Windows 10: malware

Discus and support malware in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I do not understand what to do with Wise Uninstaller as a result of a scan with AdwCleaner. Please see attachment. I notice another file flagged but... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by maranna, Mar 6, 2017.

1. maranna Win User

malware

I do not understand what to do with Wise Uninstaller as a result of a scan with AdwCleaner.
    Please see attachment.
    I notice another file flagged but do not recognize it.

I use Revo in conjunction with Wise because you can type a program not listed and it will find it.

:)

maranna, Mar 6, 2017

2. Malware or Worm

I have run my Microsoft Defender several times and after scanning over almost a million files nothing was found. However, I am overwhelmed by something called "Ads by SHH-each" on everything I open on my computer. It does the same thing, posting obnoxious
    ads, with both Chrome and Firefox. I'm been quite happy with your service over the many years, but HELP! - please!

Vicous Malware, Mar 6, 2017
  3. Malware or Worm

Thanks, all, for your help, but nothing works. I've tried both Malwarebytes and AVG and nothing - it's still there. Taking it to a computer guy at Staples who is confident he get rid of it. $160, but worth it IF it works.

Vicous Malware, Mar 6, 2017
  4. malware

TairikuOkami, Mar 6, 2017
  5. maranna Win User
    In your opinion, should I use another program other than Wise?
    I do understand about potentially unwanted programs there but did not recognize or it was not stated.
    Thank you for your link and help.

maranna, Mar 6, 2017
  6. You better not ask me, I use Wise reg cleaner, disk cleaner and uninstaller, so I am not objective. *Smile

I know 4 free uninstallers and Wise comes out as the winner, it has no paid version, free ones are restrictive.

Revo Uninstaller - compare prices & features

Download | GeekUninstaller

Get IObit Uninstaller PRO

Though I had a discussion with GeekU's author and he said, it has no restriction, when I pointed out, that Pro has: "Thorough and complete removal", which is basically force removal, but I have not tested it much.

7. COMPUTIAC Guest, Mar 6, 2017
  8. maranna Win User

malware

I use Ccleaner's Windows tab regularly.

At my level, I do not use the reg cleaner as I do not know what I am removing.

I did not know Ccleaner's uninstaller was any different than the Windows add/remove function b/c I never saw any literature about it.

maranna, Mar 6, 2017
  9. CC's uninstaller is just an interface to Windows to make all functions in one place, it does not do anything.

10. CountMike New Member
    Revo Uninstaller is my long time "poison" for uninstalling programs and cleaning up after them. Doesn't leave anything in registry and files/folders. Largest problem are SW developers and their sloppy uninstallation.

CountMike, Mar 7, 2017
  11. maranna Win User
    Thanks all; I will use Revo 1st then if necessary go to Wise. I have the 32/64 bit Revo now but did not pay so can expect it to change anytime. I did check 'free' so we will see.

maranna, Mar 7, 2017
  12. Borg 386 Win User
    CCleaner asks you if you want to make a backup of the registry keys you are going to remove when you run the reg cleaner part of it. If you decide to do that, make sure you make the backup & place them somewhere on the computer that has easy access should you inadvertently remove something important. This way you can re-install the removed keys with a click.

Borg 386, Mar 7, 2017
  13. CountMike New Member

malware

Revo does that too, also makes a restore point before uninstalling.

CountMike, Mar 7, 2017
  14. maranna Win User
    I think you click on "merge" to recover, correct?
    Thank you but if the PC is modified in the interim I think there could be an issue.
    I will not be using the registry cleaner and hope the Windows section is safe. So far so good.

maranna, Mar 7, 2017
  15. Borg 386 Win User
    Good mention, that's true, Revo also does that.

I generally put them on my desktop for easy access & then after a couple days move them to a folder on the desktop & keep them for a couple weeks just to be sure.

Borg 386, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

malware

1. malware - Similar Threads - malware

2. Windows Defender detecting McAfee Defender as Malware

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender detecting McAfee Defender as Malware: Hi, I have realized that I cannot launch McAfee as usual. On daily security recap, the Windows Defender marked McAfee process as a severe malware.Screenshots are provided in this Google Drive link, the images always fail to upload to this...
  3. Windows Defender detecting McAfee Defender as Malware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender detecting McAfee Defender as Malware: Hi, I have realized that I cannot launch McAfee as usual. On daily security recap, the Windows Defender marked McAfee process as a severe malware.Screenshots are provided in this Google Drive link, the images always fail to upload to this...
  4. Windows Defender detecting McAfee Defender as Malware

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Help with malware infection?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with malware infection?: I have been infected by malware that has taken management rights on Edge. I also keep seeing notifications for “universal browser” updates. I went in my computer’s registry and deleted one suspicious file and have found a thing in ExtensionInstallForcelist called “1” with...
  6. Help with malware infection?

Help with malware infection?: I have been infected by malware that has taken management rights on Edge. I also keep seeing notifications for “universal browser” updates. I went in my computer’s registry and deleted one suspicious file and have found a thing in ExtensionInstallForcelist called “1” with...
  7. Potential malware problem?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Potential malware problem?: I tried accessing my online banking but after clicking to look at the account, the page displayed briefly and then reverted back to the start page. ChromeI tried in a different broswer Edge and the same thing happened...Trying on a different PC and it worked fine.I then...
  8. Potential malware problem?

Potential malware problem?: I tried accessing my online banking but after clicking to look at the account, the page displayed briefly and then reverted back to the start page. ChromeI tried in a different broswer Edge and the same thing happened...Trying on a different PC and it worked fine.I then...
  9. Potential malware problem?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. All Executables close - after Malware removal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All Executables close - after Malware removal: Defender found and cleared the following Malware: Trojan PDF Phish MSR,, Trojan Phonzy, Trojan Wacatac. However I am not able to run any executable such as EventVwr, MSConfig, or even Reset PC - the executable runs and closes. This is happening for any executable on the PC. I...