Windows 10: Malwarebytes Removal 4.0.4.49

Discus and support Malwarebytes Removal 4.0.4.49 in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Getting 'ing sick of this program after a few issues, and now this - i can't seem to get rid of it. I removed ESET and Mwb before doing my upgrade... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by wolfie138, Jan 17, 2020.

1. wolfie138 Win User

Malwarebytes Removal 4.0.4.49

Getting 'ing sick of this program after a few issues, and now this - i can't seem to get rid of it.

I removed ESET and Mwb before doing my upgrade from W7 to W10 the other day. today i've noticed Mwb on my start menu, so i've tried to uninstall it via Add/Remove programs. it said it had, but didn't vanish from the list. i've downloaded adn run their clean tool, and it's now gone from the start menu but the folder's still in Program Files w/ a load of stuff in. if i try Add/Remove again, it just says Uninstall Failed.

how do i purge this 'ing thing?

EDIT

s'okay, found another link to the support tool that got rid of it. needless to say i won't be putting it back on.

:)

wolfie138, Jan 17, 2020

2. Malwarebytes and Windows 10

Then I'll suggest you follow these steps:

1. Press Windows Key + R to open the run dialog

2. In the box that comes up, type services.msc and click OK

3. In the list, find Windows Management Instrumentation, and double click it

4. Change startup type to Automatic

5. See if you can open Malwarebytes, if not, do a reboot.

Dexter Lien, Jan 17, 2020
  3. Problem updating Windows Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10 feature updates

Hi,

I have manage to install image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4 by going to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...erecoveryimage and download a recovery image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4.

What I did to reset your Surface from a USB recovery drive was:
    Step 1: Make sure your Surface is turned off and plugged in (hold down the power
    button for 30 seconds).
    Step 2: Insert the USB recovery drive into the USB port on your Surface.
    Step 3: Press and hold the volume-down button while you press and release the
    power button on your Surface.
    Step 4: When the Surface logo appears, release the volume button.
    Step 5: When prompted, select the language and keyboard layout you want.
    Step 6: Select Troubleshoot > Reset your PC.
    If prompted for a recovery key, select Skip this drive at the bottom of the
    screen.
    Step 7: Select the target operating system you wish to reset. This
    refers to the current operating system installed on your Surface.
    Step 8: Select Yes, repartition the drives, and on the next page, select Next.
    Step 9: Choose Just remove my files.
    Step 10: Select Reset.
    Surface restarts and the Surface logo displays while the reset process continues
    (this can take a while).

This always fails and I have to do the below which continues installation.
    Windows 10 Installation Media:

1. Insert the Media (DVD/USB) in your PC and restart.
    2. Boot from the media.
    3. Select Repair Your Computer.
    Select Troubleshoot.

1. Choose Command Prompt from the menu:
    Type in the command:
    Diskpart
    Type in the command:
    List disk (Note which disk is your Boot drive number mine is 0)
    Type in the command:
    Sel disk 0
    Type in the command:
    List vol (Note which volume is the EFI partition mine is 4)
    Type in the command:
    Sel vol 4
    Type in the command:
    assign letter=V:
    Type in the command:
    Exit
    Type in the command:
    V:
    After you have assigned a drive letter Using Diskpart You can format the EFI partition:
    Example: if you assigned a letter V to the partition the command would be:
    format V: /FS:FAT32
    Type in the command:
    bcdboot C:\windows /s V: /f UEFI

Now I have an issue that I cannot install Feature Updates. They keep failing to install.
    Any ideas how to resolve issue?

jaburmester, Jan 17, 2020
  4. Ṣmeed Win User

malwarebytes

Dear John,

What I meant was that I would suggest that you start your own question in the Malwarebytes help forum and explain to them what you are experiencing now.

I'm not a Malwarebytes user myself but it sounds to me as if your problems/issues started when you updated your free Malwarebytes to the current version 4.

If I were you I would follow these steps (although they say that's for version 3.... But I couldn't find anything for version 4):

https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/190532-having-problems-using-malwarebytes-please-follow-these-steps/

and ask your own question.

I would like to mention that I used to recommend the free Malwarebytes version quite often in the past.

Since some time though I - personally - am wondering about quite a few things in connection with Malwarebytes.

In my personal opinion: Malwarebytes tends to be verrrry aggressive in what they decide to flag as potentionally unwanted programs....

You certainly can decide what you want to allow and what not, the respective settings for version 4 seem to be explained here:

https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-3543

What I would like to suggest as well is that you perhaps think about asking for free expert (real experts) help in this forum:

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/22/virus-trojan-spyware-and-malware-removal-assistance/

This does not mean that I necessarily think that your computer is "infected" ... But: It certainly cannot damage anything when real malware experts lead you through some thorough check-ups/scans etc.

I hope this helps a bit...

Best wishes,

Smeed.

Ṣmeed, Jan 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Malwarebytes Removal 4.0.4.49 - Similar Threads - Malwarebytes Removal

2. I have removed the trojan with Malwarebytes and the trojan still detects when I run a scan...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have removed the trojan with Malwarebytes and the trojan still detects when I run a scan...: I've deleted all the files of the trojan aswell https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-removed-the-trojan-with-malwarebytes-and/21790ded-ab68-4a9e-80c6-0854e175d87c
  3. I have removed the trojan with Malwarebytes and the trojan still detects when I run a scan...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have removed the trojan with Malwarebytes and the trojan still detects when I run a scan...: I've deleted all the files of the trojan aswell https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-removed-the-trojan-with-malwarebytes-and/21790ded-ab68-4a9e-80c6-0854e175d87c
  4. I have removed the trojan with Malwarebytes and the trojan still detects when I run a scan...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Malwarebytes scan reports 1 malicious file found. How to remove?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Malwarebytes scan reports 1 malicious file found. How to remove?: While attempting to download/install the trial version of Malwarebytes a scan was made and this was 1 file was reported on my notepad: PUP.Optional.Restoro, C:\WINDOWS\RESTORO.INT, No Action by user, 818, 551609, 1.0.47924,,ame, , F48C7A073BACE84DC9C3E3C67B2C6016 This was...
  6. How to remove this virus without installing malwarebytes.

How to remove this virus without installing malwarebytes.: Help me to remove this virus, I don't know how this virus accessed/get into my computer, but I'm worried the hackers would steal my data and files.Please, help me.My computer doesn't support security too much.I don't have TPM 2.0Help me, I really need your help.Please reply...
  7. 100% disk usage. HDD isn't the issue, no malware, even removed malwarebytes. Problem still...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    100% disk usage. HDD isn't the issue, no malware, even removed malwarebytes. Problem still...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/seminal_contribution [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hppw6p/100_disk_usage_hdd_isnt_the_issue_no_malware_even/
  8. cant remove malwarebytes

cant remove malwarebytes: no matter what i do cant remove malware bytes tried the removal [img] tool no luck 1904 146802
  9. Whats Tools Remove Software that Activates Malwarebytes & iorbit?

Whats Tools Remove Software that Activates Malwarebytes & iorbit?: My PC detected software that activates malwarebytes and iorbit. What tools can I use to remove them? Also, I created a thread regarding my issue. I used software to test my PC and found some virus/spyware. It could be relevant to this thread. Take a look:...
  10. Malwarebytes Automated Scheduling will not remove schedule

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Malwarebytes Automated Scheduling will not remove schedule: I have Malwarebytes version 2.1.8.1057 (Free) installed on 2 Win 10 machines. Automated Scheduling has two entries, Check for Updates and Threat Scan. The former Repeats once every hour and the latter Repeats once ever day. This combination causes repeated appearance on my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. malwarebytes 4.0.4.49 wont uninstall