Windows 10: Malwarebytes Updates

Discus and support Malwarebytes Updates in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Is it possible to remove malwarebytes previous updates? If it is not possible, I will uninstall malwarebytes and install malwarebytes cleanup utility... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by EstherEmily, Jun 17, 2022.

1. Malwarebytes Updates

Is it possible to remove malwarebytes previous updates? If it is not possible, I will uninstall malwarebytes and install malwarebytes cleanup utility to remove malwarebytes files where they left out. And, I will install malwarebytes new version.

:)

EstherEmily, Jun 17, 2022

2. Malwarebytes and Windows 10

Then I'll suggest you follow these steps:

1. Press Windows Key + R to open the run dialog

2. In the box that comes up, type services.msc and click OK

3. In the list, find Windows Management Instrumentation, and double click it

4. Change startup type to Automatic

5. See if you can open Malwarebytes, if not, do a reboot.

Dexter Lien, Jun 17, 2022
  3. Ṣmeed Win User
    malwarebytes

Dear John,

What I meant was that I would suggest that you start your own question in the Malwarebytes help forum and explain to them what you are experiencing now.

I'm not a Malwarebytes user myself but it sounds to me as if your problems/issues started when you updated your free Malwarebytes to the current version 4.

If I were you I would follow these steps (although they say that's for version 3.... But I couldn't find anything for version 4):

https://forums.malwarebytes.com/topic/190532-having-problems-using-malwarebytes-please-follow-these-steps/

and ask your own question.

I would like to mention that I used to recommend the free Malwarebytes version quite often in the past.

Since some time though I - personally - am wondering about quite a few things in connection with Malwarebytes.

In my personal opinion: Malwarebytes tends to be verrrry aggressive in what they decide to flag as potentionally unwanted programs....

You certainly can decide what you want to allow and what not, the respective settings for version 4 seem to be explained here:

https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-3543

What I would like to suggest as well is that you perhaps think about asking for free expert (real experts) help in this forum:

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/22/virus-trojan-spyware-and-malware-removal-assistance/

This does not mean that I necessarily think that your computer is "infected" ... But: It certainly cannot damage anything when real malware experts lead you through some thorough check-ups/scans etc.

I hope this helps a bit...

Best wishes,

Smeed.

Ṣmeed, Jun 17, 2022
  4. 1PW
    1PW Win User

Malwarebytes Updates

malwarebytes

Hello @walleyeblugil

1. Published lists that could be sorted by build number likely are non-existent. Without devoting more time, it would be best if you quote the entire version number in a reply.
    2. If you have an unexpired or lifetime license, a clean install seems indicated if you wish to upgrade to Malwarebytes for Windows. (MB4)
    If you wish to upgrade immediately, and your computer meets hardware/software minimums, then:

1. Please first make a safe/written record of the older product's valid Malwarebytes license Key/ID.
    2. Deactivate the activated license.
    3. Sequentially follow the steps in the following document:
    https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-2674

Then activate to premium:

https://support.malwarebytes.com/docs/DOC-3537

HTH

Thema:

Malwarebytes Updates

1. Malwarebytes Updates - Similar Threads - Malwarebytes Updates

2. URGENT CPU Usage at 100%… ran Malwarebytes, Updated drivers, nothing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    URGENT CPU Usage at 100%… ran Malwarebytes, Updated drivers, nothing.: Hey everyone, this problem with my pc has stumped me. Basically, I noticed my computer running super slow and so I went to visit task manager, only to see that the cpu usage was set to 100%. Whats more is that the programs causing high usages are programs on my pc that should...
  3. URGENT CPU Usage at 100%… ran Malwarebytes, Updated drivers, nothing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    URGENT CPU Usage at 100%… ran Malwarebytes, Updated drivers, nothing.: Hey everyone, this problem with my pc has stumped me. Basically, I noticed my computer running super slow and so I went to visit task manager, only to see that the cpu usage was set to 100%. Whats more is that the programs causing high usages are programs on my pc that should...
  4. Windows 10 crashes after run windows updates. I installed Malwarebytes recently .

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 crashes after run windows updates. I installed Malwarebytes recently .: Hi,Windows 10 booting and can log in to my account, but nothing else can do. Only showing taskbar Search icon and time and it's keep refreshing every second.None on keyboard shortcut keys working.I tried, Startup repair, sfc/scannow,uninstall latest updates, but still no...
  5. Failed 2004 update? Windows slow? It could be Malwarebytes

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Failed 2004 update? Windows slow? It could be Malwarebytes: The Windows 2004 update brought my machine to its knees. Nothing worked anymore. After three failed upgrades and one completely new install of Windows 10 version 2004, I started to selectively disable components, and I finally narrowed it down to Malwarebytes, an anti-virus,...
  6. Malwarebytes update keeps freezing my computer and it restarts continually

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Malwarebytes update keeps freezing my computer and it restarts continually: I just allowed Malwarebytes to install an update and now computer is freezing up and restarts on its own. How do I uninstall malwarebyte update. I already tried going into updates on the control panel and doesn't show malwarebyte update. Thanks!...
  7. Malwarebytes stopped working properly after recent Windows 8.1 update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Malwarebytes stopped working properly after recent Windows 8.1 update: I have Malwarebytes Premium 3.6.1 which worked until just recently. Following a update of Windows 8.1, I cannot turn on the Malware Protection layer. Its still scans my files. How do I get Malwarebytes to work again? Thanks in anticipation Anthony Moffoot...
  8. Since Updating Malwarebytes to V3.2.0.704

Since Updating Malwarebytes to V3.2.0.704: I've been getting these: [img] [img] Anybody else seeing this? Suggestions? 121262
  9. yesterday's win 10 update malwarebyte update : incompatible

yesterday's win 10 update malwarebyte update : incompatible: Win 10 professional update yesterday (October 9) Malwearbytes update also updated yesterday Event manager reports Malwearbytes boot error upon restart or start. Used Malwearbytes removal tool Reinstalled earlier version (March) No more error Any thoughts? Thanks. 119576
  10. yesterday's win 10 update malwarebyte update : incompatible

in Windows 10 Support
    yesterday's win 10 update malwarebyte update : incompatible: Win 10 professional update yesterday (October 9) Malwearbytes update also updated yesterday Event manager reports Malwearbytes boot error upon restart or start. Used Malwearbytes removal tool Reinstalled earlier version (March) No more error Any thoughts? Thanks. 119576