Windows 10: Malwarebytes and Windows Security

Discus and support Malwarebytes and Windows Security in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have Malwarebytes turned on and Windows Security is acting strange. The dots at top of page are moving but nothing is done. Is this normal? I have... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DaveChrischilles, Jan 30, 2020.

1. Malwarebytes and Windows Security

I have Malwarebytes turned on and Windows Security is acting strange. The dots at top of page are moving but nothing is done. Is this normal? I have had Malwarebytes and Windows Security running at the same time without any problems except for the above problem. I can access Windows Security through the icon tray and there are a few "unknown" situations going on. Computer is running fine though. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance. Dave

:)

DaveChrischilles, Jan 30, 2020

2. Malwarebytes and Windows 10

Then I'll suggest you follow these steps:

1. Press Windows Key + R to open the run dialog

2. In the box that comes up, type services.msc and click OK

3. In the list, find Windows Management Instrumentation, and double click it

4. Change startup type to Automatic

5. See if you can open Malwarebytes, if not, do a reboot.

Dexter Lien, Jan 30, 2020
  3. tigger Win User
    Windows built in security

The only thing I use is windows security and malwarebytes. I have zero problems.

tigger, Jan 30, 2020
  4. 1PW
    1PW Win User

Malwarebytes and Windows Security

malwarebytes

Hello @walleyeblugil

1. Published lists that could be sorted by build number likely are non-existent. Without devoting more time, it would be best if you quote the entire version number in a reply.
    2. If you have an unexpired or lifetime license, a clean install seems indicated if you wish to upgrade to Malwarebytes for Windows. (MB4)
    If you wish to upgrade immediately, and your computer meets hardware/software minimums, then:

1. Please first make a safe/written record of the older product's valid Malwarebytes license Key/ID.
    2. Deactivate the activated license.
    3. Sequentially follow the steps in the following document:
    https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-2674

Then activate to premium:

https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-3537

HTH

Thema:

Malwarebytes and Windows Security

1. Malwarebytes and Windows Security - Similar Threads - Malwarebytes Security

2. Malwarebytes not set as my default Security Provider

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Malwarebytes not set as my default Security Provider: Hi, so Ive noticed that Malwarebytes is not set as a Security provider so does that mean that this whole time Malwarebytes has not actually been scanning for viruses or is it?[Original Title: AntiVirus]...
  3. Windows Security is not working after installing Malwarebytes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Security is not working after installing Malwarebytes: My windows security is not working.... [ATTACH] Tomorrow I had been attack by some trojan, after that I had installed Malwarebytes after that my windows security is not working. I have uninstalled Malwarebytes but its not fixing. And I couldn't find Windows Defender/...
  4. Windows Security screen is blank after I installed and uninstalled Malwarebytes

Windows Security screen is blank after I installed and uninstalled Malwarebytes: [ATTACH] So my Windows Security doesn't show anything after I used Malwarebytes to scan for some malwares. I also couldn't start Windows Defender services and in services.msc too, when I tried it showed something like "it started and then stopped". I've tried some solutions...
  5. Windows Security Virus & Threat Protection using Malwarebytes

Windows Security Virus & Threat Protection using Malwarebytes: On my Win10 PC, i have Malwarebytes configured to provide me with Windows Security's Virus & Threat Protection. The Windows Security icon always loads in the system tray before the Malwarebytes icon. Most of the time, on startup, the Windows Security's icon loads with a...
  6. Windows Security v Malwarebytes

Windows Security v Malwarebytes: We know now that Windows Security is Top Class I also use Free Malwarebytes for the occasional scan . However I pose the question is Windows Security better than Malwarebytes Premium, also what did Hexadite a Microsoft acquisition do to make Windows Security so strong ?...
  7. Does Malwarebytes 3 conflict with other security software's?

Does Malwarebytes 3 conflict with other security software's?: Malwarebytes 3 offers many more protection settings now but are any of them known to conflict with other security programs? For example, Malwarebytes 3 has individual application protection and application hardening like DEP, anti-heap spraying enforcement etc for which I...
  8. Running Malwarebytes and Norton Security Together. Is it possible?

Running Malwarebytes and Norton Security Together. Is it possible?: I've been using Norton Internet Security for quite some time and am pleased with it. I also use Malwarebytes (free) to perform occasional scans. I've noticed that Malwarebytes finds more suspicious items when scanning than when I run a Norton scan, although Norton appears to...
  9. Malwarebytes consumer Premium and Norton Security on one system?

Malwarebytes consumer Premium and Norton Security on one system?: All my systems run Norton Internet Security (provided by Comcast for $zero) and it does a good job. My wife accidentally clicked on a link in a spam email, so I'm now doing deep scans on her system. Malwarebytes consumer product free version does remediation only, so I'm...
  10. New Malwarebytes 3.0 and the need for anti virus internet security

New Malwarebytes 3.0 and the need for anti virus internet security: Hey Guys, How goes it. So today here I want to pick the brains of some you, and see what your feelings are on the new malware bytes 3 pro and the need for antivirus. As far as malwarebytes just free alone we know its awesome and I'm considering the changing the way I...