Windows 10: Malwarebytes pop-up attacking Windows Defender. Window 10

Discus and support Malwarebytes pop-up attacking Windows Defender. Window 10 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Every couple of hours or so, this MBAM message appears: [ATTACH] I don't want to click on "Learn More" as I've no hard evidence that it's from... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Taffy087, Feb 28, 2020.

1. Taffy087 Win User

Malwarebytes pop-up attacking Windows Defender. Window 10

Every couple of hours or so, this MBAM message appears:

Malwarebytes pop-up attacking Windows Defender. Window 10 64f07494-75a3-4523-8264-63a90d6ebe4d?upload=true.png

I don't want to click on "Learn More" as I've no hard evidence that it's from Mbam.

There's no URL so I can't block it that way - is there any other way that I can stop it appearing?

:)

Taffy087, Feb 28, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 28, 2020
  3. Windows defender's process running despite it being disabled.

Windows Defender is integrated within Windows 10. So you have it and it is running (as it should be) unless you installed a 3rd party "real-time" anti-malware solution. If you are using an alternative security solution, it should have registered itself with Windows Action Center which would then disable the real-time component of Windows Defender - unless you specifically told the 3rd party solution not to register itself.

For example, if you purchased Malwarebytes "Premium", it has a real-time scanner (the free version does not). When you install Malwarebytes Premium, it registers itself in Windows Action Center. But because Malwarebytes and Windows Defender play very well together without hogging resources or causing conflicts, it is often recommended to allow each to run at the same time. So to allow that, the user has to manually go into the Malwarebytes control panel Settings menu and select the option to "Never register Malwarebytes in the Windows Action Center".

I suspect other 3rd party solutions provide similar options so you might check that out if you did indeed, install a 3rd party security solution.

Both Windows Update and Windows Defender are supposed to step way back in to the background so they do not interfere with system performance when you are actively using your computer. But this is not always possible, especially if you regularly shut down your computer when you step away from it (instead of just letting it go to sleep), as too much time may have passed and your system is too far behind in Windows and security updates.

Without you noting which program was actually consuming the lion's share of that 80%, there's no way to tell what, at this point, was causing the problem. However, I would not put it past a browser. Chrome, for example, is very good (or bad, I should say) at eating up a lot of RAM and failing to let it go when exited.

Bill_Bright, Feb 28, 2020
  4. 95Viper Win User

95Viper, Feb 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Malwarebytes pop-up attacking Windows Defender. Window 10 - Similar Threads - Malwarebytes pop attacking

2. windows defender pop up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows defender pop up: trying to log on to my internet and a window pops up saying its window defender blocking my account and tells me to call customer support https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-pop-up/c87f552c-1442-4fbe-a5e5-85e7998b8b6f
  3. windows defender pop up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows defender pop up: trying to log on to my internet and a window pops up saying its window defender blocking my account and tells me to call customer support https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-pop-up/c87f552c-1442-4fbe-a5e5-85e7998b8b6f
  4. Malwarebytes Hacked by SolarWinds Attackers

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Malwarebytes Hacked by SolarWinds Attackers: Excerpts: US cyber-security firm Malwarebytes today said it was hacked by the same group which breached IT software company SolarWinds last year. Malwarebytes said its intrusion is not related to the SolarWinds supply chain incident since the company doesn't use any of...
  5. Windows Defender and Malwarebytes

Windows Defender and Malwarebytes: What should I do if I use Malwarebytes with Windows Defender ? [Original Title: Windows Defender] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-and-malwarebytes/2f649ff1-9d93-48c7-97ab-680c114c3e62
  6. WINDOWS DEFENDER POP-UPS

WINDOWS DEFENDER POP-UPS: i am going crazy from Windows Defender Popups with either a siren or voice warning me not to shut down. They lock up my computer. PLEASE GET THIS FIXED!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-pop-ups/8ebe1729-87f3-4622-a76a-7812699f40f9
  7. windows defender+malwarebytes??

windows defender+malwarebytes??: what happen if i install malwarebytes while using windows defender ? will this two is enough for my device against malware and viruses https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defendermalwarebytes/f5ef60b1-adb1-4dd6-8244-a3bb0cf69bbc"
  8. Malwarebytes & Windows defender?

Malwarebytes & Windows defender?: Hello hello, New win 10 user here and need to ask a question. I had defender running, I installed Malwarebytes (paid) and defender has shut itself down I think? No matter what I do I can not start it up. And I keep getting notifications to install an AV program or enable...
  9. Windows Defender or Malwarebytes

Windows Defender or Malwarebytes: I have Windows 10 and have used the free Malwarebytes for quite sometime. However, I've read where Windows Defender does a pretty good job. I suppose it's all a matter of opinion but I'm thinking of removing Malwarebytes and just using Defender. Or do you think that's a bad...
  10. Malwarebytes and windows defender

Malwarebytes and windows defender: Glad to hear it. Please click the "Solved" box at the bottom of the thread. It will help other users that might come across the same issue.