Windows 10: MalwareBytes Detects Safe File All the Time.. What to do?

Discus and support MalwareBytes Detects Safe File All the Time.. What to do? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I got firefox installed. When i run Malwarebytes it identifies and quarantines 'pref.js' in the firefox directory. But its supposed to be a needed and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by yahanna, Dec 5, 2018.

1. yahanna Win User

MalwareBytes Detects Safe File All the Time.. What to do?

I got firefox installed. When i run Malwarebytes it identifies and quarantines 'pref.js' in the firefox directory. But its supposed to be a needed and safe file which is part of firefox. After its quarantined and I run Malwarebytes again, it detects it again! Why is this happening and what do i do about this?

:)

yahanna, Dec 5, 2018

2. Malwarebytes = False Positive??

Recently downloaded Malwarebytes and decided to do a quick scan after noticing random slow downs on my machine.

Now i regularly run a full scan with Windows Defender and KIS using the full rootkit scan option.

when I ran Malwarebytes. it came up with this

MalwareBytes Detects Safe File All the Time.. What to do? FalsePositive.jpg

I googled this after it was detected and theres not really that much information on it at all. but whatever little information there is, conflicts with one another.

There are some sites that say that it isnt a threat. then there are those that say it is a 'medium' threat and describes how to remove it.

Ive tried using Malwarebytes to remove it more then 5 times. I even went into safe mode to scan and see if i can removed them both with Malwarebytes and both manually following the steps on a website. however. even though Malwarebytes has detected the threat in that particular folder. when i do a file search or look for it manually with folder options set to show all hidden files. I cant seem to find it at all. and the only UL.dll file is located in a Roxio Shared folder.

Windows defender didnt pick anything up. Kaspersky 2012 on a full custom scan with the rootkit option selected didnt pick anything up.

and i have OCD so im starting to panic as i dont want to completely reinstall windows as this install is pretty fresh.

I have no idea how something like this would get past kaspersky and regular scans. Im always careful of the sites i visit otherwise kaspersky would block me from entering the site.

WHAT DO I DO?

MalwareBytes Detects Safe File All the Time.. What to do? 2rq11tu.gif

FreedomEclipse, Dec 5, 2018
  3. Malwarebytes detected as psw.banker5.ZOY using AVG

It appears that a few are having problems with malwarebyte and AVG detecting it as a trogan.
    Malwarebytes forum
    Cnet Download forum

EastCoasthandle, Dec 5, 2018
  4. MalwareBytes Detects Safe File All the Time.. What to do?

Does Malwarebytes work?

A lot of people recommended Malwarebytes for Anti-spy/malware, but I have a concern with this free program. Ok so Windows detected some trojans/ adware in both my C: and D: drive, so I then ran Malwarebytes and the program prompt this: "
    MalwareBytes Detects Safe File All the Time.. What to do? malware.png
    " *Wtf :wtf:

So I ran another program that I used in the past called SUPER-antispyware and it detected 13 trojan/ adware files. *Nutkick :nutkick:

My question is: Windows and Super-antispyware found these threats but not Malwarebytes? I have good things about this program, but it has been ineffective for me.:shadedshu Is this program not designed to find certain files?

Edit: Yes, I have ran all updates before I ran the sanning.

t77snapshot, Dec 5, 2018
Thema:

MalwareBytes Detects Safe File All the Time.. What to do?

1. MalwareBytes Detects Safe File All the Time.. What to do? - Similar Threads - MalwareBytes Detects Safe

2. Is Malwarebytes safe to use?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is Malwarebytes safe to use?: Is Malwarebytes safe to use? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-malwarebytes-safe-to-use/bddb0134-00df-444f-90de-f147751e1045
  3. Is Malwarebytes safe to use?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is Malwarebytes safe to use?: Is Malwarebytes safe to use? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-malwarebytes-safe-to-use/bddb0134-00df-444f-90de-f147751e1045
  4. Is Malwarebytes safe to use?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Malwarebytes detected Trojan.Starter in SKYPE.EXE.LNK file

Malwarebytes detected Trojan.Starter in SKYPE.EXE.LNK file: A severe Trojan threat was detected on my Laptop yesterday with Windows Defender Antivirus. The threat was quarantined and supposedly, "Removed or Restored" according to Windows Defender Antivirus. I then installed ADW Cleaner using a USB installed from an uninfected...
  6. Malwarebytes Trojan.Starter detected in SKYPE.EXE.LNK file

Malwarebytes Trojan.Starter detected in SKYPE.EXE.LNK file: A severe Trojan threat was detected on my Laptop yesterday with Windows Defender Antivirus. The threat was quarantined and supposedly, "Removed or Restored" according to Windows Defender Antivirus. I then installed ADW Cleaner using a USB installed from an uninfected...
  7. Ran a Malwarebytes scan, detected 35 items. Safe to share the results?

Ran a Malwarebytes scan, detected 35 items. Safe to share the results?: Hi, so I just installed and scanned with Malwarebytes. It detected 35 items. Is it safe to share the results? I'd edit this post and attach it if it is. [EDIT] Attached my scan results. Are these all safe to quarantine? Also, I'd like to point out that my Windows Defender,...
  8. MalwareBytes Detects Safe File All the Time.. What to do?

MalwareBytes Detects Safe File All the Time.. What to do?: I got firefox installed. When i run Malwarebytes it identifies and quarantines 'pref.js' in the firefox directory. But its supposed to be a needed and safe file which is part of firefox. After its quarantined and I run Malwarebytes again, it detects it again! Why is this...
  9. Malwarebytes does not detect change in hosts file

Malwarebytes does not detect change in hosts file: I made a change in my hosts file myself, in order to block Google ads. Windows Defender immediately gave a warning. A scan with Malwarebytes free did not give any notice. Remarkable. 57755
  10. What is this OS doing all the time???

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    What is this OS doing all the time???: I am getting more and more pissed of by Windows 10! Again and again my system (an MS Surface 3 Pro) feels extremely sluggish, switching windows or scrolling or even just grabbing a scrollbar or any other UI interaction for that matter seems to take forever! Oftentimes...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. is netfiltersvc safe