Windows 10: Malware threats

Discus and support Malware threats in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have just received two emails threatening me with the elimination of all of my data if I do not provide 900 Euros in bit coin. How can I verify that... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Troubles45, Aug 15, 2018.

1. Malware threats

I have just received two emails threatening me with the elimination of all of my data if I do not provide 900 Euros in bit coin. How can I verify that this is a legitimate threat and how did it pass through Defender' protection, if valid?

:)

Troubles45, Aug 15, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Microsoft Advanced Threat Analytics - NotPetya malware

Source: Advanced Threat Analytics security research network technical analysis: NotPetya Microsoft Secure

Brink, Aug 15, 2018
  3. Le Boule Win User
    Le Boule, Aug 15, 2018
  4. 95Viper Win User

Malware threats

Smarter malware... Less technical coding

How about malware that will peek at what might be monitoring for it, then hide or wait a few minutes run a portion of itself.
    Wait, now run another portion. Oh, wait, and run some more.
    Bam your infected!

Or, how about some malware that hides in your mouse routines, then waits for you to click a button or move the mouse, so it can run hidden in the mouse message routines.

Even better, how 'bout the malware that will recognize it is running in a VM or being searched for and stops itself from running; hide and waits until the the way is clear.

And, unless your A/V or whatever method you use is aware of this type of threat... you are infected.

Now a days, it doesn't take a technical genius to make it happen.

It is all explained in this article by the Symantec Security Response team, here -->Malware Authors Using New Techniques to Evade Automated Threat Analysis Systems
    And, a couple of quotes from the page:
    Keep your guard up and compute safely.*Smile Malware threats :)

95Viper, Aug 15, 2018
Thema:

Malware threats

1. Malware threats - Similar Threads - Malware threats

2. Windows Defender won't turn on even after removing malware threats. Currently trying to use...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender won't turn on even after removing malware threats. Currently trying to use...: Hi there, i'm using Windows 11 64-bit and my Windows Defender won't turn on. I didn't notice this until recently. Currently, the threats have been removed using eset online scanner but the problem persists. I've done some googling and found information about defender_diag and...
  3. Windows Defender won't turn on even after removing malware threats. Currently trying to use...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender won't turn on even after removing malware threats. Currently trying to use...: Hi there, i'm using Windows 11 64-bit and my Windows Defender won't turn on. I didn't notice this until recently. Currently, the threats have been removed using eset online scanner but the problem persists. I've done some googling and found information about defender_diag and...
  4. Persistant Advanced Malware Threat Windows, Chrome, and Mobile devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Persistant Advanced Malware Threat Windows, Chrome, and Mobile devices: Here's an answer I got using the new Bing, the world’s first AI-powered answer engine. Click to see the full answer and try it yourself. https://sl.bing.net/kkp0F8da9RYThis is a full chat with bing copilot during mitigation attemlts prior to full pc whioe and cloud retore to...
  5. Persistant Advanced Malware Threat Windows, Chrome, and Mobile devices

Persistant Advanced Malware Threat Windows, Chrome, and Mobile devices: Here's an answer I got using the new Bing, the world’s first AI-powered answer engine. Click to see the full answer and try it yourself. https://sl.bing.net/kkp0F8da9RYThis is a full chat with bing copilot during mitigation attemlts prior to full pc whioe and cloud retore to...
  6. Urgent!! Is this a legit microsoft number for malware and virus threat? 800-642-7676

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Urgent!! Is this a legit microsoft number for malware and virus threat? 800-642-7676: I got an alarm sounding saying my computer was under threat of malware and that it was locked up, not to exit the alarm screen and to call microsoft to unlock my computer and remove threat. The number to call is 800-642-7676. Is this legit microsoft number or is this a...
  7. How to remove the Threat, Virus, Trojans & Malware from Windows Defender

How to remove the Threat, Virus, Trojans & Malware from Windows Defender: Dear All, I am Vinoth from Chennai. The Windows defender has found one threat in my computer. Please confirm this threat is Virus, Trojans or Malware ? and also confirm how to remove from computer....
  8. How to remove the Threat, Virus, Trojans & Malware from Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove the Threat, Virus, Trojans & Malware from Windows Defender: Dear All, I am Vinoth from Chennai. The Windows defender has found one threat in my computer. Please confirm this threat is Virus, Trojans or Malware ? and also confirm how to remove from computer....
  9. How to remove the Threat, Virus, Trojans & Malware from Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. Folders suddenly appearing in videos section, is this malware or any sort of threat?

Folders suddenly appearing in videos section, is this malware or any sort of threat?: Hey guys, these three folders Shadow Company, Vulkan Demos, Installer GUI have suddenly appeared in my videos folder. The thing is I've never played shadow company before and I don't even know what Vulkan Demos and Installer GUI is? Is this some kind of malware?Thanks for...