Windows 10: malwarebytes keeps blocking sites that I know are good

Discus and support malwarebytes keeps blocking sites that I know are good in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; When Malwarebytes blocks a site that I believe is OK, is there a way to un-block the site? 97596 Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Frank1, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Frank1 Win User

malwarebytes keeps blocking sites that I know are good

When Malwarebytes blocks a site that I believe is OK, is there a way to un-block the site?

:)

Frank1, Nov 8, 2017
  2. barb2_801 Win User

is front.optimization.com a malicious website?

Malwarebytes keeps blocking front.optimization.com as a malicious website. Has anyone else had this happen or is this really a malicious site?

barb2_801, Nov 8, 2017
  3. Rob709 Win User
    Office XP Service Pack 3 - Error 0x80096004

Coynegen -

You can contact a Microsoft Technician by going to http://www.microsoft.com/support. On that site there is a Contact option. You can call Microsoft support using the number provided there.

I am not sure what Avast is doing but my guess it is blocking something in the Firewall. I only use Windows Defender and Malwarebytes Premium. I do know that some anti-virus programs can cause issues. I had a subscription to AVG which I no longer use.

Good luck and keep posted.

Rob709, Nov 8, 2017
  4. malwarebytes keeps blocking sites that I know are good

Caledon Ken, Nov 8, 2017
  5. Frank1 Win User
    Well I probably made a mistake but I got ticked off after the third time it blocked a site for me and I uninstalled it. I suppose I should reinstall it.

Frank1, Nov 8, 2017
  6. 1PW
    1PW Win User
    Hello Frank1:

Even if the sites in question are perfectly clean, they may very well share an IP address with an offender.

Please consider studying the two (2) pinned topics within the following URL and then start your own topic there to report a potential False Positive (FP) and begin a thorough investigation. Thank you.

https://forums.malwarebytes.com/forum/123-website-blocking/

7. Cliff S New Member
    One can also get a second opinion about a site from Virus Total: VirusTotal

It could be that a sites advertising was hijacked or even page hijacking, and needs to be "cleaned up" from their admins.
    This happens all the time to Yahoo for example.

Cliff S, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

malwarebytes keeps blocking sites that I know are good

1. malwarebytes keeps blocking sites that I know are good - Similar Threads - malwarebytes keeps blocking

2. Blocked sites

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blocked sites: Why have you blocked access to certain sites that I had access to in the recent past. I am a concenting adult of 65 years of age? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blocked-sites/abd01c8a-e78b-4f0f-aa62-f4b49c9de4f2
  3. Blocked sites

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blocked sites: Why have you blocked access to certain sites that I had access to in the recent past. I am a concenting adult of 65 years of age? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blocked-sites/abd01c8a-e78b-4f0f-aa62-f4b49c9de4f2
  4. Blocked sites

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. ignored and continued to a trojan site malwarebytes detected it but i continued i dont know...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ignored and continued to a trojan site malwarebytes detected it but i continued i dont know...: ignored and continued to a trojan site malwarebytes detected it but i continued i dont know why and my d: partition deleted lost how i can recover it now pls help 0 first sector is not good and 32k sectors is not good also only i can found that...
  6. Malwarebytes blocked an ip address?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Malwarebytes blocked an ip address?: It goes to some place in New Jersey when looked up. What I would like to know, how is that impacted my PC, how does it appear malicious on my PC? Never seen this before, what does it mean happened? But the summary says no threats. 167959
  7. Site is blocked

in Windows 10 Customization
    Site is blocked: I accidentally caused the facebook.com site to be block on my laptop. After my mistake, attempting to access facebook.com results in this notification. ===== Block Site www.facebook.com is blocked! In order to remove this domain from the block list, please visit options...
  8. Blocked Sites

Blocked Sites: Hard to believe that #Microsoft is running a scam but if your computer downloads a specific “infected” site a warning comes up on your computer telling you that your blocked by Microsoft and to call a Microsoft 1800 number to “unblock” your computer. When you call the number,...
  9. Malwarebytes blocked sharing-is-caring.info

Malwarebytes blocked sharing-is-caring.info: Hello, Over the past few days Malwarebytes kept telling me that it keeps blocking a website called sharing-is-caring.info I searched it up and they have instructions for programs like UnHackMe and SpyHunter and then I looked for the manual method. I looked at my apps and I...
  10. Malwarebytes keeps saying blocked sharing-is-caring.info

in Windows 10 Support
    Malwarebytes keeps saying blocked sharing-is-caring.info: Hello, Over the past few days Malwarebytes kept telling me that it keeps blocking a website called sharing-is-caring.info I searched it up and they have instructions for programs like UnHackMe and SpyHunter and then I looked for the manual method. I looked at my apps and I...