Windows 10: Malwarebytes gone and Windows Defender not working properly after a restart

Discus and support Malwarebytes gone and Windows Defender not working properly after a restart in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; After I restarted my PC, suddenly my Malwarebytes was completely gone and Windows Defender no longer working correctly. When I go to "Windows Security"... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JadedJ, Oct 4, 2020.

1. JadedJ Win User

Malwarebytes gone and Windows Defender not working properly after a restart

After I restarted my PC, suddenly my Malwarebytes was completely gone and Windows Defender no longer working correctly. When I go to "Windows Security" in the system Settings all I get is a blank page like this: Malwarebytes gone and Windows Defender not working properly after a restart 5af0a909-dd9a-4be4-86df-ca3066da6e7c?upload=true.png

Windows Defender no longer shows up in the notification tray either, despite it being enabled in Task Manager and it shows it running.

Because of this I tried restoring my PC to a previous date, this worked only temporarily and I got everything back. But now it's happened again, what's causing this and how do I fix it? My Windows is fully updated so I know it's not that.

:)

JadedJ, Oct 4, 2020
  2. Julsie Win User

Defender disabled by Malwarebytes?

Thank you for your response,

I checked on "maintenance" as you suggested and then looked at "security". It shows Malwarebytes as being the antiviral program. I had installed this program a long time ago.

However, it is not considered to be anti-virus. Rather, it is anti-malware.

But, it seems that Windows 10 has accepted it as the anti-virus program.

Do you have any other suggestions?

I have considered un-installing Malwarebytes and then reinstalling it after Defender has restarted properly.

What do you think about that?

Julsie, Oct 4, 2020
  3. Julsie Win User
    Defender disabled by Malwarebytes?

[Merged]

Windows 10 accepts Malwarebytes as complete antivirus, and will not allow full Defender to work.

Yet, according to many searches Malwarebytes is not considered to be a complete antivirus.

I had to remove Malwarebytes from my laptop to get Defender to work fully.

Any suggestions about how to use complete Defender while running Malwarebytes

Moved from Windows 10

Original title: Malwarebytes and Defender

Julsie, Oct 4, 2020
  4. Malwarebytes gone and Windows Defender not working properly after a restart

Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Oct 4, 2020
Thema:

Malwarebytes gone and Windows Defender not working properly after a restart

1. Malwarebytes gone and Windows Defender not working properly after a restart - Similar Threads - Malwarebytes gone Defender

2. Windows defender not working after downloading malwarebytes

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows defender not working after downloading malwarebytes: A couple months back I download malwarebytes, after the free trial ended I supposed I didn't need it anymore, so I deleted it completely, now windows defender wont turn back on. "the threat service has stopped, restart it now" I clicked that and it kept loading then came up...
  3. Defender and Malwarebytes

Defender and Malwarebytes: Can Defender and Malwarebytes run together? Do I have to disable one to use the other? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/defender-and-malwarebytes/f5875915-752c-4803-b761-cd49242dc225
  4. Windows Defender and Malwarebytes

Windows Defender and Malwarebytes: What should I do if I use Malwarebytes with Windows Defender ? [Original Title: Windows Defender] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-and-malwarebytes/2f649ff1-9d93-48c7-97ab-680c114c3e62
  5. Windows defender not working properly

Windows defender not working properly: So I have everything updated on a Matebook x Pro (windows 1803) however it seems that the defender is bugged what should I do? All the settings are grayed out (see the example below) and the scan doesn't work. The service is up and running regularly. [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  6. Malwarebytes stopped working properly after recent Windows 8.1 update

Malwarebytes stopped working properly after recent Windows 8.1 update: I have Malwarebytes Premium 3.6.1 which worked until just recently. Following a update of Windows 8.1, I cannot turn on the Malware Protection layer. Its still scans my files. How do I get Malwarebytes to work again? Thanks in anticipation Anthony Moffoot...
  7. windows defender+malwarebytes??

windows defender+malwarebytes??: what happen if i install malwarebytes while using windows defender ? will this two is enough for my device against malware and viruses https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defendermalwarebytes/f5ef60b1-adb1-4dd6-8244-a3bb0cf69bbc"
  8. Malwarebytes & Windows defender?

Malwarebytes & Windows defender?: Hello hello, New win 10 user here and need to ask a question. I had defender running, I installed Malwarebytes (paid) and defender has shut itself down I think? No matter what I do I can not start it up. And I keep getting notifications to install an AV program or enable...
  9. Windows Defender or Malwarebytes

Windows Defender or Malwarebytes: I have Windows 10 and have used the free Malwarebytes for quite sometime. However, I've read where Windows Defender does a pretty good job. I suppose it's all a matter of opinion but I'm thinking of removing Malwarebytes and just using Defender. Or do you think that's a bad...
  10. Malwarebytes and windows defender

Malwarebytes and windows defender: Glad to hear it. Please click the "Solved" box at the bottom of the thread. It will help other users that might come across the same issue.