Windows 10: Malware

Discus and support Malware in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I had an experience recently where a page opened, and I was unable to close it. Anything I typed was hidden behind this page. Task Master did not... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AEGreene, Sep 10, 2019.

1. AEGreene Win User

Malware

I had an experience recently where a page opened, and I was unable to close it. Anything I typed was hidden behind this page. Task Master did not close it. I ran the Microsoft Removal Tool but this came back saying nothing was wrong. I called a service I have for remote access. As soon as they were connected to my computer, The page did not come up. I took some screen shots and I would like to send you a link. I cannot understand how to do this. This is one of the screenshots. There is no web address for them. I sent it to:

https://answers.microsoft.com When I tried to enter the full address as it appears, the response was that it was invalid. If there is another way to do this, please let me know. I have it in my dropbox screenshots.

Alice Greene

:)

AEGreene, Sep 10, 2019
  2. Le Boule Win User
    Le Boule, Sep 10, 2019
  3. Boatvan Win User
    Did our Epson printer get hacked?

Another question, is this on a home network or a work network? The steps @eidairaman1 listed are always a good first step. If this is on a work network you manage, I'd be much more concerned than the home one. It is possible someone is screwing with you, but malware could also be the culprit.

Boatvan, Sep 10, 2019
  4. Malware

Best way to remove problem Malware

Hi There,

I am trying to remove a bundle of Malware without success.

There is a bundle of listed programs which I try to uninstall through the typical Control Panel effort, but they remain listed there:

Buenosearch Toolbar
    MyPC Backup
    PC Performer
    Speed Test 127
    UnknownFile

I was looking at this weblink which provides a 5 step process for Buenosearch alone:
    Remove Bueno Search (Removal Guide)

Not sure how much certain guides can be trusted. One of the first things I read was to download Revo Uninstaller, and I've not heard of it so I'm not sure if it's trustworthy..........

radioraheem, Sep 10, 2019
Thema:

Malware

1. Malware - Similar Threads - Malware

2. Windows Command Processor Malware on Task Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Command Processor Malware on Task Manager: Every time I turn on my computer I look at task manager and see that the windows command processor task is running and is using up a significant amount of my ram, how do I fix this?I ran FRST scan and these are my log files, I would appreciate a fixlist.txt for these...
  3. Windows Command Processor Malware on Task Manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Command Processor Malware on Task Manager: Every time I turn on my computer I look at task manager and see that the windows command processor task is running and is using up a significant amount of my ram, how do I fix this?I ran FRST scan and these are my log files, I would appreciate a fixlist.txt for these...
  4. Windows Command Processor Malware on Task Manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows Defender detecting McAfee Defender as Malware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender detecting McAfee Defender as Malware: Hi, I have realized that I cannot launch McAfee as usual. On daily security recap, the Windows Defender marked McAfee process as a severe malware.Screenshots are provided in this Google Drive link, the images always fail to upload to this...
  6. Windows Defender detecting McAfee Defender as Malware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender detecting McAfee Defender as Malware: Hi, I have realized that I cannot launch McAfee as usual. On daily security recap, the Windows Defender marked McAfee process as a severe malware.Screenshots are provided in this Google Drive link, the images always fail to upload to this...
  7. Windows Defender detecting McAfee Defender as Malware

8. Help with malware infection?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with malware infection?: I have been infected by malware that has taken management rights on Edge. I also keep seeing notifications for “universal browser” updates. I went in my computer’s registry and deleted one suspicious file and have found a thing in ExtensionInstallForcelist called “1” with...
  9. Help with malware infection?

Help with malware infection?: I have been infected by malware that has taken management rights on Edge. I also keep seeing notifications for “universal browser” updates. I went in my computer’s registry and deleted one suspicious file and have found a thing in ExtensionInstallForcelist called “1” with...
  10. Potential malware problem?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Potential malware problem?: I tried accessing my online banking but after clicking to look at the account, the page displayed briefly and then reverted back to the start page. ChromeI tried in a different broswer Edge and the same thing happened...Trying on a different PC and it worked fine.I then...