Windows 10: Malwarebytes Pro and Windows Defender

Discus and support Malwarebytes Pro and Windows Defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi there I always used Windows Defender and no other antivirus for ages and never had problems. However, to perform a short scan for Malwares on my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Yxz_Aka, Feb 8, 2021.

1. Yxz_Aka Win User

Malwarebytes Pro and Windows Defender

Hi there

I always used Windows Defender and no other antivirus for ages and never had problems.

However, to perform a short scan for Malwares on my PC I bought the pro version of Malwarebytes Pro

I would like to know if keeping it installed but keeping it "not active" I mean not in background and not to start on boot, can cause security fails and incompatibility with Windows Defender.

It is better to Un-install it?

Many thanks in advance!

:)

Yxz_Aka, Feb 8, 2021
  2. Julsie Win User

Defender disabled by Malwarebytes?

[Merged]

Windows 10 accepts Malwarebytes as complete antivirus, and will not allow full Defender to work.

Yet, according to many searches Malwarebytes is not considered to be a complete antivirus.

I had to remove Malwarebytes from my laptop to get Defender to work fully.

Any suggestions about how to use complete Defender while running Malwarebytes

Moved from Windows 10

Original title: Malwarebytes and Defender

Julsie, Feb 8, 2021
  3. Is Windows defender and Malwarebytes pro enough? (Win10)

Hi:

For most users and most computers with most of the popular AVs, it's not necessary to set mutual exclusions between Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (MBAM) Premium and the AV.

But each computer is unique.

If you wish to set those exclusions, the steps below outline the process for MBAM exclusions in the AV and the screen cap below shows an example of excluding the AV's folder in MBAM.

Cheers,
    MM
    ------------------

Please exclude the following files from your Antivirus Software for your version of Windows:

For 32 bit versions of Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 & Windows 8 & Windows 10:
    • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
    • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbamdor.exe
    • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbampt.exe
    • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe
    • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbamresearch.exe
    • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbamscheduler.exe

For 64 bit versions of Windows Vista, Windows 7 & Windows 8 & Windows 10:
    • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
    • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbamdor.exe
    • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbampt.exe
    • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbamresearch.exe
    • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe
    • C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware \mbamscheduler.exe
    Note: If you are using a software firewall besides the built in Windows Firewall, you'll need to exclude MBAM.EXE, MBAMSERVICE.EXE and MBAMRESEARCH.EXE from it, as well.

Note: Once that's done, please make sure that if either of those programs has any sort of web filter, that you add the following as a trusted site:
    Code:
    Code:
    data-cdn.mbamupdates.com

MoxieMomma, Feb 8, 2021
  4. Phusius Win User

Windows Defender has a red X and says service has stopped, please help

so it does automatically disable windows defender then? this is normal for malwarebytes pro?

Phusius, Feb 8, 2021
Thema:

1. Malwarebytes Pro and Windows Defender - Similar Threads - Malwarebytes Pro Defender

2. Malwarebytes not detected by Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Malwarebytes not detected by Windows Defender: I have Malwarebytes installed but windows defender doesn't detect it and go into Periodic Scanning like it always has done, It just stays like it normally is, Like Above Current Threats its Suppose to List Malwarebytes but its just blank, With Malwarebytes I have the Windows...
  3. Defender and Malwarebytes

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender and Malwarebytes: Can Defender and Malwarebytes run together? Do I have to disable one to use the other? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/defender-and-malwarebytes/f5875915-752c-4803-b761-cd49242dc225
  4. Windows Defender and Malwarebytes

Windows Defender and Malwarebytes: What should I do if I use Malwarebytes with Windows Defender ? [Original Title: Windows Defender] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-and-malwarebytes/2f649ff1-9d93-48c7-97ab-680c114c3e62
  5. windows defender+malwarebytes??

windows defender+malwarebytes??: what happen if i install malwarebytes while using windows defender ? will this two is enough for my device against malware and viruses https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defendermalwarebytes/f5ef60b1-adb1-4dd6-8244-a3bb0cf69bbc"
  6. Is Windows defender and Malwarebytes pro enough? (Win10)

Is Windows defender and Malwarebytes pro enough? (Win10): I'm just curious if Malwarebytes coupled with Windows defender is enough. I would like to add I use the internet quite a bit so I would like solid protection. I know windows defender doesn't have the BEST detection rate but I would hope Malwarebytes could pickup whatever...
  7. Malwarebytes & Windows defender?

Malwarebytes & Windows defender?: Hello hello, New win 10 user here and need to ask a question. I had defender running, I installed Malwarebytes (paid) and defender has shut itself down I think? No matter what I do I can not start it up. And I keep getting notifications to install an AV program or enable...
  8. Windows Defender or Malwarebytes Pro ?

Windows Defender or Malwarebytes Pro ?: In Windows7 I ran both at same time with no problems,can this be done in Windows10? If not what is the best one to use? 29191
  9. Windows Defender or Malwarebytes

Windows Defender or Malwarebytes: I have Windows 10 and have used the free Malwarebytes for quite sometime. However, I've read where Windows Defender does a pretty good job. I suppose it's all a matter of opinion but I'm thinking of removing Malwarebytes and just using Defender. Or do you think that's a bad...
  10. Malwarebytes and windows defender

Malwarebytes and windows defender: Glad to hear it. Please click the "Solved" box at the bottom of the thread. It will help other users that might come across the same issue.