Windows 10: MALWAREBYTES ADWCLEANER v7.4 Pre Installed Lenovo Software Question

Discus and support MALWAREBYTES ADWCLEANER v7.4 Pre Installed Lenovo Software Question in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have used MALWAREBYTES ADWCLEANER probably since it was first introduced. When I ran it today a new version of the software was available (7.4) which... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by phaedruspress, Jul 24, 2019.

1. MALWAREBYTES ADWCLEANER v7.4 Pre Installed Lenovo Software Question

I have used MALWAREBYTES ADWCLEANER probably since it was first introduced. When I ran it today a new version of the software was available (7.4) which I downloaded. No PUPS were found however this new version for the first time flagged Lenovo preinstalled software and asked whether or not I wanted to quarantine it. I don't necessarily want to quarantine this software however I am curious if anyone else uses MALWAREBYTES ADWCLEANER regularly with a Lenovo computer and have found the same results.

MALWAREBYTES ADWCLEANER v7.4 Pre Installed Lenovo Software Question [​IMG]

:)

phaedruspress, Jul 24, 2019
  2. Cliff S Win User

Malwarebytes Acquires AdwCleaner

New Version of AdwCleaner out
    Version: v7.1.0.0 - 12 April 18
    New UI, and matches MB3 now.

For all the information please go here: Announcing AdwCleaner 7.1 - Malwarebytes AdwCleaner - Malwarebytes Forums

MALWAREBYTES ADWCLEANER v7.4 Pre Installed Lenovo Software Question tipsmall.png
    Tip
    How do I upgrade to AdwCleaner 7.1?
    • AdwCleaner checks for the latest version and will automatically download it for you

Cliff S, Jul 24, 2019
  3. Geethu B Win User
    adwcleaner freezes Surface 4 after scan

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that your Surface 4 Pro freezes while running adwcleaner.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

1. Conflict between third party software.

2. Corrupt software.

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to set the computer in a clean boot state and check if it helps. Setting the system in a clean boot state will help to identify if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135/en-us

Warning:

1. Applies to Windows 10.

2. After clean boot troubleshooting steps, refer to the section "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot" in the provided link to return your computer to Normal
    startup mode.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, you may try to uninstall and reinstall the
    adwcleaner and check if it works. To uninstall the adwcleaner
    follow these steps:

• Right-click on
      Start Button and click on Programs and Features.

• Right-click on the
      adwcleaner and click on Uninstall.
    Note: Make sure you have the installation media for
    adwcleaner before uninstalling it.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Jul 24, 2019
  4. Cliff S Win User

MALWAREBYTES ADWCLEANER v7.4 Pre Installed Lenovo Software Question

Cliff S, Jul 24, 2019
Thema:

MALWAREBYTES ADWCLEANER v7.4 Pre Installed Lenovo Software Question

1. MALWAREBYTES ADWCLEANER v7.4 Pre Installed Lenovo Software Question - Similar Threads - MALWAREBYTES ADWCLEANER Pre

2. Pre-installed softwares of a Dell laptops

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Pre-installed softwares of a Dell laptops: Due to some Trojan entering into my laptop I had to format it, and after formatting the only applications that are left are the dell applications, so please can someone provide me the list of softwares that come pre-installed in a new dell laptop like Java, c++, some editing...
  3. Malwarebytes AdwCleaner 8.0.2.0 Released.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Malwarebytes AdwCleaner 8.0.2.0 Released.: Malwarebytes AdwCleaner v8.0.2.0 was released earlier today. Announcement, changelog and download: https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topi...dwcleaner-802/ Thank you. 149584
  4. Pre-set up software install?

Pre-set up software install?: Hello, I have a new hp 15 laptop and I am tryin to find out if I can install a program before it goes through the initial windows setup? 135077
  5. Malwarebytes AdwCleaner Basic Repair Question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Malwarebytes AdwCleaner Basic Repair Question: I run Malwarebytes AdwCleaner once a week and at the end of the scan it gives me the option of running "basic repair" which "will reset winsock and other settings to default settings." I have always declined. While I know I can Google what this all means but I thought I would...
  6. is ADWcleaner included in Malwarebytes.

is ADWcleaner included in Malwarebytes.: Hello. I recently noticed that Malwarebytes obtained ADWcleaner is it included now in Malwarebytes premium which I have running on my PC or do I still need to run it separately? Thanks 93915
  7. Malwarebytes question

Malwarebytes question: If you only use the free version of Malwarebytes, do you need to have the tray application running? 101217
  8. Pre installed software vs Bloatware

Pre installed software vs Bloatware: Hi , I have just bought new HP Elitebook x360 1030 G2 , it comes with 1607 windows 10 build , I noticed alot of HP software apps are pre-installed about 15 application ( for security purpose , jump start , remote control , Hot keys ,,,, ) and I have read about windows 10 pro...
  9. BitsAdmin popping up and AdwCleaner question

in Windows 10 Support
    BitsAdmin popping up and AdwCleaner question: Hello! I kind of just made an account after finding help about my bitsadmin popping up out of nowhere and ran into another problem, but alas that was an old conversation. I'd like help with that, but im guessing i need to start a new thread? (though i'm not sure how to lol)...
  10. Windows 10 Pre-install questions

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Pre-install questions: Hello everyone. I just became a member here after being a loyal member of Seven Forums. I'm almost ready to install the Windows 10 upgrade into my current Windows 7 (64bit) Ultimate SP1 system. My 2009 1TB Western Digital HDD checks out fine still. About a year ago my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. adware cleaner pre-installed software toshiba.ca