Windows 10: Malware - Unknown

Discus and support Malware - Unknown in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I've seen this a few times as a balloon popup. [ATTACH] I've run Defender: Nothing detected. I ran Trend Micro Free Online Scan: Nothing detected.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Brittster, Mar 22, 2021.

1. Brittster Win User

Malware - Unknown

I've seen this a few times as a balloon popup.

Malware - Unknown 779d70c1-df0b-4156-b2a0-8c59f8dd2871?upload=true.png

I've run Defender: Nothing detected.

I ran Trend Micro Free Online Scan: Nothing detected.

Please advise. Thank you.

:)

Brittster, Mar 22, 2021
  2. Le Boule Win User
    Le Boule, Mar 22, 2021
  3. Boatvan Win User
    Did our Epson printer get hacked?

Another question, is this on a home network or a work network? The steps @eidairaman1 listed are always a good first step. If this is on a work network you manage, I'd be much more concerned than the home one. It is possible someone is screwing with you, but malware could also be the culprit.

Boatvan, Mar 22, 2021
  4. Malware - Unknown

Best way to remove problem Malware

Hi There,

I am trying to remove a bundle of Malware without success.

There is a bundle of listed programs which I try to uninstall through the typical Control Panel effort, but they remain listed there:

Buenosearch Toolbar
    MyPC Backup
    PC Performer
    Speed Test 127
    UnknownFile

I was looking at this weblink which provides a 5 step process for Buenosearch alone:
    Remove Bueno Search (Removal Guide)

Not sure how much certain guides can be trusted. One of the first things I read was to download Revo Uninstaller, and I've not heard of it so I'm not sure if it's trustworthy..........

radioraheem, Mar 22, 2021
Thema:

Malware - Unknown

1. Malware - Unknown - Similar Threads - Malware Unknown

2. Worm,Virus,Malware,Spyware? Unknown "Calls" icon appeared on taskbar showing ongoing phone...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Worm,Virus,Malware,Spyware? Unknown "Calls" icon appeared on taskbar showing ongoing phone...: Worm,Virus,Malware,Spyware? Unknown "Calls" icon appeared on taskbar showing ongoing phone call when I opened HP Windows 10 laptop. Please, Need More Help!I'm sorry, this is a repost. I also made a second post in a different category when there was a change in the situation....
  3. Worm,Virus,Malware,Spyware? Unknown "Calls" icon appeared on taskbar showing ongoing phone...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Worm,Virus,Malware,Spyware? Unknown "Calls" icon appeared on taskbar showing ongoing phone...: Worm,Virus,Malware,Spyware? Unknown "Calls" icon appeared on taskbar showing ongoing phone call when I opened HP Windows 10 laptop. Please, Need More Help!I'm sorry, this is a repost. I also made a second post in a different category when there was a change in the situation....
  4. Worm,Virus,Malware,Spyware? Unknown "Calls" icon appeared on taskbar showing ongoing phone...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Malware? Unknown "calls" icon appeared on taskbar showing the phone call I was on when I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Malware? Unknown "calls" icon appeared on taskbar showing the phone call I was on when I...: Please help secure my accounts, passwords and my life that's all kept on my computer! My HP Windows 10 laptop was safely home while I was gone 2wks. I ran out fast then, & was only supposed to be gone a cpl days so I don't know for sure if I turned it off. There is NO ACCESS...
  6. Malware? Unknown "calls" icon appeared on taskbar showing the phone call I was on when I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Malware? Unknown "calls" icon appeared on taskbar showing the phone call I was on when I...: Please help secure my accounts, passwords and my life that's all kept on my computer! My HP Windows 10 laptop was safely home while I was gone 2wks. I ran out fast then, & was only supposed to be gone a cpl days so I don't know for sure if I turned it off. There is NO ACCESS...
  7. Malware? Unknown "calls" icon appeared on taskbar showing the phone call I was on when I...

8. Have any doubts about unknown programs that could be infectious =malware?

Have any doubts about unknown programs that could be infectious =malware?: If so, you’ll need the Windows Sandbox, which is available as a feature in W10. Here’s how to check it:Open the Start menu and search for and open ‘Windows features’.Look for the Windows Sandbox feature and check the box.Save your work and games then restart the system.Search...
  9. unknown startup apps suspected to be some kind of malware.

unknown startup apps suspected to be some kind of malware.: some months back I installed pi software which was some kind of mining app but I uninstalled it that time only however there is still a program showing in startup apps named pi and I can not find it elsewhere, there are many such programs on startup apps menu which looks some...
  10. Unknown Software, is it a ransomware or malware?

Unknown Software, is it a ransomware or malware?: I noticed my PC had been getting slower to respond so I opened up the "Add or Remove Programs" The windows 10 oneAnd I noticed an unknown software with no name and which supposedly takes 3.44 TB even though my HDD is 1 TB total.The buttons are intermittently greyed out and...