Windows 10: Malwarebytes scan reports 1 malicious file found. How to remove?

Discus and support Malwarebytes scan reports 1 malicious file found. How to remove? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; While attempting to download/install the trial version of Malwarebytes a scan was made and this was 1 file was reported on my notepad:... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by klaro 1590, Nov 30, 2021.

1. Malwarebytes scan reports 1 malicious file found. How to remove?

While attempting to download/install the trial version of Malwarebytes a scan was made and this was 1 file was reported on my notepad: PUP.Optional.Restoro, C:\WINDOWS\RESTORO.INT, No Action by user, 818, 551609, 1.0.47924,,ame, , F48C7A073BACE84DC9C3E3C67B2C6016 This was followed by another long string of numbers/letters.What is it and how do I get rid of it???I thought I had stopped the Malwarebytes installation before completion, but guess not. Within 3" the completed the initial scan and the installation of protection plus Browser Guard. In Edge message about the Browser extension were

:)

klaro 1590, Nov 30, 2021
  2. BertSTE Win User

MSRT reports 1 infected file, yet no harmful software found

MSRT (Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool) while scanning reports it found 1 infected file. Yet, once the program is finished scanning, it reports "no harmful software found". Unfortunately there does not seem te be a way to find which file
    is exactly reported as "infected". Is there a need to further investigate this? And if so how to go about it?

The background of my question is following: I found an entry "FU" in the start-up programs in Task Manager, and I suspect it may be (related to) a virus. I did a complete scan with Windows Defender and with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, and both reported no
    infections found.

BertSTE, Dec 1, 2021
  3. Malwarebytes scan reports 1 malicious file found. How to remove?

MSRT reports 33 infected files then scans and reports "No malicious software detected"

Guys, i was just paranoid about my computer after it perform strangely. i run a microsoft malware removal tool and it counts there is 33 infected files in my computer. Its a full run scan as well. After the scan it shows No malicious software is detected.
    This is so confusing. so it is telling me that it detected infected files but in the end it says non was detected? Please help me,someone, I do not know what to do now before this i have contact a tech and he basically did nothing much to help me. Is there
    any other tech that is willing to take on my case? Any public suggestions will help. Thanks

Original title: Files infection.

yi siangng, Dec 1, 2021
Thema:

Malwarebytes scan reports 1 malicious file found. How to remove?

1. Malwarebytes scan reports 1 malicious file found. How to remove? - Similar Threads - Malwarebytes scan reports

2. Windows Antivirus Doesn't Scan as Many Files as Malwarebytes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Antivirus Doesn't Scan as Many Files as Malwarebytes: Hello,I recently encountered a virus, and did full scans with both Windows AV and Malwarebytes. I noticed that Malwarebytes scanned a significantly higher number of files than Windows did, despite them both being full scans. I was wondering why this is: is this a difference...
  3. Windows Antivirus Doesn't Scan as Many Files as Malwarebytes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Antivirus Doesn't Scan as Many Files as Malwarebytes: Hello,I recently encountered a virus, and did full scans with both Windows AV and Malwarebytes. I noticed that Malwarebytes scanned a significantly higher number of files than Windows did, despite them both being full scans. I was wondering why this is: is this a difference...
  4. How to remove malicious in my PC ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to remove malicious in my PC ?: This is the virus in my pa pc how to remove it because the antivirus didnt workthis called Hijacking?file: C:\ProgramData\GeForce\Lib\COM Surrogate.exe file: C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts...
  5. Defender scanned file number - report

Defender scanned file number - report: Hello,I have to somehow create a txt file with the result of a full scan.I can see it / when it ran, how many files scanned, No threats found ... But It can not be copied. I checked the log files - but it is not contained the data above .How can I create a custom report - I...
  6. How do i report a malicious hotmail account?

How do i report a malicious hotmail account?: I recieved an email from someone trying to commit fraud using a hotmail account, how do i report this email address so it can be investigated? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-report-a-malicious-hotmail-account/47d5fa75-74cb-4b91-bd0d-824095d00906
  7. Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool found multiple errors

Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool found multiple errors: Hey guys, I ran the MSRT for the first time this morning and is very concerned. I have done some digging but its a little out of my league. So I am hoping someone can help me with these errors. Found the PID's from Task manager and then opened file location. I tried to do...
  8. Microsoft-Windows-Malicious Software Removal Tool KB890830-x64-V5.65 Is not reporting found...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft-Windows-Malicious Software Removal Tool KB890830-x64-V5.65 Is not reporting found...: Microsoft-Windows-Malicious Software Removal Tool KB890830-x64-V5.65 Is not reporting found problems https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-windows-malicious-software-removal-tool/8200d698-f0bb-45d9-909e-643178bdb9e5
  9. Missing file after Malwarebytes scan

Missing file after Malwarebytes scan: Hi there, i scanned my desktop awhile ago using Malwarebytes premium, it reported a few threats and quarantined it. I happen to delete all the quarantined files and am having a bit of a problem whenever i start my pc. i get an error stating that im missing an exe file (see...
  10. Malwarebytes - last scan error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Malwarebytes - last scan error: Mb v3.0. Did a manual scan yesterday along with an automatic scan, the dashboard reports that the last scan was 4 days ago*Tongue 77740