Windows 10: Malwarebytes blocked an ip address?

Discus and support Malwarebytes blocked an ip address? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; It goes to some place in New Jersey when looked up. What I would like to know, how is that impacted my PC, how does it appear malicious on my PC? Never... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by sdowney717, Nov 8, 2020.

1. Malwarebytes blocked an ip address?

It goes to some place in New Jersey when looked up.
    What I would like to know, how is that impacted my PC, how does it appear malicious on my PC?
    Never seen this before, what does it mean happened?
    But the summary says no threats.

:)

sdowney717, Nov 8, 2020

2. Foreign ip address removal & blocking

I have a list of foreign IP addresses on the command prompt .These seem to have Trojan viruses in them. Is there a program to delete & block these IP addresses & any thing else that might be with them ? Thanks Don

DonaldChadman, Nov 8, 2020
  3. Finding IP address

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to find printer’s IP address:

1. Type Devices and Printers in the Windows search bar.
    2. Select on the printer and click on
      Manage.
    3. Click on the Ports tab.
      You will be able to find printer’s IP address under the ‘Ports’ tab.

Few printers also have a “Test print” option on the printer. When you print a test page from network printer, the page shows the IP address along with other details.

Note: If it is set on DHCP mode the IP address will constantly change.
    The IP address is assigned automatically by your router using a protocol called DHCP.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Nov 8, 2020
  4. mike1127 Win User

Malwarebytes blocked an ip address?

firewall rule to block addresses NOT on an IP list?

I am just starting to learn the Windows Firewall (working on both Windows 7 and 10) and I'm not impressed with the inflexibility of its rules. I would like to know if

1. Is there is a way to do what I want with Windows Firewall?
    2. Is there is a third-party firewall that would do it?

What I want to do is create a rule that blocks outgoing connections, for program X, that are to a destination **NOT** in an IP list.

Windows Firewall is not very flexible in how you specify IP list rules. When you give an IP list, your rule will match that list... you can't say "trigger the rule for non-matching IP addresses." Therefore to allow outgoing connections to a list, you have to

1. Change the entire firewall policy to block outgoing connections by default so that you can create an "allow rule" matching your list. This will mess up the rest of your programs.

2. Somehow combine a block rule and allow rule. Create a block rule for most traffic, with the "allow" rule overriding it when appropriate. However, this doesn't appear to be possible in general. It **may** be possible for connections that use IPSec, I'm not sure. And I'm not sure if I can use IPSec in my application.

And is there a third-party firewall that can do it? Most 3rd-party firewalls are LESS sophisticated than Windows Firewall, because the use case they are addressing is providing an interface that doesn't require much comprehension. I need one that's actually MORE sophisticated than Windows Firewall.

mike1127, Nov 8, 2020
Thema:

Malwarebytes blocked an ip address?

1. Malwarebytes blocked an ip address? - Similar Threads - Malwarebytes blocked address

2. Broken script for blocking IP addresses in firewall rule.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Broken script for blocking IP addresses in firewall rule.: Hi there, I am trying to run a powershell script that I got using chat gpt. The script is supposed to block a range of ip addresses from a text document and create a block rule in windows defender firewall.The script runs it and creates the rule, but the rule has no details...
  3. Broken script for blocking IP addresses in firewall rule.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Broken script for blocking IP addresses in firewall rule.: Hi there, I am trying to run a powershell script that I got using chat gpt. The script is supposed to block a range of ip addresses from a text document and create a block rule in windows defender firewall.The script runs it and creates the rule, but the rule has no details...
  4. Windows 10 - IP Address Blocked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 - IP Address Blocked: I don't know whether this is the right place to ask this question, but I'm running out of options, so here goes ...I have a Windows 10 laptop linked to a 4G Router. Other devices such as mobile phones are connected to the same router. Everything seems to work OK, except when...
  5. Windows 10 - IP Address Blocked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 - IP Address Blocked: I don't know whether this is the right place to ask this question, but I'm running out of options, so here goes ...I have a Windows 10 laptop linked to a 4G Router. Other devices such as mobile phones are connected to the same router. Everything seems to work OK, except when...
  6. Windows 10 - IP Address Blocked

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. IP Address.

IP Address.: How do I find the IP address of mu computer (running W10)? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ip-address/00092bb2-a514-4914-9938-3ca553c4e29a
  8. IP Address

in Windows 10 Customization
    IP Address: How do I find the IP address of my desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ip-address/2bb05fc1-6350-45a4-bd4d-fdd5a278655e
  9. IP Address

IP Address: How can I find my IP Address on facebook as I thank someone has tried to hack my account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/ip-address/4bba95ea-7fb3-4096-ae5e-95e62cbee6c2
  10. firewall rule to block addresses NOT on an IP list?

firewall rule to block addresses NOT on an IP list?: I am just starting to learn the Windows Firewall (working on both Windows 7 and 10) and I'm not impressed with the inflexibility of its rules. I would like to know if 1. Is there is a way to do what I want with Windows Firewall? 2. Is there is a third-party firewall...