Windows 10: Malware that won't go away (text file included)

Discus and support Malware that won't go away (text file included) in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have this malware that keeps saying Windows has an update and I foolishly went to click it because it looked official and Malwarebytes blocked... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by pjmcguirk85, Sep 17, 2017.

1. Malware that won't go away (text file included)

I have this malware that keeps saying Windows has an update and I foolishly went to click it because it looked official and Malwarebytes blocked access. I can't find the program anywhere in Revo Uninstaller but I do have the log of what Malwarebytes blocked that I saved to a text file.

This program is so mysterious and I'm having trouble. I did delete some .exe called BIGUBIK or something along those lines from the computer because User Account Control asked if I want to run that program when I clicked OK on this updater thing. But the pop up still comes up and it makes it so I can't click X and it shows up over any other program so the only way to deal with it is to click OK. Fortunately it doesn't do anything because it gets blocked. My nephew installed some crap with some Teamspeak like service against my wishes and I think he put it on there. Any help? I'm assuming this mshta.exe that shows up is the culprit.

chromium text.txt

:)

pjmcguirk85, Sep 17, 2017

2. Malicious Malware will not go away.

You're very welcome.

Bruce Hagen, Sep 17, 2017
  3. Malicious Malware will not go away.

Thank you so much. That worked.

milleris15, Sep 17, 2017
  4. Malware that won't go away (text file included)

Hi pjmcquirk85

Have you launched a full Malwarebytes scan. Please ensure root kits is selected.

I would also try their other procdut ADWCleaner.

AdwCleaner - Free Adware Cleaner & Removal Tool

Some of these products will work better from Safe Mode. Please access through the Advance Startup Options.

Easiest way to start, hold shift key down and click restart.

Boot to Advanced Startup Options in Windows 10

In future provide nephew with a Standard account and do not supply admin password.

Good luck

Ken

Caledon Ken, Sep 17, 2017
  5. Samuria Win User
    Look in username/appears/local and any folders below you should find a file setup.log it's the problem then note the time the pop happens and check scheduled task for that time that's what starts it

Samuria, Sep 17, 2017
  6. Ok guys thanks. I'll try both those things.

pjmcguirk85, Sep 20, 2017
  7. I assume no joy.

Sounds like you might have something in your registry that is kicking it off.

If you download and run autoruns you maybe able to find it. I say maybe as it is going to show you a ton of info.

With autoruns you have the power to seriously mess up Windows but no harm looking.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sys...loads/autoruns

Before deleting or disabling anything please ensure you have a restore point. I also strongly recommend you create an Image with a tool like Macrium Reflect and finally have bootable media so you can start windows. Simplest way to get is to type Recovery Drive in Cortana and start app. USB key size could be between 4GB and 16GB. If you start app with no key installed it will tell you key size you need. Cancel app, buy key and start again. If it asks should you delete recovery partition the answer is No.

Backup and Restore with Macrium Reflect

Ken

Caledon Ken, Sep 21, 2017
  8. Malware that won't go away (text file included)

I did just that using task manager when the thing popped up again. It was an appdata local folder and it had a setup.log in it. It didn't show up under scheduled tasks but I don't quite know how to navigate scheduled tasks. I'll keep you posted. Is it ok to DM you on here if it pops up again?

Thanks

pjmcguirk85, Oct 4, 2017
  9. When you open task manager go to the top item in the navigation pane, very left. Click on it.

In the right Window in the section labelled Task Status you will see a drop down, likely with the words "Last 24 Hours". Switch to last hour right after you see it. Shouldn't be more than one or two.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Oct 4, 2017
  10. Please open the Command Prompt as a administrator and type following command:

Code: cd / dir /s /a /b chdrm.com | Clip[/quote] When Dir command finish executing right click your next post and select Paste this will paste the Windows clipboard to your next post. Please post the result of dir command.

FreeBooter, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Malware that won't go away (text file included)

1. Malware that won't go away (text file included) - Similar Threads - Malware won't away

2. Desktop Text Shadows will not go away

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Text Shadows will not go away: So I just installed the most recent OS update Windows 11 Pro Version 10.0.22621 Build 22621 and the desktop text shadows will NOT go away despite unchecking the indicated box and setting the registry value to 0....
  3. Desktop Text Shadows will not go away

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Text Shadows will not go away: So I just installed the most recent OS update Windows 11 Pro Version 10.0.22621 Build 22621 and the desktop text shadows will NOT go away despite unchecking the indicated box and setting the registry value to 0....
  4. OneDrive won't go away

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive won't go away: Hey hey!So, I don't like the cloud. I don't want my stuff saved anywhere in the cyberspaces. When I got my compy fixed after my HD bit the dust, upon setting up windows again, I guess I missed the part where it asks you if you want to use OneDrive and stuff started backing...
  5. OneDrive won't go away

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive won't go away: Hey hey!So, I don't like the cloud. I don't want my stuff saved anywhere in the cyberspaces. When I got my compy fixed after my HD bit the dust, upon setting up windows again, I guess I missed the part where it asks you if you want to use OneDrive and stuff started backing...
  6. malware infection wont go away

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    malware infection wont go away: i tried removing it but it says its in a different drive j drive even though i dont use j drivei restarted my pc and removed defenders log files but its still appearing...
  7. Weird Alert That Won't go away. Virus or Malware?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird Alert That Won't go away. Virus or Malware?: [ATTACH] I've googled it but nothing comes up. I ran Avast and anti-Malwarebytes they both didn't find anything. I have no clue what this is or why it wont go away. Pls help submitted by /u/wham__ [link] [comments]...
  8. This text suggestion is stuck on my screen and won't go away

in Windows 10 Customization
    This text suggestion is stuck on my screen and won't go away: I was typing on my browser and this suggestion bar appeared : [ATTACH] Now it won't go away unless I shutdown the system, which isn't possible if some important work is going on. Any fixes?...
  9. Taskbar won't go away!

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar won't go away!: Windows 10 / Version 1903 OS build 18.362.778 (64-bit version) I've been having this problem for a while. The taskbar used to occasionally, randomly and regularly stay at the bottom of the screen. It wouldn't hide itself (as it was set up to do) until I opened the Task...
  10. SmartScreen won't go away

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    SmartScreen won't go away: I've disabled SmartScreen in Edge and Internet Explorer, but it still shows up when I launch games asking me if "Okay" essentially. I want this disabled completely. What do I do?...