Windows 10: Malwarebytes Hacked by SolarWinds Attackers

Discus and support Malwarebytes Hacked by SolarWinds Attackers in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Excerpts: US cyber-security firm Malwarebytes today said it was hacked by the same group which breached IT software company SolarWinds last year.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by pericles, Jan 19, 2021.

1. pericles Win User

Malwarebytes Hacked by SolarWinds Attackers

Excerpts:

US cyber-security firm Malwarebytes today said it was hacked by the same group which breached IT software company SolarWinds last year.

Malwarebytes said its intrusion is not related to the SolarWinds supply chain incident since the company doesn't use any of SolarWinds software in its internal network.

Instead, the security firm said the hackers breached its internal systems by exploiting an Azure Active Directory weakness and abusing malicious Office 365 applications.

Malwarebytes said it learned of the intrusion from the Microsoft Security Response Center (MSRC) on December 15.

"After an extensive investigation, we determined the attacker only gained access to a limited subset of internal company emails," said today Marcin Kleczynski, Malwarebytes co-founder and current CEO.

"Our internal systems showed no evidence of unauthorized access or compromise in any on-premises and production environments.

"Our software remains safe to use," Kleczynski added.

Malwarebytes said it was hacked by the same group who breached SolarWinds | ZDNet

:)

pericles, Jan 19, 2021
  2. Cliff S Win User
    Cliff S, Jan 19, 2021
  3. jamis Win User
    SolarWind Hack...

I just read that the hack of the SolarWind software that targeted government facilities also infiltrated MS. I realize it’s a bit premature to be concerned, but the media seems to be light on information concerning this. Has anyone heard more on this?

jamis, Jan 19, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Microsoft says it identified 40+ victims of the SolarWinds hack

Read more:

Brink, Jan 19, 2021
Thema:

1. Malwarebytes Hacked by SolarWinds Attackers - Similar Threads - Malwarebytes Hacked SolarWinds

2. Can't uninstall Solarwinds SCP Server

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't uninstall Solarwinds SCP Server: Hi I installed Solarwinds SCP Server and have decided it's not for me. I've gone into Control Panel / Uninstall or Change a program and selected it to Uninstall. After a couple of seconds I get a screen with a red background saying 'This app has been blocked for your...
  3. Microsoft says it identified 40+ victims of the SolarWinds hack

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft says it identified 40+ victims of the SolarWinds hack: Microsoft said it identified more than 40 of its customers that installed trojanized versions of the SolarWinds Orion platform and where hackers escalated intrusions with additional, second-stage payloads. The OS maker said it was able to discover these intrusions using data...
  4. SolarWind Hack...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    SolarWind Hack...: I just read that the hack of the SolarWind software that targeted government facilities also infiltrated MS. I realize its a bit premature to be concerned, but the media seems to be light on information concerning this. Has anyone heard more on this? 170721
  5. Malwarebytes pop-up attacking Windows Defender. Window 10

Malwarebytes pop-up attacking Windows Defender. Window 10: Every couple of hours or so, this MBAM message appears: [ATTACH] I don't want to click on "Learn More" as I've no hard evidence that it's from Mbam. There's no URL so I can't block it that way - is there any other way that I can stop it appearing?...
  6. malwarebytes

malwarebytes: if i install new version will it copy over old version build 1920 148798
  7. malwarebytes

malwarebytes: Some time ago I came with some issues concerning my computer windows 10 desktop. Several members mentioned and suggested that I download the free malwarebytes program, which I did. I believed that the program was working ok, I ran it every day. Lately I believe that the...
  8. Malwarebytes

Malwarebytes: I bought a new all in one computer just over two weeks ago. Malwarebytes have given me 14 days free and to update want payment. Also McAfee Live Safe came on the computer but not sure if that is for free either? With Microsoft security already on the computer do I really...
  9. Malwarebytes

in Windows 10 Support
    Malwarebytes: Is a Malwarebytes a good program to have, or a bad one. It seems to claim it's blocking PUP sites when I'm on my local weather station or when Edge is trying to switch to another site like Facebook or Yahoo. I'm beginning to wonder if it is the Malware. 131072
  10. Hacking Attack ? or something else

Hacking Attack ? or something else: Yesterday my machine crashed and rebooted , when I investigated the Minidump I read a message in it "This is the classic "buffer overrun" hacking attack and the system has been brought down to prevent a malicious user from gaining complete control of it." It also mentions...