Windows 10: Malwarebytes slowing down MS application

Discus and support Malwarebytes slowing down MS application in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Both MS Word and MS Excel applications startups slowed down, after installing the latest Malwarebytes version: [img] I used Passmark AppTimer to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Cr00zng, Jan 26, 2019.

1. Cr00zng Win User

Malwarebytes slowing down MS application

Both MS Word and MS Excel applications startups slowed down, after installing the latest Malwarebytes version:

Malwarebytes slowing down MS application [​IMG]

I used Passmark AppTimer to measure the start up time for application, under different settings. The AppTimer started each apps four times and logged the times it took to start the apps. The times were averaged out for each circumstances and here's the result for MS Word:

MBAM = Malwarebytes

The same for MS Excel:

The results for Excel is bearable, as long as the files are stored locally. Once the file is on a network share, starting excel slows down considerably.

MS Word on the other hand takes too long to start up, Malwarebytes pretty much adds four more seconds to the startup time. and that's anything, but bearable.

Prefetch and Superfetch had been enabled, the drive is a Samsung SSD. For Malwarebytes and Vipre A/V all real-time protection had been enabled.

Are there settings for Malwarebytes to reduce the applications startup times?

TIA...

:)

Cr00zng, Jan 26, 2019
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

Updates slowing computer performance

Hi,

Listed below are possible causes why Windows is running slow:

• Too many application installed.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.
    • Outdated drivers.

For us to assist you with the concern, we suggest following the steps on this
    article

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Mayra Aqu, Jan 26, 2019
  3. Which anti-virus application u can suggest me?

i was gonna come in and be all like INB4MAILMAN and suggest that, but i knew you would roll along eventually *Stick Out Tongue Malwarebytes slowing down MS application :p

AlienIsGOD, Jan 26, 2019
  4. Malwarebytes slowing down MS application

Only windows processes/software/applications are slow

Hi,

As per the above info, I suggest that you Run maintenance task checks issues that might slow down your computer's performance, such as how many users are currently logged on to the computer and whether multiple programs are running
    at the same time.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + X on the keyboard.

• Select Control Panel.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Click on Run maintenance task under
      System and Security.

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Jan 26, 2019
Thema:

Malwarebytes slowing down MS application

1. Malwarebytes slowing down MS application - Similar Threads - Malwarebytes slowing down

2. MS Edge Is Slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Edge Is Slow: When I got onto the computer today, I tried opening MS Edge and as always, it took really long because OneDrive's auto sign in function is slower than the next payday but I am having trouble. It takes MS Edge a long time to grab hold of a connection to a website. When I try...
  3. Slowing down

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Slowing down: Can anyone really explain what slows down your computer over time? I have a couple windows 10 machines in my home and both are slowing down so much its frustrating. They take 10-20 minutes to start up and become useable. Once started they both suffer from long bouts of "not...
  4. Slowing down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slowing down: Hi My computer is really slowing down and is hanging alot even folders are not responding Pls help Regards Asmeet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slowing-down/6b4cf77d-627d-4948-8775-a4bc687af8c8
  5. PC slows down and applications stop responding

PC slows down and applications stop responding: I am on a Windows 10 PC, and occasionally for no apparent reason, my browsers all simultaneously stop responding. I will normally have both the new Edge and Chrome open at the same time, and it happens to both. Shortly after, this will happen to any other applications that I...
  6. Slow application

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Slow application: Hi like my computer is soo slow on roblox player file Like very slow i don't know what to do Please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-application/a20260a5-e76a-401c-ad77-86b59ab461e1
  7. Slow application

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow application: Hi like my computer is soo slow on roblox player file Like very slow i don't know what to do Please help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/slow-application/a20260a5-e76a-401c-ad77-86b59ab461e1
  8. MS Whiteboard down?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    MS Whiteboard down?: I am trying to use MS Whiteboard inside MS Teams. When i try to join the whiteboard it says "trying to connect" for a while then returns a gray screen that says "Error. An error occured while processing your request. One of our services is down. Please try again later." I am...
  9. Slowing Down

Slowing Down: Hopefully, we can come up with an option other than reinstalling windows. I'm using Windows 10 on a custom-built computer and it's been about 2 years since it was originally installed on this particular machine. We don't do anything interesting with this machine. All of what...
  10. Windows Slow and slow down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Slow and slow down: Whats going on in Win 10. The past 2-3 weeks have seen win 10 go from smooth and fast to slow and slow. This forum took 77-78 seconds to open from clicking on shortcut to screen. I have games staggering all over the place like drunken graphics. On occasion sites do not even...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. malwarebytes slowing my computer