Windows 10: Malwarebytes AdwCleaner Basic Repair Question

Discus and support Malwarebytes AdwCleaner Basic Repair Question in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I run Malwarebytes AdwCleaner once a week and at the end of the scan it gives me the option of running "basic repair" which "will reset winsock and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by phaedruspress, May 27, 2018.

1. Malwarebytes AdwCleaner Basic Repair Question

I run Malwarebytes AdwCleaner once a week and at the end of the scan it gives me the option of running "basic repair" which "will reset winsock and other settings to default settings." I have always declined. While I know I can Google what this all means but I thought I would ask for any contemporary real world experience before contemplating doing that. I am not experiencing any network or computer problems. TIA.

Malwarebytes AdwCleaner Basic Repair Question [​IMG]

:)

phaedruspress, May 27, 2018
  2. Geethu B Win User

adwcleaner freezes Surface 4 after scan

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that your Surface 4 Pro freezes while running adwcleaner.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

1. Conflict between third party software.

2. Corrupt software.

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to set the computer in a clean boot state and check if it helps. Setting the system in a clean boot state will help to identify if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135/en-us

Warning:

1. Applies to Windows 10.

2. After clean boot troubleshooting steps, refer to the section "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot" in the provided link to return your computer to Normal
    startup mode.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, you may try to uninstall and reinstall the
    adwcleaner and check if it works. To uninstall the adwcleaner
    follow these steps:

• Right-click on
      Start Button and click on Programs and Features.

• Right-click on the
      adwcleaner and click on Uninstall.
    Note: Make sure you have the installation media for
    adwcleaner before uninstalling it.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, May 27, 2018
  3. Defender disabled by Malwarebytes?

Recently there were various changes regarding Malwarebytes...

Malwarebytes 3 - Frequently Asked Questions

especially:
    https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/191650-malwarebytes-30-frequently-asked-questions/#comment-1077438

Suggestion to read

Malwarebytes for Windows Help - Settings

Scroll down to Windows Action Center, see:

You may have noticed a flag in your system tray that sometimes has a red icon with a white X appear over the flag. That is a status indicator for the Windows Action Center, which tells you when your computer has a security issue that needs your attention.
    Malwarebytes Premium 3.0 or Malwarebytes Trial 3.0 can now be registered as a security solution on your computer. There are three settings available, which will be abbreviated here for easier reading. Brief descriptions for the meaning of each setting are
    also provided.

• Let Malwarebytes choose whether to register: Malwarebytes will determine whether it should be registered in Action Center. The program will not register when Microsoft Security Essentials is in use on a Windows 7 or older operating
      system. It will also not register when Windows Defender is used on a Windows 8 or newer OS.
    • Always register Malwarebytes: Malwarebytes program status will always appear in Action Center.
    • Never register Malwarebytes: Malwarebytes program status will never appear in Action Center.

Jsssssssss, May 27, 2018
Thema:

Malwarebytes AdwCleaner Basic Repair Question

1. Malwarebytes AdwCleaner Basic Repair Question - Similar Threads - Malwarebytes AdwCleaner Basic

2. AdwCleaner folder

in Windows 10 Support
    AdwCleaner folder: I ran this a while ago but it did not uninstall and is in the C folder. Can I delete it ; it is not in add remove. 181542
  3. Malwarebytes AdwCleaner 8.0.2.0 Released.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Malwarebytes AdwCleaner 8.0.2.0 Released.: Malwarebytes AdwCleaner v8.0.2.0 was released earlier today. Announcement, changelog and download: https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topi...dwcleaner-802/ Thank you. 149584
  4. MALWAREBYTES ADWCLEANER v7.4 Pre Installed Lenovo Software Question

MALWAREBYTES ADWCLEANER v7.4 Pre Installed Lenovo Software Question: I have used MALWAREBYTES ADWCLEANER probably since it was first introduced. When I ran it today a new version of the software was available (7.4) which I downloaded. No PUPS were found however this new version for the first time flagged Lenovo preinstalled software and asked...
  5. A question about malwarebytes.

A question about malwarebytes.: Hello , if i prevented malwarebytes from running at startup , my system performance will be the same as before installing malwarebytes . So , If it's turned off , ( prevented it to run at startup ) , it will only run when i will open it right ? if it's closed it will NOT run...
  6. is ADWcleaner included in Malwarebytes.

is ADWcleaner included in Malwarebytes.: Hello. I recently noticed that Malwarebytes obtained ADWcleaner is it included now in Malwarebytes premium which I have running on my PC or do I still need to run it separately? Thanks 93915
  7. Malwarebytes (free) Question

Malwarebytes (free) Question: I run occasional manual scans with Malewarebytes (free version). While on the Web, I got a pop up today from Malwarebytes telling me it had caught one malware. It found a Trojan (DNS changer) on my computer and I immediately quarantined it. I thought the free version had to...
  8. Malwarebytes question

Malwarebytes question: If you only use the free version of Malwarebytes, do you need to have the tray application running? 101217
  9. Some basic questions

in Windows 10 Support
    Some basic questions: At the moment I am using Win 7 (Dell OEM) and still considering Win 10. However, there are a few basic questions that I would be grateful for answers to. 1) I have Windows updates set to 'ask before downloading'. The impression I get from the media and internet is that MS...
  10. BitsAdmin popping up and AdwCleaner question

in Windows 10 Support
    BitsAdmin popping up and AdwCleaner question: Hello! I kind of just made an account after finding help about my bitsadmin popping up out of nowhere and ran into another problem, but alas that was an old conversation. I'd like help with that, but im guessing i need to start a new thread? (though i'm not sure how to lol)...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. AdwCleaner basic repair

2. malwarebytes absic repair

3. Adwcleaner basic repair actions which to run

4. basic repair adwcleaner,
  5. adwcleaner what basic repair,
  6. adwcleaner basic prepair,
  7. should I run basic repair on malwarebytes?,
  8. adwcleaner recommended basic repair settings,
  9. if i have Malwarebytes Premium do i need Malwarebytes AdwCleaner ,
  10. what is adwcleaner basic repair,
  11. What is basic repair for ADW cleaner,