Windows 10: Malware warning looking like it is from Microsoft

Discus and support Malware warning looking like it is from Microsoft in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I just stopped a Chrome offer of a free iPhone offer when I discovered the sender was from Singapore. Minuted after, a warning popped up from... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Kari Garden, Nov 18, 2019.

1. Malware warning looking like it is from Microsoft

I just stopped a Chrome offer of a free iPhone offer when I discovered the sender was from Singapore. Minuted after, a warning popped up from 0fficial.online which said Immediate action required. A trojan horse e.tre456_worm_Windows was installed, and to click ok to begin the repair process.

Underneath came a windows lookalike page, which says I have been infected with three viruses,vOur security check found traces of ....systems damage 28.1 %

Personal and banking info at rusk.

My question is, is it safe to click that ok button? I use another security program.

:)

Kari Garden, Nov 18, 2019

2. Edge and Malware (Scary Warning) - Need a Permanent Fix!

Hi,

For us to better understand your concern when using Microsoft Edge, we'd like to gather additional information:

• You mentioned that you are experiencing malware warning when using Microsoft Edge, can you please tell us more about it?
    • Have you made any recent changes before the issue occurred?
    • What is the exact error message/warning that you are receiving?
    • If possible, please provide us a screenshot to help us with the investigation.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    We hope to hear from you soon.

Jennifer Cha, Nov 18, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Microsoft Advanced Threat Analytics - NotPetya malware

Source: Advanced Threat Analytics security research network technical analysis: NotPetya Microsoft Secure

Brink, Nov 18, 2019
  4. Malware warning looking like it is from Microsoft

Best way to remove problem Malware

Hi There,

I am trying to remove a bundle of Malware without success.

There is a bundle of listed programs which I try to uninstall through the typical Control Panel effort, but they remain listed there:

Buenosearch Toolbar
    MyPC Backup
    PC Performer
    Speed Test 127
    UnknownFile

I was looking at this weblink which provides a 5 step process for Buenosearch alone:
    Remove Bueno Search (Removal Guide)

Not sure how much certain guides can be trusted. One of the first things I read was to download Revo Uninstaller, and I've not heard of it so I'm not sure if it's trustworthy..........

radioraheem, Nov 18, 2019
Thema:

Malware warning looking like it is from Microsoft

1. Malware warning looking like it is from Microsoft - Similar Threads - Malware warning looking

2. malware: "trojan:win32/tixinbir.a" warning

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    malware: "trojan:win32/tixinbir.a" warning: I keep getting a windows defender warning that a malware or virus was removed, scans show no threats, but every hour the defender blocks a detected "trojan:win32/tixinbir.a" how do I remove this? is the only way to do a hard reset, and wipe of my hard drive?...
  3. Is this legitimately from Microsoft or is it Malware?

Is this legitimately from Microsoft or is it Malware?: Yesterday I started getting this popup below, again and again. Is this actually from Microsoft or is it malware? I am suspicious because it has no option to exit without taking action. I have now found a way in Settings to pause updates for seven days. If I keep...
  4. Why is this looking like this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is this looking like this?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ArchMD96 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hhf4nm/why_is_this_looking_like_this/
  5. What will microsoft windows 11 look like?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    What will microsoft windows 11 look like?: Hello i am windows microsoft help but i dont know everything so here is my question How will win. 11 look like? ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- well i...
  6. Looking For Malware...

Looking For Malware...: Is there any virus and malware i can get? I just wanna have some fun on a Virtual Pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/looking-for-malware/3a149c67-9254-45a4-b1e2-e389bb04910d
  7. Looking for free malware protection that works well with Microsoft

Looking for free malware protection that works well with Microsoft: The last malware protection I has slowed down my computer a lot, and felt a bit like a virus itself. I know free may not be the best way to go for something so important, but wanted to check before I invest in anything. Has anyone had a good experience with a free option?...
  8. Does microsoft like to look like fools?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Does microsoft like to look like fools?: With as many bugs in updates or Windows to begin with, it's no surprise to me that people are rolling back their OS or just going to Linux. Is microsoft happy with this?...
  9. Microsoft is looking a lot like Apple and Nadella like...

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is looking a lot like Apple and Nadella like...: Last week, Microsoft CEO said what Windows fans haven't wanted to admit: The fact that a billion-and-a-half users use Windows is incredible. And we want to be able to serve that base and grow that base with the innovation. ... And that’s what I want us to be focused on ......
  10. Looks Like Microsoft Will Rename Windows Store to Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 News
    Looks Like Microsoft Will Rename Windows Store to Microsoft Store: Microsoft’s many online and retail store brands are confusing to consumers. And it looks like they’re finally going to take the obvious step of fixing that, at least in Windows 10. Of course, this is Microsoft, so this could just be yet another round of A/B testing....