Windows 10: Malwarebytes as main Antivirus

Discus and support Malwarebytes as main Antivirus in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have a lifetime subscription to Malwarebytes and recently got a new laptop with Windows 10. I transferred the license and Malwarebytes registered as... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Hikertrash, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Malwarebytes as main Antivirus

I have a lifetime subscription to Malwarebytes and recently got a new laptop with Windows 10. I transferred the license and Malwarebytes registered as the Antivirus, shutting off Windows Defender.

I'm not sure if I like this behaviour. Can, or should I run both, or use Malwarebytes manually, or trust as is with Malwarebytes as my antivirus?

:)

Hikertrash, Jan 28, 2020

2. Malwarebytes and Windows 10

Then I'll suggest you follow these steps:

1. Press Windows Key + R to open the run dialog

2. In the box that comes up, type services.msc and click OK

3. In the list, find Windows Management Instrumentation, and double click it

4. Change startup type to Automatic

5. See if you can open Malwarebytes, if not, do a reboot.

Dexter Lien, Jan 28, 2020
  3. tacosRcool, Jan 28, 2020
  4. Malwarebytes as main Antivirus

Malwarebytes AntiVirus app disappeared on system migrated from Win7 pro to Win 10 pro

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is
    not an anti-virus
    program nor should it be used as a replacement. Malwarebytes does not act as a real-time protection scanner for every file like anti-virus software so it is
    intended to be a supplement, not a substitute. Read this Malwarebytes HelpDesk Article:

Does Malwarebytes Anti-Malware replace antivirus software?

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Supports Windows 10. When you're having issues with Malwarebytes,
    one of the solutions generally suggested by the Help Desk to try first is to uninstall/reinstall as follows:

Note: You should use the free version of Malwarebytes with WIndows 8/10 Defender since the Premium version includes real-time protection and may cause conflicts.

quietman7 - MVP, Jan 28, 2020
Thema:

Malwarebytes as main Antivirus

1. Malwarebytes as main Antivirus - Similar Threads - Malwarebytes main Antivirus

2. Windows Antivirus Doesn't Scan as Many Files as Malwarebytes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Antivirus Doesn't Scan as Many Files as Malwarebytes: Hello,I recently encountered a virus, and did full scans with both Windows AV and Malwarebytes. I noticed that Malwarebytes scanned a significantly higher number of files than Windows did, despite them both being full scans. I was wondering why this is: is this a difference...
  3. Windows Antivirus Doesn't Scan as Many Files as Malwarebytes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Antivirus Doesn't Scan as Many Files as Malwarebytes: Hello,I recently encountered a virus, and did full scans with both Windows AV and Malwarebytes. I noticed that Malwarebytes scanned a significantly higher number of files than Windows did, despite them both being full scans. I was wondering why this is: is this a difference...
  4. malwarebytes antivirus

in Windows 10 Customization
    malwarebytes antivirus: I have tried many ways to uninstall Malwarebytes from my system to no avail? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/malwarebytes-antivirus/3a6ad57a-b9d3-4eb1-9736-f0a87dc0dcfa
  5. Update Defender definitions when it isn't the main antivirus?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Update Defender definitions when it isn't the main antivirus?: I installed MalwareBytes, and Windows Defender still has a switch lets it check for malware occassionally. I can also use the latter as an additional check of individual files on demand details at https://superuser.com/a/1533024/767015. However, it isn't clear how to update...
  6. malwarebytes

malwarebytes: if i install new version will it copy over old version build 1920 148798
  7. malwarebytes

malwarebytes: Some time ago I came with some issues concerning my computer windows 10 desktop. Several members mentioned and suggested that I download the free malwarebytes program, which I did. I believed that the program was working ok, I ran it every day. Lately I believe that the...
  8. Uninstall programs using batch file(Mainly antivirus)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Uninstall programs using batch file(Mainly antivirus): I am trying to write a batch file to find antivirus installed on Windows 7,8,10. The need is like the project is trying to change firewall rules as per requirement for client machines. The clients who are windows machines should have a firewall configured with certain...
  9. Malwarebytes Premium and AVG Fee Antivirus Combo

Malwarebytes Premium and AVG Fee Antivirus Combo: My Norton Security subscription is close to expiring, and although I do like it, I'm also an experimenter. I was considering using the currently installed Windows firewall, along with Malwarebytes Premium and AVG, running together. Do you think the protection will be...
  10. Malwarebyte Antivirus

Malwarebyte Antivirus: reviews about malwarebytes 44249