Windows 10: Malwarebytes Quarantine and Windows Defender

Discus and support Malwarebytes Quarantine and Windows Defender in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I accidently clicked on an dubious site looking for info I was told smartscreen wasn't working but the items had been stopped from entering folders .... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by bilwedd10, Sep 24, 2018.

1. bilwedd10 Win User

Malwarebytes Quarantine and Windows Defender

I accidently clicked on an dubious site looking for info I was told smartscreen wasn't working but the items had been stopped from entering folders . This was great , I ran the free version of Malwarebytes and it found 4 Items , they turned out to be PUPs and were put in quarantine. On the free MWB there no option to delete (quarantine always reminds me of somebody under arrest but could break free and still do damage . Like here in the UK were the Police are stupidly unarmed and get killed its heartbreaking) Soz I diverse. Defender has now become so strong especially since the introduction of Israeli Technology ie. Hexadite etc. Test results are brilliant . Satya Nadella the CEO at Redmond promised us the most secure Windows ever and its getting there . Well done Redmond. Although these items were blocked we should have the option to Delete Redmond could you please help

[Original Title: Windows defender]

:)

bilwedd10, Sep 24, 2018

2. windows defender quarantine

Julia,

GreginMich
    replied

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...ndows-10/d123873e-5498-4d3f-be6d-83e8520424ac

Nothing has changed. We still have erroneous status reports in the Full history page just like we did in the All detected items page in the classic Defender interface. If a threat doesn't appear in the Quarantined threats list on the Scan history page,
    then it wasn't actually quarantined.

So we need to correct the documentation here:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/help/antimalware-faq

On Windows Defender Antivirus for Windows 10 version 1703 and later:

• Use the Windows search box to find and open the Windows Defender Security Center
    • Navigate to the Virus & threat protection > Scan history.
    • Under Quarantined threats, select
      See full history

On earlier versions of Windows:

• Open Microsoft Security Essentials or Windows Defender.
    • Click the History tab.
    • Select Quarantined items and then View details. You might be asked for an admin password or to confirm your choice.
    Once you have reviewed the quarantined items you can:

• Select Remove all to delete all quarantined software.
    • Select individual files, and then click Remove or
      Restore

`~`

José Antonio Pontón Posada CEO, Sep 24, 2018
  3. Windows Defender is missing Restore Button for Quarantined Threats

It wasn't listed under "Quarantined Threats", but was listed in "See full history" as quarantined. It has been about 2 hours
    and now it is listed under "Quarantined Threats" which now shows the Restore or Delete options. Something must be causing
    a delay in listing the quarantined file under "Quarantined Threats" after they have been found and quarantined by Defender.

Crawdaddy1999, Sep 24, 2018
  4. Malwarebytes Quarantine and Windows Defender

windows defender quarantine

This error in the documentation is causing lots of confusion. You actually can’t review or restore quarantined items in the WDSC Full History page, which corresponds to the All Detected Items page in the classic Windows Defender UI. The Quarantined
    Threats list on the Scan History page corresponds to the Quarantined Items page in the classic UI, and that list will display any items that have actually been quarantined as well as provide the options to remove or restore any of those items, as we can see
    in this screenshot:

Malwarebytes Quarantine and Windows Defender d40c846d-17ce-4efc-a3e4-5e9709699134?upload=true.png

GreginMich, Sep 24, 2018
Thema:

Malwarebytes Quarantine and Windows Defender

1. Malwarebytes Quarantine and Windows Defender - Similar Threads - Malwarebytes Quarantine Defender

2. Malwarebytes not detected by Windows Defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Malwarebytes not detected by Windows Defender: I have Malwarebytes installed but windows defender doesn't detect it and go into Periodic Scanning like it always has done, It just stays like it normally is, Like Above Current Threats its Suppose to List Malwarebytes but its just blank, With Malwarebytes I have the Windows...
  3. Defender and Malwarebytes

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender and Malwarebytes: Can Defender and Malwarebytes run together? Do I have to disable one to use the other? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/defender-and-malwarebytes/f5875915-752c-4803-b761-cd49242dc225
  4. Windows Defender and Malwarebytes

Windows Defender and Malwarebytes: What should I do if I use Malwarebytes with Windows Defender ? [Original Title: Windows Defender] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-defender-and-malwarebytes/2f649ff1-9d93-48c7-97ab-680c114c3e62
  5. Quarantine Threats in Windows Defender

Quarantine Threats in Windows Defender: I am new to windows 10. I have windows defender. It shows threats were quarantined. I need to know where to go from there. When I click on threat quarantined it asks do you allow changes to this device. [Original Title: windows defender]...
  6. No Quarantine in Windows Defender?

No Quarantine in Windows Defender?: I installed Windows 10 1903 and noticed in the Windows Defender settings that the Quarantine section has been removed. Where would I find the Quarantine within Windows Defender in 1903? 137937
  7. windows defender+malwarebytes??

windows defender+malwarebytes??: what happen if i install malwarebytes while using windows defender ? will this two is enough for my device against malware and viruses https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defendermalwarebytes/f5ef60b1-adb1-4dd6-8244-a3bb0cf69bbc"
  8. Malwarebytes & Windows defender?

Malwarebytes & Windows defender?: Hello hello, New win 10 user here and need to ask a question. I had defender running, I installed Malwarebytes (paid) and defender has shut itself down I think? No matter what I do I can not start it up. And I keep getting notifications to install an AV program or enable...
  9. Windows Defender or Malwarebytes

Windows Defender or Malwarebytes: I have Windows 10 and have used the free Malwarebytes for quite sometime. However, I've read where Windows Defender does a pretty good job. I suppose it's all a matter of opinion but I'm thinking of removing Malwarebytes and just using Defender. Or do you think that's a bad...
  10. Malwarebytes and windows defender

Malwarebytes and windows defender: Glad to hear it. Please click the "Solved" box at the bottom of the thread. It will help other users that might come across the same issue.