what i should do, or someone can guide me as to how to assemble VB into a .exe, that would be great.

All testing of the malware are done in offline virtual machines.

:)

LeGoo, Jan 7, 2019
  2. Le Boule Win User
    Le Boule, Jan 7, 2019
  3. quietman7 - MVP, Jan 7, 2019
  4. Boatvan Win User

Malware submission

Did our Epson printer get hacked?

Another question, is this on a home network or a work network? The steps @eidairaman1 listed are always a good first step. If this is on a work network you manage, I'd be much more concerned than the home one. It is possible someone is screwing with you, but malware could also be the culprit.

Boatvan, Jan 7, 2019
Thema:

Malware submission

1. Malware submission - Similar Threads - Malware submission

2. How to remove malware?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove malware?: I recently downloaded an exe file and i am pretty sure i have a virus or malware on my pc now, every time i open my pc now i notice that the temperature is high for no reason and its sounds louder. The first thing i did is try to download an antivirus but every time i tried...
  3. How to remove malware?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove malware?: I recently downloaded an exe file and i am pretty sure i have a virus or malware on my pc now, every time i open my pc now i notice that the temperature is high for no reason and its sounds louder. The first thing i did is try to download an antivirus but every time i tried...
  4. Do I have malware? Should I do a factory resetwould it even help?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Do I have malware? Should I do a factory resetwould it even help?: I have had an issue with my laptop, it won't stop scrolling down and it even selects some icon in the corner. Literally everything scrolls down, settings page, websites, it even used to give off the warning sound when i had to enter my bios passwordmost probably because it...
  5. Do I have malware? Should I do a factory resetwould it even help?

Do I have malware? Should I do a factory resetwould it even help?: I have had an issue with my laptop, it won't stop scrolling down and it even selects some icon in the corner. Literally everything scrolls down, settings page, websites, it even used to give off the warning sound when i had to enter my bios passwordmost probably because it...
  6. Troubleshooting Malware Removal: Seeking Help After PC Crashes Post-Tron.bat Execution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Troubleshooting Malware Removal: Seeking Help After PC Crashes Post-Tron.bat Execution: Hello,Last night, around 12 AM, I attempted to remove malware from my computer. Initially, I ran a scan with Microsoft Windows Defender, but it didn't detect any threats. So, I decided to try MalwareBytes instead. After using MalwareBytes, it detected some malicious items,...
  7. Submit a file for malware analysis - submission pending for 10+ days

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Submit a file for malware analysis - submission pending for 10+ days: Files submitted via the submission service https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/filesubmission, e.g. to clear them from being incorrectly detected as malware/malicious, are now pending for days without any reaction.This process used to take 4-8 hours on average until a "final...
  8. Submit a file for malware analysis - submission pending for 10+ days

Submit a file for malware analysis - submission pending for 10+ days: Files submitted via the submission service https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/filesubmission, e.g. to clear them from being incorrectly detected as malware/malicious, are now pending for days without any reaction.This process used to take 4-8 hours on average until a "final...
  9. Submission for malware analysis

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Submission for malware analysis: We are developing a desktop application and signing it with a Microsoft certificate. However, Microsoft Defender SmartScreen displays a message that the application may be malicious and prevents it from running. We sent the application to malware analysis and it successfully...
  10. IRM issues with malware analysis submissions.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    IRM issues with malware analysis submissions.: Hello Microsoft Team, I am having a issue with submitting a file for malware analysis to Microsoft Defender because it is being blocked by IRM "Information Rights Management" I can not move this file into a zip file or submit it for a closer look. How can I flag this...