Windows 10: Malware/Virus Attack on system, malfunctioning Keyboard

Discus and support Malware/Virus Attack on system, malfunctioning Keyboard in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello there, Need help. Yesterday I was using a pen drive for some file sharing on my laptop. After I insert the pen drive and opened it, all of a... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Shazzad H., Aug 30, 2020.

1. Malware/Virus Attack on system, malfunctioning Keyboard

Hello there,

Need help.

Yesterday I was using a pen drive for some file sharing on my laptop. After I insert the pen drive and opened it, all of a sudden my system started behaving abnormally.

A lot of windows opened automatically reducing screen brightness, and enable the magnifying system. I couldn't able to control anything at that time, all command was executing automatically. It started shutting down the system.

The keyboard was completely out of control, it started typing random words since then, it keeps commanding random things even when I keep my laptop idle.

Although this malware or virus didn't damage my files, I was able to back up everything.

Windows defender was working fine at that time but it didn't detect anything suspicious things. I tried to scan the system using Malwarebytes, hitman pro, and Bitdefender, but all those software couldn't detect any virus.

So I did reset windows by system option from Troubleshooting without saving any file but the problem was there as it was. Then I tried reinstalling the windows and I also completely wiped and delete my SSD and HHD and reallocate itagain and installed the windows, I thought it was gone, but while I setting my Microsoft account during installation the keyboard started to act abnormally again.

Whenever I try to type anything, instead of a character it types eegh\-+.
    Like I pressed A in the keyboard but it's automatically get typed in "eegh\-+" this. For this problem, I couldn't abale to logging to my PC.

Malware/Virus Attack on system, malfunctioning Keyboard [​IMG]

I tried everything I can but I couldn't get rid of this virus. It completely messed up my keyboard.

How do I solve this? Is the virus in my BIOS?
    PLEASE HELP.

:)

Shazzad H., Aug 30, 2020
  2. [ Pete ] Win User

SEcurity against malware and virus attackes

There is very little need for anti-malware/virus protection on windows phone 8. SDK restrictions and Marketplace vetting ensures that no virus apps can be created and published to the Marketplace.

The browser is also very limited in how it can interact with your phone's content.

The main avenue of "attack" in my opinion would be phishing attempts where an email might directly to to a website that looks official, but maliciously tricks you into entering personal information. With these attacks, human vigilance is the best defense.

The andriod marketplace is less rigously policed than Microsoft or Apple's and therefore carries a greater risk.

However, if you developer unlock your phone and side-load apps, then you do so entirely at your own risk.

[ Pete ], Aug 30, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Most common malware attacks against mobile devices in 2019

Read more:

Brink, Aug 30, 2020
  4. Malware/Virus Attack on system, malfunctioning Keyboard

Keyboard keys get stuck only in games

Hi,

I apologize for not addressing you in a timely manner. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

You may be facing this issue due to the virus/malware infection on your PC. Scan your PC for virus/malware attacks by running the anti-virus software. Run the anti-virus software twice to detect and confirm any malware/virus attacks on your PC and check
    if the issue is resolved.

Method 1: I suggest you to run the
    Hardware and Devices
    troubleshooter by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search box next to
      Start
      button and select the top most search result.
    • Click on View all from left side panel of the screen.
    • Select Hardware and Devices, click on
      Advanced option and check Apply repairs automatically
      option.
    • Follow the on screen instructions.
    Method 2: If issue persist, I suggest you to uninstall the keyboard drivers from the
    device manager by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Device Manager
    • Expand Keyboards option.
    • Right click on the keyboard driver and select Uninstall
      option.
    • Restart the computer for the PC will re-install the drivers automatically and check if the changes are effective.
    Also refer: Windows hangs or freezes
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2681286

Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Aug 30, 2020
Thema:

Malware/Virus Attack on system, malfunctioning Keyboard

1. Malware/Virus Attack on system, malfunctioning Keyboard - Similar Threads - Malware Virus Attack

2. Malware attack, but the virus scanner didnot detect it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Malware attack, but the virus scanner didnot detect it.: My desktop was attacked by some malware.At first, it was detected, and windows defender delete it. I guess the virus has been spread to lots of space as the security warning happen 3 times: one in the morning, one in the afternoon, and one in the evening.After that, the...
  3. Malware attack, but the virus scanner didnot detect it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Malware attack, but the virus scanner didnot detect it.: My desktop was attacked by some malware.At first, it was detected, and windows defender delete it. I guess the virus has been spread to lots of space as the security warning happen 3 times: one in the morning, one in the afternoon, and one in the evening.After that, the...
  4. Malware attack

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Malware attack: Will factory reset removes trojen virus? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/malware-attack/0cd6b0c4-a077-48ee-98a2-381fbdcfad46
  5. malware attack

in Windows 10 Gaming
    malware attack: how to solve malware attack?* Moved from Internet Explorer / IE11 / Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/malware-attack/3e70f7d1-088b-416b-bb3f-ba01fbd41d55
  6. malware attack

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    malware attack: how to solve malware attack?* Moved from Internet Explorer / IE11 / Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/malware-attack/3e70f7d1-088b-416b-bb3f-ba01fbd41d55
  7. malware attack

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Malware attack

Malware attack: I had turned off windows defender. I was attacked by malware on my desktop computer. It has an .seto extension name. I had formatted my compter but no change. Windows defender is not turning on also. my all files became unusable. How can i recover my files....
  9. malware attack

malware attack: while I was downloading a file from the internet, some malicious files might have entered my system. when ever I am starting my PC, the browser is automatically opening some spam websites after every 1 min. windows defender fail to resolve this problem and shows no threat,...
  10. Keyboard Malware Attack?

Keyboard Malware Attack?: Some keys/ key combinations that were previously working are no longer working. It has affected the backspace key and the Right Shift Key (RSK). Occasionally when typing, text might start being erased from nowhere. Key combination like the RSK and up arrow do not work, but...