Windows 10: Malwarebyes and Google Shown as Oossible Malicious Attacks The other Day

Discus and support Malwarebyes and Google Shown as Oossible Malicious Attacks The other Day in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am tired of trying to submit a ticket - only to never get to talk to a person or get a chance to make sure I understand. This is poor I am tired of... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Paul Ellis2, Sep 23, 2022.

1. Malwarebyes and Google Shown as Oossible Malicious Attacks The other Day

I am tired of trying to submit a ticket - only to never get to talk to a person or get a chance to make sure I understand. This is poor I am tired of trying to submit a ticket - only to never get to talk to a person or get a chance to make sure I understand. This is a poor way to

:)

Paul Ellis2, Sep 23, 2022

2. Google calendar event times are shown as -1h

Summary:

When I create a new event in the built in WP8 calendar app to a Google calendar the time of the event is being displayed as one hour earlier.

Steps to reproduce:

Create a new event in calendar. Choose one of the Google calendars configured (I have two configured in my phone). Set time as 2013/07/17 16:00. Save the event.

Expected behavior:

The event time in the agenda view is shown as 2013/07/17 16:00.

Observed behavior:

The event time in the agenda view is shown as 2013/07/17 16:00 for a few seconds. It then automatically changes to 2013/07/17 15:00.

Other notes:

• I have two Google calendars configured. I can observe the same misbehavior on both.
    • I also have a Microsoft (@hotmail.com) calendar configured. This works as expected.
    • When I log into my Google calendar using a web browser, the time is shown as expected.
    • When I use a third party calendar (Chronos) and sync my Google account directly, the time is shown as expected.
    • When I use a third party calendar (Chronos) and use it simply as an interface to the built in WP calendar the time is off again showing 2013/07/17 15:00.
    • The timezone on my WP is set to (UTC) London.
    • I started noticing this perhaps a week ago. It was working as expected before.
    • Phone model is Nokia Lumia 925
    • Phone OS version is 8.0.10327.77

Notes 1-6 suggests to me that the internal calendaring module in WP8 fails to recognize DST (daylight saving time) in timezone (UTC) London or misinterprets relevant information fields on Google calendar objects.

Note 7 suggests to me that this is related to an update to my WP8 phone or a change in Google calendar API.

Any help is much appreciated, this is driving me rather nuts.

Thanks,

Kaarel

kaarelsaal---01, Sep 23, 2022
  3. Brink Win User
    Attack uses malicious InPage document and outdated VLC media player

Source: Attack uses malicious InPage document and outdated VLC media player to give attackers backdoor access to targets - Microsoft Secure

Brink, Sep 23, 2022
  4. Brink Win User

Malwarebyes and Google Shown as Oossible Malicious Attacks The other Day

Attack uses malicious InPage document and outdated VLC media player

Source: Attack uses malicious InPage document and outdated VLC media player to give attackers backdoor access to targets - Microsoft Secure

Brink, Sep 23, 2022
Thema:

Malwarebyes and Google Shown as Oossible Malicious Attacks The other Day

1. Malwarebyes and Google Shown as Oossible Malicious Attacks The other Day - Similar Threads - Malwarebyes Google Shown

2. Google chrome malware attack?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Google chrome malware attack?: I recently been alerted by Gmail that malware on my device is viewing my data and threatening my account security. I was weird; all my accounts were blocked, and I had to change my password. So I went through the steps and installed malware detector and found these below. I...
  3. Google chrome malware attack?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google chrome malware attack?: I recently been alerted by Gmail that malware on my device is viewing my data and threatening my account security. I was weird; all my accounts were blocked, and I had to change my password. So I went through the steps and installed malware detector and found these below. I...
  4. Malwarebyes and Google Shown as Oossible Malicious Attacks The other Day

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Malwarebyes and Google Shown as Oossible Malicious Attacks The other Day: I am tired of trying to submit a ticket - only to never get to talk to a person or get a chance to make sure I understand. This is poor I am tired of trying to submit a ticket - only to never get to talk to a person or get a chance to make sure I understand. This is a poor...
  5. Malwarebyes and Google Shown as Oossible Malicious Attacks The other Day

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Malwarebyes and Google Shown as Oossible Malicious Attacks The other Day: I am tired of trying to submit a ticket - only to never get to talk to a person or get a chance to make sure I understand. This is poor I am tired of trying to submit a ticket - only to never get to talk to a person or get a chance to make sure I understand. This is a poor...
  6. Other users are not shown on switch user

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Other users are not shown on switch user: I have a Acer Aspire E 15 E5-576G-5762 laptop with Windows Home 10 64 bit ver 20H2OS Build 19042.985 "as a Standalone home use Machine". I have already read and followed all instructions to resolve this issue which exists for innumerable users but till date it remain...
  7. malicious software pop up on google chrome

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    malicious software pop up on google chrome: how to get out of malicious software pop up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/malicious-software-pop-up-on-google-chrome/12739b6b-e979-45ba-823e-7b700ed81359
  8. Malicious lifestyle apps found on Google Play store

in Windows 10 News
    Malicious lifestyle apps found on Google Play store: A total of 50 malicious apps have managed to bypass Google's security checks and land on the Google Play store, leading to millions of installs on Android devices. It was only last week that researchers from Check Point uncovered a total of six apps laden with the PreAMo ad...
  9. Malicious lifestyle apps found on Google Play

in Windows 10 News
    Malicious lifestyle apps found on Google Play: A total of 50 malicious apps have managed to bypass Google's security checks and land on the Google Play store, leading to millions of installs on Android devices. It was only last week that researchers from Check Point uncovered a total of six apps laden with the PreAMo ad...
  10. Attack uses malicious InPage document and outdated VLC media player

in Windows 10 News
    Attack uses malicious InPage document and outdated VLC media player: Our analysis of a targeted attack that used a language-specific word processor shows why it’s important to understand and protect against small-scale and localized attacks as well as broad-scale malware campaigns. The attack exploited a vulnerability in InPage, a word...